PDA

View Full Version : GMC Canyon / Chev Colorado

Boostn
02-13-2016, 10:20 PM
Anyone on here have the latest gen 2015+ Canyon or Colorado? What's your experience been with them? I've seen a few on the roads recently and they look great in person. I've been thinking about picking up a new truck, just unsure whether to go mid size or full size yet. I actually don't really need a full size but the incentives on the leftover 2015 models are quite aggressive right now. There's approx $10K incentive on the remaining 2015 Sierra and Silverado currently. You get a lot of truck for the money. On the flip side a moderately equipped 2016 Canyon SLE will cost about the same price, of course with no rebates whatsoever. The stock on them seems to be quite limited as well.

relyt92
02-13-2016, 10:35 PM
As much as I like the idea of a midsize, for the price you're right, you do get a lot of truck for the money. Generally very similar fuel economy as well, but with more capabilities and a bigger resale market. Personally at the price point I'd be looking Sierra. Get the carbon black or whatever it's called and you can fit in with everyone else on here with one too.

Boostn
02-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Yeah judging by what I've seen on other threads there's a ton of Sierra owners on here lol. I'm not as baller so will have to settle for the lowly SLE trims. I'll have to check out a 5L F150 as well, no eco boost for me. That's the only other truck I'm interested in as I'm not a big fan of the Ram. I'm a bit concerned about AFM and vibration issues with the GM full size trucks. It seems to be relatively common from the reading I've done. The Canyon/Colorado is a fairly new platform and has its share of issues as well, though nothing too serious from the looks of it.

corsvette
02-14-2016, 12:55 AM
AFM is simple to eliminate on the GM's, handheld tuner works fine (I used a Bullydog on mine)

The vibration issue affects a very small number of trucks. Since they sell so many the issue may seem bigger as people vent on the internet forums about it. So many different fixes have solved the problem it's hard to pinpoint what causes it in the first place.

I'd so go for the Canyon/Colorado if you do mostly light hauling and city driving. They're so much more maneuverable and easy to park. I think the prices of the smaller truck are very close to the full size, so it'll be a matter of which one you like driving the best.

KPHMPH
02-14-2016, 10:11 AM
Just remember a Colorado / Caynon can pull almost 7000lbs with the V6.... A base model Sierra will do the same so for the same money it's worth it to get a fully loaded small truck.

If you need some help decision or do end up buying let me know, I can help with that process.
[email protected]

Cooked Rice
02-26-2016, 02:45 AM
Drove one for a few weeks in December/Jan for work and I found it to be a bit cramped inside especially with a winter jacket on. I'm 6 ft tall and by the time I had the seat adjusted to a comfortable height and location it felt like I was driving a car.

dubhead
10-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Just picked up a 2016 Canyon All Terrain.

So far so good!

RealJimmyJames
10-04-2016, 11:13 AM
They drive very nice on the highway, borrowed a relatives recently. If you want a small truck that feels like a car to drive, this is it.

dino_martini
10-04-2016, 11:29 AM
I would have bought a Duramax Colorado, but no dealership had a diesel example to test drive. I got the "they're sold before they hit the lot" line at the three GM Dealers I visited. Otherwise I think they're quite a nice truck, and the drivers seat has actual height adjustment unlike the Camry seat Toyota puts in the Tacoma.

dubhead
10-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I would have bought a Duramax Colorado, but no dealership had a diesel example to test drive. I got the "they're sold before they hit the lot" line at the three GM Dealers I visited. Otherwise I think they're quite a nice truck, and the drivers seat has actual height adjustment unlike the Camry seat Toyota puts in the Tacoma.

Sales guy here in Edmonton gave the impression the Diesle's weren't moving very well, seems the added $4000 pushes pretty far into half ton territory. Dollar wise it was toss up even for the 3.6 vs Halftons I just don't need a truck that size living in the inner city.

blownz
10-04-2016, 01:57 PM
We had a Colorado at work on loan for a month and I had a chance to drive it and a co-workers 2015 Tacoma and I would definitely say the Colorado is night and day better. Tacoma feels like it is 10 years old (which it is...).

I would definitely consider one if you are in the market for that size of truck.

italianstylez
10-04-2016, 08:57 PM
We have 2 diesels at shaw 👍

dirtsniffer
10-04-2016, 10:34 PM
I'm a big fan of my LT Silverado. I didn't see the benefits when looking at a Colorado that was the same price with worse rates.