PDA

View Full Version : Korean cars.

Hotsuma
03-16-2004, 01:27 AM
I get mixed reviews about them. What's so bad about them? And, good. Personally, I think the Kia Sorrento and Hyundai Sonata is a nice ride.

Also, I sat in the chair of an Amanti,and thought it was damn comfortable. Anybody actually drive it before?

That.Guy.S30
03-16-2004, 01:45 AM
hahaha i wouldnt get it. my friend had a kai and had it in for warrenty and they gave him a loaner which also broke down with the same problem as his car. personally i rather buy a honda for that price.

GTS Jeff
03-16-2004, 02:54 AM
just read some reviews from the carmags. time and time again, korean cars end up dead last, even for their cheap price.

RiCE-DaDDy
03-16-2004, 02:58 AM
I love my Santa fe! It's roomy, rugged looking

and it rides like a dream too!

I win!

afchack
03-16-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

I win!

gee dad, can i help you wash it tooo?

cause i got my tib to be noticed!:rofl:

benyl
03-16-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
just read some reviews from the carmags. time and time again, korean cars end up dead last, even for their cheap price.

You get what you pay for.

But car mags are subjective. There are some nice Korean cars out there.

I think the new Tiburon and the latest Elantra from Hyundai look pretty good.

The Sorrento looks good to.

Don't worry, soon people will be buying Korean cars before they buy Japanese... I have faith in them.

sputnik
03-16-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

I win!

You watch commercials too closely... advertising firms must love people like you

:D :D

1badPT
03-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by benyl

You get what you pay for.

But car mags are subjective. There are some nice Korean cars out there.

I think the new Tiburon and the latest Elantra from Hyundai look pretty good.

The Sorrento looks good to.

Don't worry, soon people will be buying Korean cars before they buy Japanese... I have faith in them.

I have to agree. Hyundai has really come a long way from where they were even 5 years ago. Their build qualities are up and their styling cues seem more inspired than the majority of cars you can get out of japan. Plus they are value priced when you compare any of their vehicles to anything else each vehicles class. Since taking over Kia, they've even improved that product line. I think it will take a few more years for them to get recognized for it, but they are definitely making decent cars now.

mo_virgin
03-16-2004, 10:56 AM
It has TONS of new features!!!
AND its a BLAST to drive!!!

Korean Cars SUCK!!!

Most Motorcycles make more horsepower

spooky_08
03-16-2004, 12:05 PM
how much hoursepower do you need in the city everytime you get up to speed you hit a red ... the only place you could possibly use all that horsepower is on deerfoot or the highway

86max
03-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Benyl is right, you get what you pay for,

My sister's new accent gsi, is the slowest, most poorly built car I've ever seen on a showroom floor, but it only cost a little over 13 grand fully loaded. So if you want something dead cheap to get you around for a while.....why not. Plus they have good warranties.

GTS Jeff
03-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT

I have to agree. Hyundai has really come a long way from where they were even 5 years ago. Their build qualities are up and their styling cues seem more inspired than the majority of cars you can get out of japan. Plus they are value priced when you compare any of their vehicles to anything else each vehicles class. Since taking over Kia, they've even improved that product line. I think it will take a few more years for them to get recognized for it, but they are definitely making decent cars now. are u kidding? all they do is copy other ppls styling and in a horrible way! (aka ugly)

s for their build quality going up, the only true test is time, and from their older models, they dont have a good track record.

as for catching up to the japanese, good luck!! that would take so long that korea would fall back into civil war in that time..

benyl
03-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
are u kidding? all they do is copy other ppls styling and in a horrible way! (aka ugly)

s for their build quality going up, the only true test is time, and from their older models, they dont have a good track record.

as for catching up to the japanese, good luck!! that would take so long that korea would fall back into civil war in that time..

Lexus makes copies too. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :D

The Koreans are collaborating with other manufacturers to get their quality up. It is only a matter of time.

The Japanese are slipping and so is my tranny<-- case in point.