PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Supra

Kjonus
02-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Never really thought too much about these cars, but have a line on a well looked after, low mileage with no rust at all. Wondering if anyone here has experience with these cars and what to look for. Any big problems with these cars. Thinking of using it as a weekend driver. Thanks in advance.

NoPulp
02-17-2016, 11:10 PM
Not much personal experience. I had a buddy with one and beat the living piss out of it and never had issues. They're actually cool cars that often get over looked.

Best place to look would be a specific forum, probably not a ton of info in other places.

n1zm0
02-18-2016, 09:50 AM
I always liked the look of them, that mid-80s DeLorean/Starion look.

No direct experience for me either but some here might know of a specific local MA67 that was silver(more like matte silver) and had one of those 'street fighter' bodykits from way back, had a 7MGTE in it. Almost iconic that car, it stood up to its abuse.

I think finding a low mileage and almost rust free example is like finding a needle in a haystack for those Celica Supras as there's barely any left on the streets now that I noticed. As for engine down the road, I'm pretty sure any of the JZs (and the 7m obviously) will fit, but that 5mge is just as most Toyota engines were during the era, pretty bulletproof reliable.

Pacman
02-18-2016, 10:00 AM
No rust means it must have been very well taken care off. Those things practically started rusting in the dealer showrooms.

JRSC00LUDE
02-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Oh man, so awesome if it's actually in that legit of condition..... :drool:

finboy
02-18-2016, 01:10 PM
These have always been on my list of cars to own, but finding a clean one has been impossible as long as I've been driving, grab it if it's a good price, and post pics

JRSC00LUDE
02-18-2016, 01:18 PM
^ Yup. I want it!