PDA

View Full Version : Labour Position

chathamf
02-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Anyone know anywhere I could land a gig doing labour, or anything at all for that matter? I went to trade school for my 2nd period electrical back in November. Applied for the EI that I assumed everyone was eligible for, and I was into December by the time they told me that I wasn't eligible for EI because I had quit a job back in the summer. Anyhow. Finished up school and surprise, surprise my company has no work anymore. No job. No EI. Appealed the EI decision and just got word today they won't see my appeal until May.

Just need a job to try to pay the bills at this point. Will pretty much do anything, but entry level jobs won't even look at me because I am over qualified and they assume I'll just leave. On top of that the wife was recently laid off too. 2 daughters. Brutal situation. Anyhow, sorry for the sob story don't want anyone's pity or the like just wanted to explain the situation and hope someone might have a lead on something I could work at for a bit. Cheers guys.

BavarianBeast
02-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Send me a PM with some details about your previous work experience, I could probably get you back into an electrical trade.

chathamf
02-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast
Send me a PM with some details about your previous work experience, I could probably get you back into an electrical trade.

PM sent.

ExtraSlow
02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
on top of labouring jobs, check out warehouse stuff as well. Temp agencies are another good option, I have used them in the past.

chathamf
02-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
on top of labouring jobs, check out warehouse stuff as well. Temp agencies are another good option, I have used them in the past.

Will do man thanks for the info.

roopi
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
I know it won't be for another month or two but landscaping companies will be hiring seasonal works soon/now as well. Might want to get a head start on that.

Also if your resume is showing you are over qualified there is no harm in removing some details from there so you don't look so qualified.

chathamf
02-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by roopi
I know it won't be for another month or two but landscaping companies will be hiring seasonal works soon/now as well. Might want to get a head start on that.

Also if your resume is showing you are over qualified there is no harm in removing some details from there so you don't look so qualified.

Yea I have been thinking about putting together a different resume. I've done lots of landscaping and golf course work so if it gets to that point I will likely go and do that in the spring.

danno
02-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Sucks to hear send me your electrical work experience and ill send it to a buddy who has a company maybe he could use you.

chathamf
02-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Appreciate the help and suggestions so far. Anyone else have anything?

InRich
02-06-2016, 10:57 PM
so you`ll do anything huh.... mmmm pm me your info, measurements, age, and maybe a couple pix :devil:

chathamf
02-06-2016, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by InRich
so you`ll do anything huh.... mmmm pm me your info, measurements, age, and maybe a couple pix :devil:

:poosie:

btimbit
02-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Any knowledge of pipelines?

http://www.secure-energy.ca/your-career/current-openings?jobID=1166

ExtraSlow
02-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Secure is a pretty solid company, but unless I'm mistaken, this is outside his experience.

chathamf
02-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Secure is a pretty solid company, but unless I'm mistaken, this is outside his experience.

Yea. Good opportunity for sure, but my chances of landing that one are pretty slim I would say.