PDA

View Full Version : What does everybody feed their dogs/cats?

girlRACER
03-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Just curious what kind of food you guys feed your cats and dogs including snacks?? What do you all recommend??

I know Zellers has this awesome product made by Three Dogs Bakery which is oven baked food with no preservatives, by-products and meal and they use real Chicken or Lamb as the first ingredient unlike most popular brands.

As for snacks though I really don't know what is good. I just feed George milkbones and the chewy milkbone snacks.

If you are interested, here's an article about how commercial dog food is prepared and what's in it. http://www.puppylovegourmetbakery.com/didyouknow.htm
Stuff like Kibble & Bits is sprayed with leftover animal fat to give it flavour and preserved with an ingredient like anti-freeze to keep it moist. :barf: And all those things are cancer-causing. Therefore I've become quite paranoid of anything on the market.

Do you guys know of anything good?

JordanLotoski
03-16-2004, 12:02 AM
kibbles and bits.....:D

Impreza
03-16-2004, 12:19 AM
i feed my dog Eukanuba

MerfBall
03-16-2004, 09:00 AM
I feed my cat Iams and Dietary Science I think its called. It's only available from vets. If you want the best food or just want to know bout the food, best to check with your vet. You're right there's alot of crap out there and there's also alot of food out there that sounds like it's good, but it's actually not a balanced diet for your animal.

QuasarCav
03-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Dental diet, my cats love it.

They also like the friskies. But for treats it's temptations

CLiVE
03-16-2004, 09:17 AM
I feed my cats Nutrience. The vet said it was good stuff...?!? Available at Petland.

switch
03-16-2004, 10:35 AM
My cat eats IAM's or Science Diet -- anything else makes his shits unbearable. It also makes his bones strong and his coat nice and shiny.

:D

Gonthro
03-16-2004, 11:44 AM
the neighbours :D

SinisterProbeGt
03-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
i feed my dog Eukanuba
Eukanuba Large Breed:thumbsup:

Ben
03-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Cats eats gourmet Bulk Wiskas from Costco

Ferio_vti
03-16-2004, 01:29 PM
We make homemade food for our dog. That way, we know he's not getting crap that isn't even human grade.
Recipes from:
Dr. Pitcairn's complete guide to natural health for dogs & cats

You can find that book at the public library.

girlRACER
03-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
We make homemade food for our dog. That way, we know he's not getting crap that isn't even human grade.
Recipes from:
Dr. Pitcairn's complete guide to natural health for dogs & cats

You can find that book at the public library.

Ooh can you share some of the recipes with me? Is it hard to make?

Somtimes I feed George rice w/soy sauce since I saw him eating that out of the garbage can once. He seems to like it. :rofl:

daisy
03-17-2004, 12:50 AM
I just got a kitten like 5 days ago...so far all he has eaten is IAMS kitten food...and this bag of moist Whiskas stuff my friend gave me...hope it doesnt make him poop nasty

missblondie
03-17-2004, 01:11 AM
the majority of vets in canada do their nutritional training through a program sponsored by science diet.. therefore, they are extremely biased to this brand.

we feed our cats max kitten and max cat (available at pet land and other pet stores) and they absolutely love it.

///M3
03-17-2004, 01:11 AM
i used to feed my cat cosmo whiskas until my evil garage door killed him :(

girlRACER
03-17-2004, 01:57 AM
So do we have to feed our dogs/cats a combination of wet and dry food?? or will dry food do?

MerfBall
03-17-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure bout dogs, but you want always feed a cat dry food as well because chewing the dry food helps to clean the teeth, unless of course you take the time to brush their teeth then u can probably stick with wet food so long as it provides a balanced diet.

Ferio_vti
03-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

Somtimes I feed George rice w/soy sauce since I saw him eating that out of the garbage can once. He seems to like it. :rofl:

Sure. I'll have to dig around and see.
Its pretty easy stuff. More or less like making fried rice :D

Like mixing fried rice, meat, veggies, and some extra stuff like vitamins.

Redlyne_mr2
03-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

haha wtf you never told me that you were feeding him rice he's a basset hound for god sakes:dunno: :rofl:

sputnik
03-20-2004, 09:16 AM
my friends ALL feed their dogs....

www.mountaindogfood.com

kibble from the petstore is pretty bad for your dogs... try it... i guarantee you will notice a difference in your dog

hyperwhite
03-21-2004, 01:59 PM
my cat likes whatever i am eating. we feed him dry and wet food but i have to keep changing it because he gets tired of his dry food after about a week. if i don't switch it up every once in a while he stops eating.

QuasarCav
03-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Yep, cats are pickier than I am, I can eat the same thing for breakfast 2 years running. But if that cat has to eat whitefish dinner two days in a row he will not be happy:barf:

three33
03-21-2004, 02:28 PM
my gfs grandma had a little shepard cross dog and it lived to be 19 years old and it ate standard no name dog food plus table scraps and dry bread.....

SwitchBlade
03-21-2004, 07:47 PM
chocolate just kidding,
i dont have a dog anymore :(

girlRACER
03-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
my friends ALL feed their dogs....

www.mountaindogfood.com

I bought some snacks made by that company. My dog wouldn't eat it though...he only liked the junk food stuff which means that it was probably very nutritious and healthy for him. :D

hyperwhite
03-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by SwitchBlade
chocolate just kidding,
i dont have a dog anymore :(

too much chocolate????