PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Renewal Reminder - Discontinued

Pages : [1] 2

dannie
03-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Friendly heads up to all of beyond today. The AB Gov has discontinued the renewal notices you get in the mail to remind you to renew your drivers licence or licence plate. The following is the press release issued today.

Additionally, I'm including a link to service alberta that will tell you what month your plate will expire.

http://www.servicealberta.ca/registration-expiry-date-chart.cfm

Alberta modernizing renewal reminders

Government will save taxpayers $3 million a year by switching to electronic reminders for registration, licence and identification card renewals.

Access to modern, free registration and licence renewal reminder tools has made the mailing of government reminders a dated practice and an unnecessary expense to Albertans that will stop in April 2016.

“During these tough economic times, it’s particularly important for government to find smart ways to save taxpayers’ money. Moving from printed to electronic notices will save Alberta taxpayers more than $3 million a year while providing more modern and convenient reminder options for drivers.”

- Danielle Larivee, Acting Minister of Service Alberta

Albertans with disabilities will continue to receive their reminders in the mail. Seniors over the age of 70 will continue to receive mailed reminders until April 1, 2017.

The Government of Alberta will be undertaking a public awareness campaign to inform drivers of this change. In addition, registry agents are expected to take a proactive role in reminding drivers when their licence and registration need to be renewed.

Setting up a free reminder is easy

There are three simple ways for Albertans to be reminded when it is time to renew:
1.Visit your local registry agent and sign up for an email reminder.
2.Sign up online to receive a reminder from one of the following: a.E-registry (Vehicle Registration and Driver’s Licence)
b.Alberta Motor Association (Vehicle Registration)
c.MyAlberta (Available April 1, 2016)

3.Check your licence plate or vehicle registration and mark the date in your calendar.

“AMA has been reminding our members about upcoming vehicle renewals for years, electronically and in the pages of our member magazine. We’re committed to making our members’ lives a little easier through our e-reminder services, and also being able to handle their renewals online and in our centres.”

- Don Smitten, President & CEO, Alberta Motor Association

Pre-printed forms aren’t required to renew

Drivers can renew their vehicle registrations at any Alberta registry agent office or online.

“Visit e-registry.ca to renew your vehicle registration, sign up for e-reminders for your registration and drivers licence renewals or even pay your traffic fines online.”

- Robyn Young, President, Association of Alberta Registry Agents

killramos
03-02-2016, 02:31 PM
So instead of relying on oil revenue, the NDP is going to rely on fining people who's plates and licenses expire :nut:

This is going to be a disaster.

Skyline_Addict
03-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks for posting. I fully support this initiative.

shakalaka
03-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am good till January, but this will be important for people to remember.

The_Penguin
03-02-2016, 03:14 PM
I just renewed last week and the Registry took my email and registered me for reminders.
It came with a free Carproof report (whoopie).

dannie
03-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by The_Penguin
I just renewed last week and the Registry took my email and registered me for reminders.
It came with a free Carproof report (whoopie).

My staff and myself have had minimal luck with the e-reminder system. You'll want to make sure you keep your renewal month in mind anyways.

EK 2.0
03-02-2016, 03:19 PM
So....no more letters huh??...

Man just one more thing that this old brain has to remember now hahaha...

nismodrifter
03-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dannie, my wife visited your location last week for her renewal + drivers license, excellent service as usual :thumbsup:

dannie
03-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
So....no more letters huh??...

Man just one more thing that this old brain has to remember now hahaha...

I'll remind you personally buddy :love:

ps: you were due in Jan. You're welcome

dannie
03-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Thanks for the heads up Dannie, my wife visited your location last week for her renewal + drivers license, excellent service as usual :thumbsup:

I'll pass that on to my staff, thanks :)

EK 2.0
03-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by dannie

I'll remind you personally buddy :love:

ps: you were due in Jan. You're welcome

Thanks!!....you're always looking out for me!!

My_name_is_Rob
03-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Swank
03-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Thanks indeed! I too foresee this getting messy for those who don't use the internet or the email. You know, the ones who take the Deerfoot to the Co-op :D

firebane
03-02-2016, 04:41 PM
"*By checking this box, I agree to receive periodic communication via email and/or text message in accordance with my subscription preferences."

Uh .. wtf.

No I do not want your junk.

Rat Fink
03-02-2016, 04:55 PM

Kloubek
03-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Echoing the thanks. I watch the news regularly, but I imagine there will be a ton of people who will have no idea this change has been made.

I do support it though. It's a minor money saving initiative, but it was a program that needed updating. I receive everything else VIA electronic, so why not this.

Canmorite
03-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Totally support it, as long as people are notified. Easy to check when your registration expires too.

Sugarphreak
03-02-2016, 06:56 PM

Thaco
03-02-2016, 06:57 PM
i wish they'd do something useful like not require us to go to the registries to renew, those places are always crowded, slow, rude, etc... i dread going there.

dannie
03-02-2016, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
i wish they'd do something useful like not require us to go to the registries to renew, those places are always crowded, slow, rude, etc... i dread going there.

Vehicle renewals can be done online. It's been an option for a number of years now. Save the hassle and go that route for your next plate renewal

Sugarphreak
03-02-2016, 07:03 PM

Thaco
03-02-2016, 07:09 PM
that is good news, but the whole process is still a waste of time/effort, even having the stickers mailed to you is an unnecessary cost... they dont enforce stickers anyway, and even if they do give you a ticket it'll be thrown out when you prove it was legit... so why not just have it in the police service's, magical computer system and do away with stickers? also then i can have yet another monthly bill (as opposed to yearly)

dannie
03-02-2016, 07:13 PM
that is good news, but the whole process is still a waste of time/effort, even having the stickers mailed to you is an unnecessary cost... they dont enforce stickers anyway, and even if they do give you a ticket it'll be thrown out when you prove it was legit... so why not just have it in the police service's, magical computer system and do away with stickers? also then i can have yet another monthly bill (as opposed to yearly)

Without getting into too much detail, something along those lines is being discussed. The problem lies within multiple organizations not wanting to play nice with each other.

Thaco
03-02-2016, 07:21 PM

Without getting into too much detail, something along those lines is being discussed. The problem lies within multiple organizations not wanting to play nice with each other. good to hear, tell them to git er done stat

firebane
03-02-2016, 07:22 PM

Vehicle renewals can be done online. It's been an option for a number of years now. Save the hassle and go that route for your next plate renewal

Except you get dinged a fee for doing renewals online just the same as you get dinged a fee if you want to pay tickets online.

Seth1968
03-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
I'm glad it's gone if it means saving that much money. I'm not sure why anybody needs a mail reminder. Your registration expires on the same month every year. It should never be a surprise. You have a reminder letter screwed to the back of your car that you drive every day.

You would think so, but no.

Above and beyond that, why do we even have to register our vehicles every year and pay for it?

Oh wait...

dannie
03-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by firebane

Except you get dinged a fee for doing renewals online just the same as you get dinged a fee if you want to pay tickets online.

Tickets, yes. The fee is $6 per ticket. Vehicle renewals don't have an additional fee. It's just the amount that is printed on your renewal form.

D'z Nutz
03-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

+1 for dannie and the friendly people at Shawnessy Licence & Registry! She hooked me up and took care of me when I was in a last minute bind. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by firebane

Yeah I was going to renew my plates online last year and I saw the service fee. Screw that.

dannie
03-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Yeah I was going to renew my plates online last year and I saw the service fee. Screw that.

I just looked at a clients receipt for paying vehicles online from feb 26/2016 and its not showing a fee at all..... :dunno:

Edit: Triple checked. The info is misleading to the public. On your renewal form, a general motor vehicle has a registration renewal price of $84.45. $75 is government funds, $9 goes to the registry and GST is $0.45. When you walk into a registry, you would pay the full $84.45. When you pay online, its the same amount. They simply break it down and say you'll be paying that same $9 that you would be paying anyways.

http://www.e-registry.ca/faq/faq.html#faqrise

D'z Nutz
03-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the clarification dannie!

Thaco
03-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Oh dannie is from shawnessy registry, unfortunately that place is the #1 reason i hate registries...

Made me waste an entire day, and almost cost me $250 just because someone there thought it was inconvenient to perform a simple courtesy.

BokCh0y
03-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the info Dannie, this is great :thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
03-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the public announcement dannie. At least it'll cut down paper use for sure as families often have multi vehicles, some of those info slips are repetitive.

Cos
03-03-2016, 08:20 AM

Masked Bandit
03-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the heads up dannie!

carson blocks
03-03-2016, 12:39 PM
they dont enforce stickers anyway

Up here in Airdrie, they sure do. The first couple days of every month, the bylaw losers will be sitting on the East side service road ramp keeping us all safe from the massive hazard that people with day-old expired stickers pose to the general public.

know1edge
03-03-2016, 01:02 PM

adam c
03-03-2016, 01:38 PM
If you don't get the vehicle renewal notice through the mail how are you supposed to renew it online when it asks for the information

https://registries.gov.ab.ca/spears/script/asp/InitializeVehicleRenewal.asp

Vehicle Renewal Information Help

You must complete all fields

Bar Code Number
-
-

Registration Number R

The address printed on your renewal notice is current?

A790
03-03-2016, 01:50 PM
I feel like the government is just trying to be sneaky and catch some oblivious people so they can fine the shit out of them?

dannie
03-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by adam c
If you don't get the vehicle renewal notice through the mail how are you supposed to renew it online when it asks for the information

https://registries.gov.ab.ca/spears/script/asp/InitializeVehicleRenewal.asp

Vehicle Renewal Information Help

You must complete all fields

Bar Code Number
-
-

Registration Number R

The address printed on your renewal notice is current?

Registries were made aware of the change hours before the press release was posted. The group in charge of the renewal portal is working on adapting the system. From what we're told, the general public will receive all the notices that are printed already (which should be renewals for march, april and may). That gives sufficient time for that group to address the change.

**edit - the apparent change is that you will only need the plate number and registration number for future online renewals of vehicles

Stuart
03-03-2016, 03:49 PM
This does seem like it's creating one less way of catching people without insurance. Also, with the online registration do they still mail out your slip and sticker?

dannie
03-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Stuart
This does seem like it's creating one less way of catching people without insurance. Also, with the online registration do they still mail out your slip and sticker?

Yes they do

Masked Bandit
03-03-2016, 05:09 PM

Yes they do

Wait a minute, how is this saving mailing costs then?

Currently I get a renewal notice in the mail, I walk into Shawnessy Registry, pay and walk out with my stickers and fresh papers.

Now, I get an email, renew online and they MAIL me my stickers and fresh papers.

They're still buying one stamp per customer. Except before I could walk in the last day of the month and walk out with stickers in hand. Now if I do it online I have to A) make sure I'm at least a week early and B) hope to God that Canada Post doesn't lose my mail.

:dunno:

M.alex
03-03-2016, 05:12 PM
this is retarded; bring back the old system.

dannie
03-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Currently I get a renewal notice in the mail, I walk into Shawnessy Registry, pay and walk out with my stickers and fresh papers.

Now, I get an email, renew online and they MAIL me my stickers and fresh papers.

They're still buying one stamp per customer. Except before I could walk in the last day of the month and walk out with stickers in hand. Now if I do it online I have to A) make sure I'm at least a week early and B) hope to God that Canada Post doesn't lose my mail.

Short version - the mail out of anything you do online isn't paid by the government. It's paid by registry agents. So, by doing the online route, the government isn't spending a dime. We as private businesses are eating that cost. I'm in the office next week Bill, if you feel inclined to bring me a coffee and chat about it to get the long version lol :thumbsup:

blownz
03-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Maybe every registry location can now lay off 1 person since they won't have as many people coming in each month...think of the savings...

Thaco
03-03-2016, 07:37 PM

they're mailing you the renewal reminder either way right now, if you do it online they're mailing you twice

ipeefreely
03-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Why are so many people confused! :rofl:

Both your plate and drivers license tells you when you have to renew... it's not black magic or something!!! :nut:

Check the date, do it online a month ahead (to account for mailing, fuck ups) or go to the Registry like normal! :thumbsup:

They're not closing the Registries Bill! haha :D

dezmarez
05-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Brother got nailed with a ticket this morning because he forgot to register in April.
He posted it on Facebook to remind people, and two people commented they were issued tickets today as they forgot.

The government plan is working!

Rat Fink
05-02-2016, 01:50 PM

dirtsniffer
05-02-2016, 01:52 PM
If only they would introduce some system where you had to renew at the same time each year..

Mitsu3000gt
05-02-2016, 01:55 PM
I think this is way better, I am much more likely to notice an email than a piece of mail that is easily lost anyway. It's not hard to keep track of your plate expiry, most people walk by it every day. I don't care about their mailing costs and whatnot, I personally just much prefer to receive an email than an actual piece of mail just to remind me.

dezmarez
05-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
If only they would introduce some system where you had to renew at the same time each year..

Lol this is exactly what I said to him as well.
It's just funny that others mentioned that this was likely to happen, and I saw it first hand.

jwslam
05-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Originally posted by dezmarez
Lol this is exactly what I said to him as well.
It's just funny that others mentioned that this was likely to happen, and I saw it first hand.
If only someone invented devices that could remind you of reoccuring dates.

killramos
05-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I think this is way better, I am much more likely to notice an email than a piece of mail that is easily lost anyway. It's not hard to keep track of your plate expiry, most people walk by it every day. I don't care about their mailing costs and whatnot, I personally just much prefer to receive an email than an actual piece of mail just to remind me.

Yea they don't actually send you an email either.

Some registries might but that's a service that they choose to offer and you need to sign up for.

Hallowed_point
05-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
I'm glad it's gone if it means saving that much money. I'm not sure why anybody needs a mail reminder. Your registration expires on the same month every year. It should never be a surprise. You have a reminder letter screwed to the back of your car that you drive every day.

:clap:

Mitsu3000gt
05-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by killramos

Yea they don't actually send you an email either.

Some registries might but that's a service that they choose to offer and you need to sign up for.

Obviously you would have to sign up for it, but it's free is it not?

Mine's been in June for as long as I can remember, I have an ongoing reminder in my calendar anyway which is just as good.

dannie
05-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Obviously you would have to sign up for it, but it's free is it not?

Mine's been in June for as long as I can remember, I have an ongoing reminder in my calendar anyway which is just as good.

It is free, but it's a shitty system. You didn't hear it from me, but don't rely on it.

That being said, for the rest of you, here's the chart. Your licence plate expires according to the first letter of your last name, or if you are a company, the first letter of the company name.

Initial Month

A January
AV July
B March
BE July
C May
CL June
D April
E August
F September
G April
GR August
H June
I January
J January
K November
KE January
L July
M February
ME December
N May
O December
P November
PO September
Q February
R August
S October
SC June
SZ July
T September
U January
V July
W December
X January
Y March
Z July

Sugarphreak
05-02-2016, 10:03 PM

ExtraSlow
05-03-2016, 07:05 AM
Sugar, you never noticed that every car in the household has the same expiry month?

M.alex
05-03-2016, 09:59 AM
[B]

That being said, for the rest of you, here's the chart. Your licence plate expires according to the first letter of your last name,

This suspiciously sounds like a FOIP violation - who do I sue?

dannie
05-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

This suspiciously sounds like a FOIP violation - who do I sue?

AMA :rofl:

azian.advanced
05-04-2016, 08:35 PM
just got a $310 fine yesterday. whoopee!
I wish they sent out one last piece of mail to inform people about this change.

speedog
05-04-2016, 10:05 PM

AMA :rofl:

AMA, a private business?

Back on track, these same people that are all upset about no reminder are probably not happy because the toilet paper manufacturers don't send them reminders as to when to take a shit.

Christ, mine has been December as long as I can remember, probably has always been December as I don't believe they've ever changed that and people have difficulty remembering that?

jwslam
05-05-2016, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by speedog
These same people that are all upset about no reminder are probably not happy because the toilet paper manufacturers don't send them reminders as to when to take a shit.
They probably also get pissy when a friend forgets their birthday.

Homerrca
05-05-2016, 07:39 AM
It would be nice to just get rid of the sticker so you could renew your registration online. I understand that an officer can see the tag but wouldn't be just as easy to enter in the plate number to see if it has valid registration.

This could resolve the issue when folks are stealing the stickers off registered vehicles so they can attach them to theirs.

While I don't have an issue with not receiving a notification that my plates are going to expire (its the same month each year), it could impact new drivers who are not used to it.. That and folks who forget a lot.

FraserB
05-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by azian.advanced
just got a $310 fine yesterday. whoopee!
I wish they sent out one last piece of mail to inform people about this change.

Your reminder is stuck to the back of your vehicle and thebfenewal month has been the same since you started driving

Stuart
05-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

Your reminder is stuck to the back of your vehicle and thebfenewal month has been the same since you started driving

The issue is they have provided a reminder every year for decades and then changed the system without proper notice. I agree that going forward it will be just fine but notice should be given. Would you be happy getting a speeding ticket if they suddenly popped up a 80 sign on Deerfoot with no other notice?

EK 2.0
05-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Homerrca
It would be nice to just get rid of the sticker so you could renew your registration online. I understand that an officer can see the tag but wouldn't be just as easy to enter in the plate number to see if it has valid registration.

I LOVE this idea....plus then the plates stay cleaner haha....

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-05-2016, 10:25 AM

The issue is they have provided a reminder every year for decades and then changed the system without proper notice. I agree that going forward it will be just fine but notice should be given. Would you be happy getting a speeding ticket if they suddenly popped up a 80 sign on Deerfoot with no other notice?

It's up to the driver to be aware.

Lack of knowledge has never been a valid excuse. I've also never used the reminder. I always renew earlier than the month of.

Stuart
05-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

It's up to the driver to be aware.

Lack of knowledge has never been a valid excuse. I've also never used the reminder. I always renew earlier than the month of.

But the government is requiring people to be aware of something that they previously did not have to be aware of. Common courtesy would be to tell people they are making a change.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-05-2016, 10:55 AM
People weren't aware they needed to renew their registration at the exact same time, every single year, even through they're ideally informed when getting their license, or buying the plate in the first place?

Stuart
05-05-2016, 11:22 AM
They are accustom to a system that sends them all the required paperwork every year for decades. In that scenario there is no need to remember when things happen as it was an accepted fact that you would get it the next year at the required time. I'm not saying you have to remind them every year from now on, just the first time you change. Just send a short "you are on your own now" and be done with it.

n1zm0
05-05-2016, 11:33 AM
After years and years of car ownership, how does one not recognize that your sticker month is always the same, no matter how many cars or license plates you get, it never changes ever. I mean I had no idea up until a few years ago it was chosen as per the first letter of your last name, but it always has said MAY on my plates since I was 16. :dunno:

Stuart
05-05-2016, 12:06 PM
If you are accustom to a reminder there is no need to even think about the renewal date. Do you think 100% of people would wake up on time if the alarm didn't go off, even though they wake at the same time every day? You get to trust the system in place and should be notified if they are changing it. If you don't see what I am getting at I have a feeling you are intentionally missing the point.

Sugarphreak
05-05-2016, 01:07 PM

ExtraSlow
05-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Thank god you are good looking, you'd never make it on your brains.

blownz
05-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Tip for everyone:

You can pay for 2 years registration at a time.

I do this all the time. You save ~$8 per vehicle, but more important then that you only have to waste your time at the registry every second year. And if you are the type of person that likes to leave your tickets unpaid until you renew your registration, it buys you more time. lol :thumbsup:

*edit* Another positive if you are anal like me, you will only have the year sticker on one side of your plate (since the location alternates sides each year) so the plate looks cleaner. :bigpimp:

jwslam
05-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by blownz
Tip for everyone:

You can pay for 2 years registration at a time.

I do this all the time. You save ~$8 per vehicle, but more important then that you only have to waste your time at the registry every second year. And if you are the type of person that likes to leave your tickets unpaid until you renew your registration, it buys you more time. lol :thumbsup:

*edit* Another positive if you are anal like me, you will only have the year sticker on one side of your plate (since the location alternates sides each year) so the plate looks cleaner. :bigpimp:
I eff'ed up when I bought a car this year and now my 2 plates are on opposite years.
At some point they swapped the odd and even sides. Fairly sure. I remember having even years on both left and right at one point.

Seth1968
05-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

You would think so, but no.

Above and beyond that, why do we even have to register our vehicles every year and pay for it?

Oh wait...

No reply to this, because we're being bent over by elitist politicians who can vote themselves a raise, and have a seemingly unaccountable expense account.

But hey, if you don't like it, then move to another country :rofl:

phreezee
06-01-2016, 08:51 AM
June 1st bump. Got my $310 ticket today :rofl:

EDIT: Thanks NDP! :D

adam c
06-01-2016, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by phreezee
June 1st bump. Got my $310 ticket today :rofl:

EDIT: Thanks NDP! :D

Shit... That was the cost to renew my wife's and my 2 cars for 2 years, no need to worry about it next year for us

carson blocks
06-01-2016, 09:23 AM
These ticket costs are getting out of hand, it wasn't that long ago it was $57 or $75 for that. $310 for such a nonsense violation is a little excessive IMO.

rage2
06-01-2016, 09:28 AM
I got one too over the weekend. Actually, I got 4 (speeding, tinted windows, expired insurance slip, expired registration), plus a tow. $1000 worth. Pain in the ass, had to get my brothers to pick us up as I had the whole family with me. :rofl:

Kinda funny I had this thread open in a window for the entire last month to remind me to check my cars. GLA was parked so I never got to it and of course the day that I take it out I get busted.

phreezee
06-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Setup reminders for yourself here: http://reminders.e-registry.ca/
Hope this helps.

rage2
06-01-2016, 10:17 AM
I already setup the reminder on my iPhone. I didn't actually miss it because of the discontinued reminder, I missed it because I got the reminder in the mail over the winter, the weather was amazing so I drove the RC-F. The GLA was parked, so then I totally forgot about it. :rofl:

Pretty much deserved those tickets.

phreezee
06-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Apparently cops are all over the NW looking for this today. My boss' wife just got pulled over on Nose Hill between Crowfoot and Citadel.

NoSup4U
06-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I got one too over the weekend. Actually, I got 4 (speeding, tinted windows, expired insurance slip, expired registration), plus a tow. $1000 worth. Pain in the ass, had to get my brothers to pick us up as I had the whole family with me. :rofl:

Kinda funny I had this thread open in a window for the entire last month to remind me to check my cars. GLA was parked so I never got to it and of course the day that I take it out I get busted.

Harsh. What aspect warranted a tow?

88CRX
06-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by NoSup4U

The safety of the general public was at risk! Criminal!

HiTempguy1
06-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by NoSup4U

Expired registration if I had to guess. Technically, it is at the officers discretion, but your car isn't legal for road use without proper registration.

Edit-
Maybe "technically" isn't the appropriate word. "Subjectively", may be better. Your vehicle should be towed if you have expired insurance or reg afaik.

dj_rice
06-01-2016, 11:31 AM
http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/registration-expiry-date-chart.cfm

Expiry date is based off your Last name. Check itttttttttttt

rage2
06-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Tow was for insurance. He was willing to let me go if I could prove I had valid insurance, but my insurance company was closed Sunday night.

ipeefreely
06-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/registration-expiry-date-chart.cfm

Expiry date is based off your Last name. Check itttttttttttt

Originally posted by ipeefreely
Both your plate and drivers license tells you when you have to renew...

n1zm0
06-01-2016, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
After years and years of car ownership, how does one not recognize that your sticker month is always the same, no matter how many cars or license plates you get, it never changes ever. I mean I had no idea up until a few years ago it was chosen as per the first letter of your last name, but it always has said MAY on my plates since I was 16. :dunno:

So a rebuttal to myself, my dad comes back from 3 weeks in SE Asia last week, I mention that I went to pay my reg and insurance on the weekend, he says he didn't pay his because he didn't get the notice... :rofl: even him being in this province after 30 years didn't clue in regarding the first letter of your last name corresponds to when your reg is due also since we have the same last name obviously...

But the registration clerk actually asked me if I wanted to be added to their own registration/license reminder mailing list, :thumbsup: for that

InRich
06-01-2016, 03:24 PM
I'd support it too
if!!! i didn't know the government was just going to take that savings and waste it somewhere else anyways.

One Liberal MP just had his fucking office renovated for 450k!!! 450K to renovate one office!!!! You can buy a new house for that.

Disoblige
06-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by InRich

One Liberal MP just had his fucking office renovated for 450k!!! 450K to renovate one office!!!! You can buy a new house for that.
what did they do to it? put a dick sucking robot at his desk overnight shipped from Japan?

speedog
06-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by InRich
I'd support it too
if!!! i didn't know the government was just going to take that savings and waste it somewhere else anyways.

I don't doubt the renovation happen: but what are the details, which MP and what are the details regarding the renovation.

FraserB
06-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by speedog

I don't doubt the renovation happen: but what are the details, which MP and what are the details regarding the renovation.

Amarjeet Sohi, Infrastructure minister, $835k on setting up an entire new office. Didn't provide a breakdown of costs beyond that. The Environment minister spent $20,000 on furniture and TVs as well.

Offroad
06-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Got my sticker yesterday didn't put it on.......drove a few blocks today.....then put it on.....so Gangsta....didn't get caught by tho Po Po.....all legal now :bigpimp:

speedog
06-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Amarjeet Sohi, Infrastructure minister, $835k on setting up an entire new office. Didn't provide a breakdown of costs beyond that. The Environment minister spent $20,000 on furniture and TVs as well.

More reading will reveal it was a new ministry that was set up not that I'm condoning that kind of spending but it wouldn't matter who as in office, that shit will,still happen.