PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2016 Calgary International Autoshow thread

Pages : [1] 2

Redlyne_mr2
03-01-2016, 07:32 PM
It's that time of year again, who's going?

Any cars to look out for?

http://www.autoshowcalgary.com/booking-1/

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-01-2016, 07:39 PM
I hope they bring an M2 so I can dream and drool over it. Otherwise I'll check out every car on the floor as I do every year and probably go two days.

KPHMPH
03-01-2016, 08:59 PM
I should be working it!

Yay, free tickets.

Sorath
03-01-2016, 09:09 PM
gt3rs/ford gt/focus rs

Sugarphreak
03-01-2016, 09:45 PM

K3RMiTdot
03-01-2016, 11:53 PM
thanks for the reminder - need to buy tickets

tehwegz
03-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I am hoping the new Ford Raptor and Toyota Warrior concept is there, I really want to get a look at them in person.

For cars I definitely want to check out the new Lexus LC500 and new M2. I hope the Fiat 124 is going to be there too, but that might be too much to hope for. With Scion being phased out, I wonder if we will see the FRS rebadged as the Toyota GT86?

You mean Nissan Titan Warrior?

Toyota has that new bad arse TRD front end on the Tundra though.

And Scion/Toyota said it will just get called "Toyota FR-S".

Maxx Mazda
03-02-2016, 12:32 AM
Focus RS for me. And I'd like to check out the new F-150's up close as well. Haven't been to a dealer yet.

Nav13
03-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Tacoma TRD Pro, Mustang GT350 and Ford GT. Doubtful that any of them will be there.

Sugarphreak
03-02-2016, 08:20 AM

Mibz
03-02-2016, 09:18 AM
I really wanted to see it with Toyota GT86 badges You mean you haven't seen one of the dozen around town that swapped their badges?

schocker
03-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Can't wait, my favorite time of the year!

4doorj
03-03-2016, 08:34 AM
I will be there! Can't wait!

Sugarphreak
03-03-2016, 08:47 AM

toastgremlin
03-03-2016, 09:47 AM
It's always a good time to go and look at everything.

The Kia booth guy last year really wanted me to buy an Optima.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by toastgremlin
It's always a good time to go and look at everything.

The Kia booth guy last year really wanted me to buy an Optima.

Every year I sit in almost every vehicle and pick apart the interiors and design in front of the sales people, I love crushing their enthusiasm for each brand :P

killramos
03-03-2016, 10:09 AM
I always love seeing which manufacturer's / dealers give me the time of day.

Was very impressed with porsche last year, guy game me some quality time with a Macan Turbo which was originally locked. MB was :nut: guy didn't know what an AMG was and pushed me away to talk to an asian family shopping for a B. LR is always a bunch of douche canoes which sucks because I :love: them to much. Ford wouldn't let me sit in a mustang :rofl:

Good times at the Calgary Auto Show:rolleyes:

vtec4life
03-03-2016, 10:25 AM
M2 will be there for sure...... along with.... the M4 GTS!

That.Guy.S30
03-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by killramos
I always love seeing which manufacturer's / dealers give me the time of day.

Was very impressed with porsche last year, guy game me some quality time with a Macan Turbo which was originally locked. MB was :nut: guy didn't know what an AMG was and pushed me away to talk to an asian family shopping for a B. LR is always a bunch of douche canoes which sucks because I :love: them to much. Ford wouldn't let me sit in a mustang :rofl:

Good times at the Calgary Auto Show:rolleyes:

Porsche guys are the friendliest car guys you can meet. Most of them are true enthusiasts. Also, there's a few beyond members that work there.

Mibz
03-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
Porsche guys are the friendliest car guys you can meet. Most of them are true enthusiasts. Also, there's a few beyond members that work there. Yup, from the first time I went into that dealership they've been nothing but awesome to me. If they were in a better location I'd go more often just to shoot the shit.

killramos
03-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by That.Guy.S30

Porsche guys are the friendliest car guys you can meet. Most of them are true enthusiasts. Also, there's a few beyond members that work there.

Quite the contrast from the car owners in my experience :rofl:

:barf:

Xtrema
03-03-2016, 02:10 PM
MB was :nut: guy didn't know what an AMG was and pushed me away to talk to an asian family shopping for a B. LR is always a bunch of douche canoes which sucks because I :love: them to much. Ford wouldn't let me sit in a mustang :rofl:

It really depends who works the floor. Sales tends to be much better than manufacturer reps.

rage2
03-03-2016, 02:45 PM
There's no manufacturer reps at the Calgary show. It's just all dealers haha.

A2VR6
03-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Yup, from the first time I went into that dealership they've been nothing but awesome to me. If they were in a better location I'd go more often just to shoot the shit. :werd: Nicest guys ever

Canmorite
03-03-2016, 03:46 PM
Damn, I'll be in Revelstoke. Always enjoyed this show!

FullFledgedYYC
03-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Every year I sit in almost every vehicle and pick apart the interiors and design in front of the sales people, I love crushing their enthusiasm for each brand :P

Trust me.... we don't care. We are actually laughing at you.

SkiBum5.0
03-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Usually the regional sales reps will be there for the manufacturers. Also, the people in the many of the booths are technically corporate reps (although contracted thru an entity such as Automotive Driving Solutions).

The rest are from the dealers

beyond_ban
03-03-2016, 06:27 PM

:rofl: I love being absolutely honest about what i see/feel/think about the car im looking at, and the reactions from the sales guys are hilarious.

guessboi
03-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Just received an email from a dealership today.

The Huracán LP580-2, the Huracán Spyder, as well as the 2017 Lotus Evora 400 will be there. :eek:

Skyline_Addict
03-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Yeah Porsche Centre Calgary people are good. They were helpful and professional whenever I've been there.

Couldn't even get someone from Airdrie Dodge Jeep to call me back.

Xtrema
03-04-2016, 11:38 AM

Really? I was sure there was a few people I talked to has no idea who the dealers are in town.

Sugarphreak
03-04-2016, 01:31 PM

FullFledgedYYC
03-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Really? I was sure there was a few people I talked to has no idea who the dealers are in town.

I can't speak for every brand, but I imagine it's the same....

Basically you have your dealer salespeople, they are the ones seeing if you have any questions, trying to get you booked for an appointment etc.

Then you have hired promo people, lets call them models (they are usually at least halfway decent looking). They are the ones trying to get your email address and to take part in their contests etc. I believe the majority of them are locals that are just hired by or through an agency for the show.

Then you have the corporate reps. Usually an area manager (so say the head of the brand for Western Canada region) and a brand rep that goes to all the shows in Canada on behalf of the brand. They can speak to people who have more big picture questions and they are there to see how things go at the show, if there are any issues etc. and then feed that back to corporate.

There is your insider knowledge.... REALLY EXCITING ISN'T IT?!?! haha.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Friend sent me a photo of the new NSX under wraps down there.

JohnnyHockey
03-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Lol funny. Any sales bros come near me I'll just tell them I'm unemployed, that's why I'm there on a Thursdays afternoon.

KPHMPH
03-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Dealership sales people have to sign an ethics agreement stating we can't pester people at the auto show into buyer. If YOU are serious and want to buy then we are allowed to speak to you and sell the product.

guessboi
03-05-2016, 01:09 PM
I will be there on the weekend - Free tickets from Lone Star.

klumsy_tumbler
03-07-2016, 01:40 PM

Quite the contrast from the car owners in my experience :rofl:

:barf:

Funny, we say the same thing about BMW drivers... :poosie:

Originally posted by guessboi

the 2017 Lotus Evora 400 will be there.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I have to go, just to check that out... :burnout:

jdmXSI
03-08-2016, 11:48 PM
Some nice cars there like the NSX, Jag F-Pace, M4 GTS, R8 V10, Focus RS to name a few that stood out for me.

Cos
03-09-2016, 01:49 PM

n1zm0
03-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
There is your insider knowledge.... REALLY EXCITING ISN'T IT?!?! haha.

Also from what I remember working at a dealer, if there's more than one dealer in town, the salespeople usually alternate between dealerships by day or half day I think. X dealer gets Wednesday or the morning, Y dealer gets Thursday or the evening crowd on Wednesday etc.

Also all the cars are usually from the make's HQ I believe, usually in Ontario or wherever, they get shipped around the country for all the car shows I heard. But I don't know if that's true because they occasionally sell a car show floor model as per the big 'SOLD' sign in some windows, or maybe that's just a marketing ploy.

dibbz
03-10-2016, 06:27 PM
Anyone know if they are showing off the new MB C Coupe at the autoshow?

tehwegz
03-10-2016, 07:38 PM
I want to go to Calgary show this year, but getting free tickets for the Edmonton show so maybe next time.

Definitely will be M2. I saw my first M2 today. Couple came in today, actually. Sat in, heard it, took in the sight. Really looks like a smaller M4, yet hear it weighs not much less. It's pretty loud, I like it.

Focus RS has got to be there...I'm most excited about that.

Sugarphreak
03-10-2016, 09:16 PM

blownz
03-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by tehwegz
I want to go to Calgary show this year, but getting free tickets for the Edmonton show so maybe next time.

Definitely will be M2. I saw my first M2 today. Couple came in today, actually. Sat in, heard it, took in the sight. Really looks like a smaller M4, yet hear it weighs not much less. It's pretty loud, I like it.

Focus RS has got to be there...I'm most excited about that.

I have been to both and the Calgary show is no better than the Edmonton one. Waste of a drive. Some years Calgary has a few vehicles Edmonton doesn't have and other years Edmonton has some Calgary doesn't have.

The Edmonton one is significantly bigger too so more selection of the mainstream vehicles to look at.

Big difference in floor plan:

http://www.autoshowcalgary.com/floor-plan/

http://www.edmontonmotorshow.com/motorshow/exhibitors/

SOAB
03-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Cos
I missed the 20% off discount and am going tomorrow. Anyone know of any more codes or someone who can hook someone up?

I have a couple tickets that I won't be using. want them? gotta come pick them up in south Calgary though.

flipstah
03-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Cool show this year. Malibu is surprisingly awesome. And the Cadillac CT6 is baller.

Cos
03-11-2016, 10:30 AM

schocker
03-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Cool show this year. Malibu is surprisingly awesome. And the Cadillac CT6 is baller.
Malibu was such a plastic pos though, i definately didn't feel it was maybe a lexus or bmw :rofl:

My thoughts:
Sit in the car for a few minutes and GTFO!!!!!

Miata - I liked this a lot, windshield is super close to the wheel though. Nice and low, seems like it would be very fun to drive. Would have been nice if the Fiat 124 was available to sit in.

New A4 - Interior is night and day compared to the B8. I liked this a lot. Weird plastic trim around the shifter on the console though was offputting. Kind of felt as driver focused as a GTI but this was loaded up to $60k so it is a tad misleading.

C Class - Amazing as always. C450 was nice but obviously only a one year model again. Not sure if I loved the seats though. C300 seems very adequate and the C63 was great. GLC coupe is on a pedestal so that your throw up does not reach the vehicle itself :rofl:

Focus RS and GT350 were very cool in person but unfortunately locked

GSF was :drool: :drool: though. Looks up front are kind of shit, but overall as a package, the car is great. Interior was amazing and so much room for activities.

NSX was there loaded up with all the carbon fiber bits and ceramic breaks. Can't wait to see these on the road.

Cos
03-11-2016, 11:09 AM

Xtrema
03-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by schocker

Miata - I liked this a lot, windshield is super close to the wheel though. Nice and low, seems like it would be very fun to drive. Would have been nice if the Fiat 124 was available to sit in.

New A4 - Interior is night and day compared to the B8. I liked this a lot. Weird plastic trim around the shifter on the console though was offputting. Kind of felt as driver focused as a GTI but this was loaded up to $60k so it is a tad misleading.

C Class - Amazing as always. C450 was nice but obviously only a one year model again. Not sure if I loved the seats though. C300 seems very adequate and the C63 was great. GLC coupe is on a pedestal so that your throw up does not reach the vehicle itself :rofl:

Miata - love it. Basic and simple. Really hope Mazda will slap a turbo in it. If they do, I really won't mind having one as summer car.

B9 A4 - It's fine if C class (and almost everyone else, even Kia) didn't improve so much in the interior front. Love the switches but the plastic quality just not great wherever eyes can see.

C450 - No idea that C450 can be fitted with AMG performance seat. I was all for those seats in pictures but now I'm not sure after some seat time. Still wish Designo seat options is available in Canada but will see what the C43 change will bring along.

BMW, I just can't get into that interior quality. Hate to say it, Audi has stoop to BMW level now. Quite sad to see.

Lexus, great products although other than RX, everything is carried over from last year.

NSX is nice. But for $250K, I'm walking over to Lambo to buy a Huracan and still money left over for 3 years of maintenance. (Lambo listed it as $220K, unless that's in US dollars, seems cheap).

GM, Camaro is a giant step forward from last one. I am loving the CTS-V. But the Volt is a giant disappointment again. I know the power train is expensive but who would pay $40K for a Chevy Sonic quality interior?

Honda Civic, very nice for a $20K car. Can't wait for Si or hatch.

Mitsubishi, why bother?

Koreans, only new Kia Sportage caught my eye, looks like a budget Macan.

tehwegz
03-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Just sit in a Focus ST if they have, same interior as an RS - minus some really cool buttons, performance data display, RS logos of course...Recaro's are the same just has the blue RS logo, maybe more adjustability to them.

They might even have the ST with the carbon fiber package (door trim and shift knob, gauge face, bezels, etc.) those are nice.

78si
03-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Is the new honda ridgeline there? Any TRD pro trucks?:)

Maxt
03-12-2016, 06:40 PM
I had a good talk about Vipers with a guy from FCA.. :dunno:

Xtrema
03-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 78si
Is the new honda ridgeline there? Any TRD pro trucks?:)

Ridgeline is on a pedestal, no access.

Not sure about TRD, wasn't looking around much at Toyota.

nicknolte
03-12-2016, 07:06 PM

I thought a lot of them are just hired on a short term contract locally
Probably depends on the manufacturer. Mazda sends their dealers to the show, or at least did until last year.

The new Pacifica looks really slick for a minivan, but that price though... :banghead: :thumbsdow

Sugarphreak
03-12-2016, 07:16 PM

Xtrema
03-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by nicknolte
The new Pacifica looks really slick for a minivan, but that price though... :banghead: :thumbsdow

I thought it starts around $30K to $33K just like Sienna and Odessey.

Do you still expect a $22K Caravan price?

A2VR6
03-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 78si
Any TRD pro trucks?:)

Yep they have a white Tundra TRD Pro off in the corner.

rage2
03-12-2016, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I thought it starts around $30K to $33K just like Sienna and Odessey.

Do you still expect a $22K Caravan price?
That's in the US. In Canada it starts at $45k for the base model. :rofl:

Unless there are massive incentives like with the T&C, it's going to be a huge failure here.

Originally posted by Maxt
I had a good talk about Vipers with a guy from FCA.. :dunno:
Good to hear that they're taking this show more seriously this year, manufacturer reps, cars that aren't on sale yet. Seriously, it was a sales show before, with dealers bringing in their inventory lol.

Buster
03-12-2016, 08:53 PM
I'm less and less interested every year.

When all the good cars are behind ropes, what's the point? I'm past the point in my life where I am going to go and stare and dream. I'd be going to shop.

Ridgeline behind ropes? lol.

(And I kinda want a ridgeline, actually.)

Xtrema
03-12-2016, 09:07 PM

That's in the US. In Canada it starts at $45k for the base model. :rofl:

Unless there are massive incentives like with the T&C, it's going to be a huge failure here.

WTF? :eek:

Ok, never read up on it, I thought Caravan was a gonner but looks like it's still going to survive to cover the low end starting at $29K.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/new-chrysler-pacifica-to-be-priced-at-43-995-can-1.3485060

This makes a $43K Pacifica making more sense.

Originally posted by Buster
When all the good cars are behind ropes, what's the point? I'm past the point in my life where I am going to go and stare and dream. I'd be going to shop.

I don't think I want anything over $150K open to public unless cars comes from manufacturer.

Auto show cars takes quite a bit of wear. One of the Caddy's white seat already turned blue already from all the cheap ass jeans doing the auto show circuit.

Both Ridgeline and CX-9 being on pedestal is acceptable since they are both not production copies.

relyt92
03-12-2016, 11:03 PM
There wasn't too much there that really grabbed my attention, but the Volvo V60 Polestar wagon that was there was just excellent.

r3ccOs
03-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by relyt92
There wasn't too much there that really grabbed my attention, but the Volvo V60 Polestar wagon that was there was just excellent.

is the new S90 there?

those new Volvos are Hot... sure I'm bias'd but honestly if you want a "good" if not the most reliable vehicle with the top end fit and finishes

volvo is it

Redlined_8000
03-13-2016, 02:09 PM
So did anyone else notice the CLA45 smelt like dog food? Super weird. Smelt like that on Friday when I went also.

JohnnyHockey
03-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Our dog food smells like fart so that's what you could be smelling. ..

JohnnyHockey
03-13-2016, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

is the new S90 there?

those new Volvos are Hot... sure I'm bias'd but honestly if you want a "good" if not the most reliable vehicle with the top end fit and finishes

volvo is it

Of all the vehicles there, only one I really liked that had the combination of power, nice interior, nice exterior, non-pretentious, and was actually practical. ..the XC60. I mean those MB and BMWs have it too but sorry to say, those brands just scream " dickhead"and those Lonestar Mercedes commercials don't help either.

Jonathanl10
03-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Don't understand why some Porsche's are locked like they are every year. Okay, I get your 911 Turbo S or Panamera Electric may be locked but your $65,000 Macan? Come on, people can actually afford those.

cyra1ax
03-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by relyt92

Agreed...I can't wait to see what Volvo has in store with the V60/S60 refresh. Totally thought the Polestar was a limited edition and sold out though.

Darkane
03-13-2016, 03:10 PM
XC90 had me most impressed.

Loved the CLS interior but it's just to sloped on the roof line for my height.

GSF felt almost perfect for seating position, quality etc.

R8 had me over the NSX by quite a bit.

Focus RS was just meh

Golf R was good.

Mazda 6 was cool

C63S was cool

What else.. Oh CR-Z had an amazing amount of interior space. Blew me away, need a 1.5T Si version.

heavyD
03-13-2016, 04:47 PM
Man the M2 in person looks a bit odd from some angles. The rear fenders looked like they were pulled out via aftermarket. Lexus and MB were the only manufacturers that had what I would call premium interiors but some of the MB's have LCD displays that are laughably small. I actually thought the ATS-V looked pretty sharp but the interior is kind of a letdown compared to the exterior.

corsvette
03-13-2016, 05:51 PM
Loved the massaging seats in the CT6 Cadillac. New Super Duty is ugly in person. NSX is beautiful. Subarus have the cheapest interiors going. The entire Range/Land Rover line impressed me. Way too crowded as usual......

Sugarphreak
03-14-2016, 08:42 AM

Cos
03-14-2016, 08:54 AM

Hallowed_point
03-14-2016, 08:59 AM
We went on Friday afternoon. My favorite car in terms of appearance was the NSX by far. Such a striking car in person from the wheels to the blue paint. The new CTS-V is really nice. I want a Trailhawk. What is with Jeep and the ugly green paint codes? Same goes for the barney purple nissan versa. The interiors on some of the entry level BMW's are really not so hot for the money.

01RedDX
03-14-2016, 09:05 AM

dirtsniffer
03-14-2016, 09:09 AM
anyone else digging the challengers? or just me? that blue scat pack was mmmhmmmm

also liked the paint on the focus RS and was suprised to see the same black paint on a $100k caddy thats on my $40k silverado lol.

Also kind of ironic to see cadillac with it's own both. cause everytime you go to the dealer to buy or service a caddy you are dealing with the same slack jawed mouth breathers that would be pawing over the cars at the chevy booth.

Sugarphreak
03-14-2016, 09:11 AM

Hallowed_point
03-14-2016, 09:16 AM
They were gorgeous in person, such great looking cars

The only thing I didn't like was the height of the windows restricts outward visibility horribly, I could touch the top with my thumb and bottom sill with my pinky... so chopped, lol.

Looked amazing, still way too portly and I couldn't imagine driving one. Same goes for the new Camaro, much the same.

georgemagana
03-14-2016, 09:30 AM
M3= Had like 3 different kinds of CF. The engine bay, interior and roof were all different weave ? Loved everything else.

M2= Simply amazing.

CLA line= Huge surprise to the wife and me. Loved evrything about the car.

C class= Worse seating position in the entire show :( Love the exterior tho!

RS= It looks like a toy car. The interior is :barf: I was super excited to see it but I just couldnt take the car seriously for some reason :(

Evora 400= :love:

C7= :barf: Couldn't handle the base interior without the CF upgraded.

Civic= Loved the new design !

Miata= LOVED this car. Everything about it.

n1zm0
03-14-2016, 09:51 AM
Out of all the cars I checked out I found the CTS, V60 Polestar wagon, Miata and the Jaguar XE(I had no idea they sold a Turbo diesel version here) to be the most interesting to me, maybe because they're all different than what I'm usually checking out at the car show.

Tried to convince my near-retirement father to get a Fiesta ST now that he has no need for a large family oriented vehicle, also so I can borrow it on the weekends :rofl:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-14-2016, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Cos
I think it was TwinCamTurbo who said it looks like the rear end of the M2 is eating the front bumper of a Porsche. What is seen cannot be unseen.

Haha yes that was me. To me it looks like it's trying to squeeze out a 911 rearward first.

I'm dreaming of one. If I'm careful with my money, maybe in a year or two I can afford one.

Mitsu3000gt
03-14-2016, 10:44 AM
Went there from open-close on the weekend, looked at pretty well everything in detail. Some random thoughts:

Volvo XC90 impressed me, and had probably the best sound system at the show that I was able to try out anyway (B&W). No doubt it's going to be successful again. Loved the Polestar as well.

Pacifica looks pretty good for a van but that price :eek:

A Chrysler 200C with V6 and AWD is $40K lol

The new Ford Edge had a surprisingly decent interior but I wasn't seeing over $50K in value. Wanted to check out the 2017 Fusion as well but it was locked. AWD and the TT V6 is a nice combo in the segment.

The Ford F150 Platinum ($72,000) had one of the worst interiors at the entire show - I could almost fit my finger in some gaps, compartments felt like they would break when opened or closed, etc. No wonder they throw those enormous discounts around. I guess it's all about towing capacity and things like that.

Lexus GSF was nice but I thought $95K was a bit too much. Doors felt like they were right off a Camry, super cheap and rattled when you closed them (same on the RX350). Loved the RCF in person, I'm starting to see a lot of them on the roads as well.

MB fixed the C-class door, you can no longer push the wooden trim into the door about a half inch with minimal effort. Didn't like the vertical-push buttons on the center stack either but one of my favorite cars at the show I think overall.

New A4 has a better interior than last version, it looks plain on the outside though - needs the S/RS treatment pretty bad.

The R8 was OK but it was overshadowed by the NSX and Huracan's next door IMHO. It also created a huge blob of traffic right at the entrance to the second building haha.

Q7 is overpriced at $100K with a V6 IMHO. I think you can get the TTV8 in a similarly priced X5 or MLC.

Cadillac still hasn't improved the interior on the ATS, and it still has that god awful Fisher Price piano black center stack. CTS is put together much better IMO but I can't get over how bad it looks from the outside (to me).

The CT6 at the show was over $100K - seemed overpriced. Looks a lot better than the XTS though. Probably a good deal 2-3 years from now when it takes a ~50% hit. Lots of kids loving the Blose audio and washed out screens though.

Hyundai Genesis was shockingly nice. Seemed put together as nice as any of the Germans. Lots of car for the dollar. Probably a hell of a deal on the used market as well because so many people are still afraid of Hyundai's.

Was not impressed by the Elantra - I had it in my head they were nicer. Only motor option is an under-powered 147HP 2.0L and the interior was quite poor. Top end model was $30K. Going to be a hard sell over the 1.5T Civic I think.

New Civic was decent but the steering wheel controls were some of the cheapest garbage I have ever seen on a vehicle. I bet that is something they revise for MY2018. Curious how that 1.5T feels though, obviously it's going to sell incredibly well being a Honda.

Still can't believe how much room is in the Fit and HRV haha. And they comfortably seat 4 adults. Just need that 1.5T in the Fit, hopefully next year.

BMW has improved their interiors a good amount from previous years, they got pretty damn lazy 2-3 years back.

The Jaguar F-Type doors felt like they were going to fall apart when I closed them, reminded me of a Corvette. I don't think that would turn off many buyers though, given the segment.

The Golf R was probably the most attractive reasonably priced car at the show to me. I wish they would have done the rear seating area nicer though, they ditched the soft touch door sills for cheap feeling plastic.

Probably more that I'm forgetting, just my opinions from this year. Tons of nice stuff despite minor complaints, I wish I was shopping for a new car right now.

dirtsniffer
03-14-2016, 11:13 AM
Did anyone else notice the tear in the leather seat in the F150 King Ranch? It looked like it was 1/16" thick bonded leather and shit quality.

I thought the king ranch benefit was the use of full or top grain leather?

Edit. Looking online it appears that they switched to bonded leather based on the perforations in the seats. what a useless trim package now.. :nut:

heavyD
03-14-2016, 11:56 AM

Haha yes that was me. To me it looks like it's trying to squeeze out a 911 rearward first.

I'm dreaming of one. If I'm careful with my money, maybe in a year or two I can afford one.

I was told all the M2 allocation has been sold.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Edit. Looking online it appears that they switched to bonded leather based on the perforations in the seats. what a useless trim package now.. :nut:

Not a leather expert, but perforated seats indicate to me it has the air conditioned seats, not necessarily bonded leather.

Sugarphreak
03-14-2016, 12:19 PM

ExtraSlow
03-14-2016, 12:26 PM
The original King Ranch leather was actual saddle leather, now it's just the same cheap leather as the other trim packages, just with a different dye job.

dirtsniffer
03-14-2016, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Not a leather expert, but perforated seats indicate to me it has the air conditioned seats, not necessarily bonded leather.

It would be really difficult to perforate full or top grain leathers in a pattern like that.

mr2mike
03-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
The original King Ranch leather was actual saddle leather, now it's just the same cheap leather as the other trim packages, just with a different dye job.

Ford cheaping out? You don't say...

killramos
03-14-2016, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I was told all the M2 allocation has been sold.

For 2016 maybe.

Its a regular production model. They are making as many as they can sell.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-14-2016, 08:16 PM

For 2016 maybe.

Its a regular production model. They are making as many as they can sell.

We were told there were plenty of allocations for 2016 but who knows *shrug*

relyt92
03-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
We went on Friday afternoon. My favorite car in terms of appearance was the NSX by far. Such a striking car in person from the wheels to the blue paint. Love the looks, love the colour. At ~$200k or whatever it is though there sure were a lot of issues with the paint.

Hallowed_point
03-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Also agree on the new Genesis coupe. The shifter felt much nicer and the stock seats were well bolstered. It looks like Hyundai have addressed some of the issues with the earlier GC.

relyt92
03-14-2016, 09:10 PM
If Hyundai can get the reliability down, the Genesis line will do great. Both my Genesis sedan and coupe were great cars with great features, and they were both lemony hunks of shit. Great cars when everything worked though.

jdmXSI
03-14-2016, 11:01 PM
I spent days there and I can't get over the fact the NSX was 250k :nut: just imagine pulling up to a meet with your friends who have Ferrari's, Mclarens and Lamborghini's in a Honda?

speedog
03-14-2016, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
I spent days there and I can't get over the fact the NSX was 250k :nut: just imagine pulling up to a meet with your friends who have Ferrari's, Mclarens and Lamborghini's in a Honda?

C'mon, don't you know IT'S NOT A HONDA.

Hallowed_point
03-15-2016, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
I spent days there and I can't get over the fact the NSX was 250k :nut: just imagine pulling up to a meet with your friends who have Ferrari's, Mclarens and Lamborghini's in a Honda? I agree...I was a little sticker shocked. I was expected around 160-180 ish. :eek:

LOLzilla
03-15-2016, 11:50 AM
- +1 to the user who mentioned the Lexus GSF and Volvo XC90. I found both of those cars to be leading examples in great interiors for under $100k.
- It was disappointing that the GT350 was locked.
- The Miata looks like a blast.
- I really dug the dark purple Viper and the red Hellcat Challenger.
- Porsche dropped the ball by not bringing a 918.
- The Q60 looks great.

heavyD
03-15-2016, 11:57 AM
I agree that the grey Miata looked nice but I couldn't get past the plain black rotary HVAC dials that look like they came out of an old Mazda 2 in a $40k+ car.