PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your tires? Short survey Canadian start-up

hsmit
02-16-2016, 01:02 PM
If you have a car, please take a moment to complete this short survey and help our new Canadian start-up company.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/buytires

Your feedback is important and appreciated, thanks!

bjstare
02-16-2016, 01:06 PM
:rolleyes:

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-16-2016, 01:08 PM
I have to type answers? Too much effort.

RealJimmyJames
02-16-2016, 01:12 PM
I hope whoever designed your survey isn't in charge of your website and ordering process.

hsmit
02-16-2016, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I have to type answers? Too much effort.

At least you took the effect to type a reply :)

It's just 1 open question in the beginning, rest is not open.

Thanks for the effort!

hsmit
02-16-2016, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
I hope whoever designed your survey isn't in charge of your website and ordering process.

Could you also say why? Please PM me RealJimmyJames.

Thanks!

ercchry
02-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Do you really think we need another online option? That market is saturated with some big players with incredible purchasing power, how will you be competitive? Especially with our dollar.... I find that most local shops can match or be close enough to online options after shipping that I don't even bother buying online anymore.... And since they need to be installed anyway and they basically all have access to the same distributors it makes sense

FullFledgedYYC
02-16-2016, 02:33 PM
Poor survey writing... or maybe I am just overly picky since I wrote these in school so much.

In one question you ask if delivery to a service centre is important... and I said no.

Next question... would you buy online tires now if they were delivered to a service centre, had a good price, and .... something else.

I put no... because I don't want them to be delivered to a service centre, I want to do them myself. So now, when you do your analysis you think I won't buy tires online, but really I will.....

sabad66
02-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Filled it out for you. Good luck with your business

vengie
02-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Jesus Christ you guys are vicious. The survey took 1 min at most.

Help the guy out.

NoPulp
02-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Survey wasn't even bad lol.

Would be nice to have another Canadian tire company. I've been looking for tires lately, pain in the ass to find stock and decent price. Think I'm going with a local company today or tomorrow. Can't get anything over the border for a decent price. 1010tire seemed to be higher than some local companies by a decent amount, that's before shipping too.

The most important things to me are:
1. Price
2. Website
3. Stock

Cheap and quick delivery is also nice. Could care less about delivery to a shop or guarantee fitment.

Another thing is I am blown away at how horrible local companies have been at replying to email. Guess they don't want my business.

ercchry
02-16-2016, 03:03 PM
^^^pick up a phone and call... My shop of choice had access to some massive distributors and if it's not in Calgary, then it's for sure in Edmonton and I have them in a day or two, good prices too

vengie
02-16-2016, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
^^^pick up a phone and call... My shop of choice had access to some massive distributors and if it's not in Calgary, then it's for sure in Edmonton and I have them in a day or two, good prices too

Pm me a name? or is it Urban X?

NoPulp
02-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
^^^pick up a phone and call...

I hate using the phone.
If I want a quote, I want it in text. Usually my only free time to shop online is when I'm home late at night... email isnt rocket science. I just refuse to do business with companies that don't display prices or reply to emails.

Swank
02-16-2016, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by vengie

Help the guy out.
Agreed, and done!

G
02-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by vengie

Help the guy out.

Some vendors actually paid for advertising to keep this site free...just sayin.

vengie
02-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by G

Some vendors actually paid for advertising to keep this site free...just sayin.

He is in no way advertising. If he was, then it would be a different issue.

This is no different than people posting up a "Vote for this" link.

"Just Saying". :rolleyes:

toastgremlin
02-17-2016, 09:14 AM
I've usually used Tire Rack and a drive to Montana along with other US-only goodies, but now with the dollar I'm looking at Canadian stores.

1010 seemed good, but Canadian Tire has prices for the same very limited selection of tires that are within +/- $5 and doesn't charge hundreds for shipping on top of that.

The ridiculous overpriced shipping companies (which just encourage companies to gouge further by adding a few bucks of pure margin to "shipping and handling") are why Canadian online businesses do so poorly.

I dunno if your business model (which appears to be "take subsidizing fees/royalties from a tire shop in exchange for mailing tires directly to them for install") would work for me in particular but I think more normal people would.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-17-2016, 09:29 AM
I work in the industry and filled it out anyway.