PDA

View Full Version : OEM Rice

Speed_RaSiR
09-30-2002, 12:31 PM
WTF is with Honda Dealers fake badging their cars? I stopped by T&T Honda and in the showroom they had a bunch of Civic with LX-R stickers on the back. WTF is that? Once I was at Honda West and to my amazement they had an Accord Type R! Ive even seen a Civic SE-R. Im wondering if you purchased a so called Accord Type R from the dealer, which is only available in the UK, if you could sue them for selling you a fake???? Maybe Honda would ship you a real Accord Type R from the UK??? hmmmm...

buh_buh
09-30-2002, 12:50 PM
these are probably used cars that came in from trade ins. But I think a Civic LX-R actually exists.

HRD2PLZ
09-30-2002, 12:51 PM
probably just special packages. Like adding an oem spoiler, different alloy wheels, and stuff like that intended to sell the car quicker or appeal to a different group of people.

Speed_RaSiR
09-30-2002, 01:09 PM
Na they where new cars, in the show room. And there is no such thing as an 02-03 Civic LXR

GingeRRRBeef
09-30-2002, 01:36 PM
actually, there is LX-R/EX-R are just to designate different trim levels on top of the base LX/EX models

I think it adds spoiler, alloy wheels, tint etc

HRD2PLZ
09-30-2002, 02:11 PM
When I bought my Accord from a Honda dealer, they had an 02 Civic LX-R coupe in the showroom. It had LX-R decals, a spoiler and non-oem alloy wheels.

MYKN
09-30-2002, 02:14 PM
silver _specV is right

Impreza
09-30-2002, 02:15 PM
ya...i see lx-r everywhere... i have also seen some se-r's too...

Ferio_vti
09-30-2002, 02:37 PM
They're just packages. Dealer's trying to make for the lose of badging with the cheap decals, considering that they don't put on the metal badges like the last gen of Civics.
But they do look pretty bad since the LX/DX/SE part isn't the same font as the R

Speed_RaSiR
09-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
When I bought my Accord from a Honda dealer, they had an 02 Civic LX-R coupe in the showroom. It had LX-R decals, a spoiler and non-oem alloy wheels.

Yea but its not OEM factory, Its not on the Honda website.

max_boost
09-30-2002, 02:44 PM
My neighbor has a Civic Sedan LXr
It has a spoiler and rims

Whats the problem? Just a package

boi-alien
09-30-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

Yea but its not OEM factory, Its not on the Honda website.

i think it's the trim level that the dealership offers, spoiler and rims, might not be an actual honda trim level

RiceCake
09-30-2002, 08:57 PM
I see a lot of them from T&T Honda. They have Dx- R's and Lx-R's. I think its a dealer promo and they're selling the cars with rims and the OEM spoiler. :)

shadowz
09-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake
I see a lot of them from T&T Honda. They have Dx- R's and Lx-R's. I think its a dealer promo and they're selling the cars with rims and the OEM spoiler. :)

Ya basically its a sales approach, they add altezzas, 15 inch wheels and a nice R decal and classify it as different than the plain jane civic:dunno:

Ferio_vti
09-30-2002, 10:52 PM
T&T Honda is totally whoring up their Hondas with all the bundles and aftermarket packages. See so many old people driving Civics with Altezzas and skirt kits now.
Talk about milking people of their money and making their cars ugly.