PDA

View Full Version : Eyewear for Computers

JordanEG6
02-03-2016, 12:48 PM
I feel that I'm straining my eyes quite a bit as I'm on the computer for more than 8 hours a day at work. Is there a place in town that sells Computer Screen Glasses or something of the sort? I've seen them before and I've also seen them online, but I'd like to go to a place where I can try them on.

I wear contacts daily so I don't need them prescribed, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

shakalaka
02-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Are you talking about prescription glasses or just regular glasses that are supposed to somehow make it easier on your eyes while using computers?

If it's the latter then I'd be interested in something like that too as I am always in front of a computer. I don't normally need glasses or contacts so it would have to be something non-prescription I suppose.

killramos
02-03-2016, 01:22 PM
My optometrist just has me wear reading glasses for computer use. Thats what she recommends at least.

I would just buy drug store readers and evaluate.

roopi
02-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
I feel that I'm straining my eyes quite a bit as I'm on the computer for more than 8 hours a day at work. Is there a place in town that sells Computer Screen Glasses or something of the sort? I've seen them before and I've also seen them online, but I'd like to go to a place where I can try them on.

I wear contacts daily so I don't need them prescribed, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

This is what you're looking for:

http://www.clearly.ca/eyeglasses-lenses/digital-protection-lenses?cmp=search&src=ggs&seg=eyeglasses_by_lens_type&gro=computer_canadanew&k_affcode=648653&prid=54&k_clickid=479560ae-c993-4649-32f8-00001f63ad47

JordanEG6
02-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Are you talking about prescription glasses or just regular glasses that are supposed to somehow make it easier on your eyes while using computers?

If it's the latter then I'd be interested in something like that too as I am always in front of a computer. I don't normally need glasses or contacts so it would have to be something non-prescription I suppose.

I'm talking about the latter. I have contacts that I wear on the daily. I can't really find a place in town that sells non-prescribed frames with 'digital protection' lenses.

Originally posted by roopi

This is what you're looking for:

http://www.clearly.ca/eyeglasses-lenses/digital-protection-lenses?cmp=search&src=ggs&seg=eyeglasses_by_lens_type&gro=computer_canadanew&k_affcode=648653&prid=54&k_clickid=479560ae-c993-4649-32f8-00001f63ad47

Thanks. I've seen this before. In my OP though, I'm looking for something local that I can try on and fit onto my head.

Mitsu3000gt
02-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Amazon seems to have quite a few non-prescription choices:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=computer+glasses

shakalaka
02-04-2016, 10:05 AM
There are 100's of options online but I understand the OP's sentiment about wanting to try on the frames first. I have ordered so many sunglasses online because I liked the style and when they came, they look like shit on my face and become a waste.

roopi
02-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

I'm talking about the latter. I have contacts that I wear on the daily. I can't really find a place in town that sells non-prescribed frames with 'digital protection' lenses.

Thanks. I've seen this before. In my OP though, I'm looking for something local that I can try on and fit onto my head.

Are you wanting to try the frame on for fit? Or do you want to try the lenses?