PDA

View Full Version : anybody recommend a furniture store

calgary350z
01-31-2016, 06:51 AM
looking to buy a bunch of stuff and wondering if somebody on here knows of a decent quality store that i could negotiate a fair price. not paying 15k for a leather sectional from restoration hardware or crate and barrel.

I need a leather sectional, love seat, armchair, new bedroom set and bunch of lamps.

doing a refresh at home on a bunch of things including this furniture.

tch7
01-31-2016, 07:55 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/376678/furniture-stores/

Depends what sort of style you want, price you'll pay, and quality you expect. Just head to the Heritage/Deerfoot Meadows area and bounce around all the furniture spots, such as:

Urban Barn, Nordesign, Revolve, Ashley, EQ3, Ikea, Lazyboy, Sears, Leons, The Brick, etc.

Kjonus
01-31-2016, 08:49 PM
We're doing the same and was looking around this weekend and found some really nice stuff at Perfect Home and The Other Room

calgary350z
01-31-2016, 10:41 PM
Sorry I guess I should have been more clear to what I was looking for. Usually when you post on Beyond someone has a guy or favourite place that hooks them up. I usually have a guy or gal for most things but not for furniture.

I work retail and can't stomach paying tag price on anything. Margins are quite high on furniture from what a few of my previous hookups told me. They just don't work in the industry anymore.

Eq3 has been decent for us in the past so looks i might be heading back there.

Lex350
02-01-2016, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by tch7
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/376678/furniture-stores/

Depends what sort of style you want, price you'll pay, and quality you expect. Just head to the Heritage/Deerfoot Meadows area and bounce around all the furniture spots, such as:

Urban Barn, Nordesign, Revolve, Ashley, EQ3, Ikea, Lazyboy, Sears, Leons, The Brick, etc.

REVOLVE....no...just no....never buy from that over priced importer of Chinese shit.

birdman86
02-01-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm a big fan of west elm, but you're right about the markup - never buy full price there, ever. 30% off should be easy to find.

sabad66
02-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Showhome Furniture in Deerfoot Mall is moving so they may have some good deals.

I really like Nordesign too.

SuperG3
02-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Metro Element in Kensington. Family run with ability to get package deals. Baldwin the owner knows his stuff. Google it they have a website.

GQBalla
02-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Just went through this process.

West Elm, nice stuff - Absolutely Garbage service.

In the end, Pottery Barn was the best

Lex350
02-01-2016, 03:07 PM
I've said it before but if you see a sofa you like see who the manufacturer is. GO online and see who all the reps are for the area. There are a couple things you can do from there.

Sometimes you can buy direct from the manufacturer. You save a shit load. Other times if there are multiple companies in the city carrying the same product, you can use that against them in getting a reduced price.

FraserB
02-01-2016, 03:39 PM
I just bought a bedroom set from Prestige Solid Wood.

Looks and feels amazing, but you pay for it. Also, lead time is about 8 weeks.

Swank
02-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Got an incredible bedroom suite and sectional sofa from Perfect Home Furnishings. Very pleased with the prices too. I plan to stick with them for a new dining room set. If you're lucky enough to get Maurice you'll really enjoy his help, he's a funny old dude.