PDA

View Full Version : Reoccuring sickness

bigbadboss101
02-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Since may be July I have been getting sick every month or so. My wife gets sick more often but that is partly due to lack of sleep as we have a one year old daughter. She would get up 3-4 times a night. She would get sore back, throat, headache, and cold like syndromes. With me I only feel bad for under 24 hours and it consists of sore shoulders, lower back, knees, ankles, and a headache. My resting heart rate would be around 90 when usually it’s closer to 62. Someone suggested I checked the carbon monoxide alarms and the readings are fine.

I guess I should go see a doctors. Not sure what it can be though as I eat pretty well, and exercise regularly. Sleep about 5.5 to 6.5 hours a night.

vengie
02-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Take some zinc, vitamin C and drink Green Tea daily?:dunno:
My girlfriend is a teacher and would be sick CONSTANTLY, once she started doing this she is sick maybe 3-4x a year.
I personally have been doing this since I was about 15 and am very rarely sick. (Once every couple years)

austic
02-03-2016, 11:13 AM
How tough are your exercise sessions? I found with lack of sleep and hard training I was sick more often until I started taking more vitamins. My diet if pretty healthy too but I don't think I cook with enough variety to get all my vitamins.

Next step would go get blood drawn at the doctors and see if you are deficient in any area. :dunno:

killramos
02-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Considered testing your air for mold?

Dave P
02-03-2016, 11:27 AM
The answer for your sickness is your kid.

I have a 2 yr old, and last year me and my wife have never been so sick in our lives. Colds, Flu, etc, etc. One of us always seemed to be sick. There always seemed to be sick kids at her day home so it was just a matter of time before we got sick if we were feeling good.

This year my daughter is a bit older and we have noticed about a 80% reduction in sickness for us all (knock on wood). We chalk this up to her immune system being a bit stronger, but more teaching her habits like washing her hands lots, and she sleeps a lot more. My thoughts anyways.

bigbadboss101
02-03-2016, 11:34 AM
I will look into checking for mold and air quality.

I do most of the time take D and C, green tea and fish oil.

Workouts are hard but only 35-45 minutes. Sleep need to increase.

Pain is not muscles, but more like deep into the bones, and joints/tendons. And it goes away within 24 hours and comes back in a month. The fast HR is a mystery. I am in good shape, and BP is usually around 110/68.

My wife surely can sleep more.

bspot
02-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by killramos
Considered testing your air for mold?

Agreed. I was sick for a solid 6 months because of this. It was awful. I was so tired and didn't want to get out of bed, I thought I was suffering from some major depression or something.

I got out of the place while it was remediated and felt better within a couple weeks.

riander5
02-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Check your kid for mold

drtoohotty1
02-03-2016, 02:51 PM
I also agree with everyone to check for mold, do you guys feel better If you spend a weekend away from the house?

nzwasp
02-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Is there a kit you can use to test for mold - that sounds like something I would like to do at my inlaws place.

Zhariak
02-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Dude, go to the docs....

When was the last time you had a physical? I'd get one done, check your immune system, vitamin levels, etc...

Have you traveled anywhere (ex. Mexico) without catching up on Hep boosters, etc...?

It could be tons of things.. Rule out the easy things with the doc, then start spending $$$ on home stuff to see if it's mold, etc..

bspot
02-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak
Dude, go to the docs....

When was the last time you had a physical? I'd get one done, check your immune system, vitamin levels, etc...

Have you traveled anywhere (ex. Mexico) without catching up on Hep boosters, etc...?

It could be tons of things.. Rule out the easy things with the doc, then start spending $$$ on home stuff to see if it's mold, etc..

I went to the doc a few times and got put on the strongest antibiotics they make in pill form, which obviously did nothing.

Do you get eye crusties? Funny feeling throat?

If you have tried the medical route and get nowhere, I'd call up AirVironment Canada.

The testing wasn't crazy expensive i don't think. The remediation sure was. Good old wood condo with a leaky toilet above me...

Zhariak
02-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by bspot

I went to the doc a few times and got put on the strongest antibiotics they make in pill form, which obviously did nothing.

Do you get eye crusties? Funny feeling throat?

If you have tried the medical route and get nowhere, I'd call up AirVironment Canada.

The testing wasn't crazy expensive i don't think. The remediation sure was. Good old wood condo with a leaky toilet above me...

They gave you antibiotics without confirming a bacterial infection?

Crusty eyes/funny throat tickle sounds like a immune/allergic reaction. Sounds like you have a bad doc...

Just to clarify, when I mentioned he should see a doc, I didn't mean find one that throws out pills... I meant he should get blood work done to rule out any viral diseases that could be lingering (which can cause re-occurring flu like symptoms), and any vitamin deficiencies...

Darell_n
02-03-2016, 08:29 PM
If your kid is in daycare, that's the problem. Kids are genetically engineered to collect all the shit that you and your wife are susceptible to and bring it home in a cute package.