PDA

View Full Version : New BMW 328 vs Audi A4?

trieu
02-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Looking to lease one of these cars in the near future. Pros and cons of both? Can anyone with experience of each car give some insight? I will go and test drive both of them soon.

InRich
02-07-2016, 10:15 PM
the bmw is better looking for sure.

Sugarphreak
02-07-2016, 10:23 PM

Aleks
02-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
The obvious pro the A4 has over the 328i is AWD... unless you are looking at the 328ix.

I am a big fan of BMW in a lot of areas, and the new 3 series lineup looks great. However Audi just seems like they have a more refined product at this level. I find new BMW's to be sort of thrashy, it tends to give them better performance, but it also takes away from the luxury feel of the car.

I have the 2.0t in my Q5, it is surprisingly torquey and will push it to 100km in around 6.7 seconds. It also doesn't use any more fuel than my CRV did. I just rolled over the 40K mark on it and I haven't had a single issue with the vehicle so far, it is as solid as a rock.

Ultimately you have to test drive them back to back and pick the one that suits you best

There's no such thing as RWD 328 anymore. Only way to get RWD is to go 340i. 320 is AWD only as well.

redline
02-08-2016, 11:24 AM
You got to go drive them and make a decision for yourself. the Fanbois of the different camps will sway you one way or another

BMW AWD RWD basis Audi is FWD basis

They are both German and have a high degree similarity, costs both in purchase and on going.

Go drive them make your decision, the good news is that there is not a bad choice

Sorath
02-08-2016, 11:53 AM
if lease. no brainer to go with bmw.

max_boost
02-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Which ever one has the better lease deal.

Xtrema
02-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Which ever one has the better lease deal.

BMW, always.

You need to drive them. A4 vs 328i xdrive, I would say BMW would be a better driver.

But I find BMW interior quality (design and material) to be bottom 50% of the car market. So for anything that cheaper than a 5 series, you are paying $60K for a $30K car interior.

A4 should have some clearance deal soon if not already. As a new generation of A4 is coming in spring. So they may be more aggressive in getting rid of all the remaining old stock on the lot soon. Then again, that A4 interior is 8 years old now and definitely showing its age.

EDIT: Also, I have heard (but not experienced) some complaining about muted steering feel of higher end BMWs which switched to electric steering. While ironically, the low end model retained hydraulics and kept the old school BMW road feel.

JordanLotoski
02-08-2016, 04:13 PM
^^ I agree, BMW interior is so tired looking. Wish they would take it to the next level like MB has

trieu
02-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Drove the 328 today, it was quicker than I thought it'd be. Seems like it'd be a great daily driver. Still need to drive the A4 but leaning towards 328 after today.

InRich
02-08-2016, 10:43 PM
^ if you need a partner to go along for the rides with you for a 2nd opinion, i'd love to join you. i do it for my friends all the time, and its actually really important.

trieu
02-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by InRich
^ if you need a partner to go along for the rides with you for a 2nd opinion, i'd love to join you. i do it for my friends all the time, and its actually really important.

Thanks for the offer inrich but I'm currently living in the US.

InRich
02-09-2016, 09:55 PM
alrighty then. I still vote for the BMW, less your gonna go with the S4 instead.

killramos
02-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Also, I have heard (but not experienced) some complaining about muted steering feel of higher end BMWs which switched to electric steering. While ironically, the low end model retained hydraulics and kept the old school BMW road feel.

I am pretty sure every single car in the line now has EPS. The only one to keep it was the X1 ( which was still a E gen car ) and that has just been refreshed so bye bye hydraulic.

The whole point is cost savings and fuel economy numbers not to implement new technology.