PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so watching tv...

lam-boy
03-16-2004, 04:15 PM
and all these commercials pop up

"RAPID WEIGHT LOSS WITHOUT EXERCISING and BLAH BLAH BLAH."

like zantrex and propolene and such is this stuff like true?

seems like a gimmick? but how do they work?

That.Guy.S30
03-16-2004, 04:43 PM
i believe it speeds up your heart rate and what not, not really sure but it burns energy/fat during your normal day activities. i know ppl who have taken hydroyxcut and it seems to work without them working out so i guess that stuff can work too. the hydroyxcut was from the states not the canadian crap we get. it gets you really wired though.

lam-boy
03-16-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
i believe it speeds up your heart rate and what not, not really sure but it burns energy/fat during your normal day activities. i know ppl who have taken hydroyxcut and it seems to work without them working out so i guess that stuff can work too. the hydroyxcut was from the states not the canadian crap we get. it gets you really wired though.

doesn't it like screw up your sleep patterns and shit?

my friend had that thing from GNC where it burns calories faster or whatever so you get more toned quicker from doing activities, yeah i admit i sweat more doing the same things but i had the worst headache. i was dizzy and shit. needless to say that was the first and only time i took it

That.Guy.S30
03-16-2004, 11:22 PM
its like having tons of caffine(sp) it fucks you up. kinda gets you on a cheap high.. hahah yea they have side effects. i rather lose weight the old fashion way

davidI
03-16-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure about the products you mentioned but usually they contain some sort of ECA stack. That is Ephedrine, Caffeine and Aspirin. It messes with your heart rate etc. that's why Ephedrine is being made illegal (may already be illegal?). If you wanna lose weight get on a good diet and do cardio...that's all there is to it. If you're seeing about these ads while sitting around watching TV that's probably your first problem. A better weightloss commercial would be 'don't buy anything...just get off your ass and do something'

Wildcat
03-16-2004, 11:34 PM
ya dood, ever seen "Requiem for a Dream"? your gonna end up like that old granny!

Marsh
03-17-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by davidI
. that's why Ephedrine is being made illegal (may already be illegal?). If you
thats what i heard, its illegal to sell it and produce any type of product w/ ephedra in it
i'll look into it though

lam-boy
03-17-2004, 12:14 AM
haha by all means im not going for this stuff, i mean im just sitting around watching tv. and i see these lame commercials im just wondering if they are true.

rx7girlie
03-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Pretty sure those are all now Ephedra free, in fact, they boast about being ephedra free.

But, they do have other herbs and plant chemicals that screw around with your central nervous system. Yes, a cheap high, and I personally would never ever want anyone else to take it.

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Old fashion working out, with steroids or hydroxycut.

sputnik
03-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
ya dood, ever seen "Requiem for a Dream"? your gonna end up like that old granny!

:werd:

At the end of the movie she was the most screwed up... and only took "innocent" diet pills.

hjr
03-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

:werd:

At the end of the movie she was the most screwed up... and only took "innocent" diet pills.
what do you mean, her son was missing a limb!!!

Wildcat
03-17-2004, 06:52 PM
^and his girlfriend turned into a dirty ass-to-ass coke whore! :rofl:

SoSlowDx
03-19-2004, 10:55 AM
useless nammer haha me no buy shit like that the only thing was bowflex...haha as vietnamese I'll ask minh to make you one of those....:D

Dope Dealer
03-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Anyone ever tried that AB King Pro? Looks interesting..