PDA

View Full Version : Telus services going up?

Seks
03-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Went to pay my Telus Internet bill online and I noticed a generic message mentioning subscription prices going up starting in Mar.

Anyone know any details?

nzwasp
03-02-2016, 09:29 AM
I think its to cover the cost of lost revenues due to the CRTC ruling about the new limited tv option.

Well thats my thoughts.

Proyecto2000
03-02-2016, 11:39 AM
I don't know any details but I received a rate increase notice letting me know that I was going to be paying $128 vs my current $120. I called them up to complain about a rate increase at a time when a good portion of their customers are taking pay cuts and losing their jobs and I told them to cancel my services.

Here is what they offered:
land line for $10/month indefinitely
TV with basic HD channels + Optik 20 - $65/month. 6 months

I ended up with internet 20 for $45/month through Telus. Bought a programmed Kodi box for $250 and paying Ooma $4.95/month for a land line.

Had Telus not sent a rate increase notice they would still be making $120/month off me :nut:

n1zm0
03-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Proyecto2000
I ended up with internet 20 for $45/month through Telus. Bought a programmed Kodi box for $250

I just recently got into Kodi/XBMC and after getting as many video add-ons as I needed to meet and now exceed what I already have resources to, I found myself not even really needing our tv package at all, especially now that rates are going up.

As it is right now, I could cancel my cable and Netflix account and just have internet + Kodi and my life would be improved entertainment wise and financially, albeit with certain unforeseen risk, specifically the reliability of Kodi/XBMC and the add-ons.

yellowsnow
03-02-2016, 01:46 PM
I just got into Kodi/XBMC as well. What add ons are people using?

Proyecto2000
03-02-2016, 03:20 PM
I bought my kodi box from silent systems on kijiji. It has more streams than i know what to do with lol.

So far I like sportsdevil for hockey games and prosports for soccer. 1080p is wicked for HD movies.

I haven't been able to find a good HD stream for CNN or any local live Calgary news streams. I did find a good stream for CTV Edmonton and Global Toronto.

schocker
03-02-2016, 03:42 PM
^^I have tried sports devil in the past for nfl/nhl, but always found the quality was garbage and or would not load at all.

sabad66
03-02-2016, 03:54 PM
I bought my kodi box from silent systems on kijiji. It has more streams than i know what to do with lol.

So far I like sportsdevil for hockey games and prosports for soccer. 1080p is wicked for HD movies.

I haven't been able to find a good HD stream for CNN or any local live Calgary news streams. I did find a good stream for CTV Edmonton and Global Toronto.
use an HD antenna for local stuff

n1zm0
03-02-2016, 04:12 PM
I did find a good stream for CTV Edmonton and Global Toronto.

Canada Ondemand for local news, has every major CDN news channel appropriate to each city. There is at least a RT Live feed I know for sure, it's in the same pack the Canada Ondemand one came in. CNN I haven't found yet.

Exodus for tv and movies, first time I went through the list I was seriously overwhelmed by how much stuff is on there, even old movies. Like I said, with this add-on I really see no use for Netflix... or torrents.

Prosports for North American(you can get HD Feeds for most of these games) sports and Ares Football for European soccer (has everything, Premier League, Bundesliga etc).

edit: also the Canada Ondemand stuff has TSN channels if you're into that, the big news one I'll have to check when I get home, it had probably every prominent news station worldwide live streaming, cCloud or something like that.

Proyecto2000
03-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by sabad66

use an HD antenna for local stuff

i have one but in the last few weeks I haven't been able to pick up Global due to weak signal.