PDA

View Full Version : Come enjoy some Junior Hockey today!!

C_Dave45
03-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Last regular season game before the Calgary Canucks go into the Playoffs for the first time in 4 years!!!! First round is against Okotoks Oilers!!

Fan appreciation today!

http://www.calgarycanucks.ca/media/files/crop_news_banner/Website%20Clip%201.PNG

mr2mike
03-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Should post up your line brawl pics in here. Maybe more will turnout.

C_Dave45
03-15-2016, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Should post up your line brawl pics in here. Maybe more will turnout.

Haha!! Inorite?!!! See? They take fighting out of the game, and no one comes anymore!! Even WHL is taking fighting out of the game. Sad.

Sadly their season is over. They got swept 3-0 by Okotoks. Big improvement from last year at least. 4 years in a row, no playoffs.
This year they had 7 more wins and jumped from last to 6th place.

Still poor attendance though.

Minimalist
03-15-2016, 07:37 PM
No coverage on the TV last night, I watched CBC and one other station's sports. Seems a shame to exclude play-off reporting.

C_Dave45
03-15-2016, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Minimalist
No coverage on the TV last night, I watched CBC and one other station's sports. Seems a shame to exclude play-off reporting.
There was a GlobalTV cameraman there for the entire game, so I imagine Global had something Sunday night. But it's usually about 10 seconds worth. It would be nice to see more local sports coverage...I mean, how many different media outlets cover the same NHL games? I can get infinite interviews, replays and clips from NHL games on every news and sports channel, but try to find whats happening with AJHL or the Dino's playoff scene is almost impossible.