PDA

View Full Version : Alignment for smaller diameter wheel vehicles

Cooked Rice
03-14-2016, 10:42 PM
Anyone know where I can get an alignment for a car with Mini Rover sized wheels? ie. 155/55R14. I visited Jackie at Balance Auto in the fall but we encountered an issue where the alignment target assemblies did not clear the lift platform when the car is rolled forward and backwards on the alignment rack.

Generic pic for reference: (the silver parts of the target assemblies don't clear the lift platform in my scenario)
http://www.targetroadtyres.co.nz/img/alignments/wheel-alignments2.jpg

78si
03-14-2016, 11:22 PM
You have to do a the "roll" on the wheels individually. This. Is done by jacking the front/rear and rolling the wheel in the air. My alignment machine has a function for this.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-15-2016, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Anyone know where I can get an alignment for a car with Mini Rover sized wheels? ie. 155/55R14. I visited Jackie at Balance Auto in the fall but we encountered an issue where the alignment target assemblies did not clear the lift platform when the car is rolled forward and backwards on the alignment rack.

Generic pic for reference: (the silver parts of the target assemblies don't clear the lift platform in my scenario)
http://www.targetroadtyres.co.nz/img/alignments/wheel-alignments2.jpg

Rover Mini wheels are 165/60R12 or 145/70R12 from factory. I had the same issue on mine when I took it to Jackie when he was at Zero limits. He dialed the toe in for me using the string alignment, but that was it.

If you call Auto-Mann, they can recommend a shop that can do the alignment. I keep meaning to get the name from them, but seeing as I still have the OEM suspension (aside from Hi-los), I can only adjust the front Toe.

Cooked Rice
03-16-2016, 12:54 PM
I may try Country Tire. They supposedly have a Hunter Elite which uses a much more compact target system. This is for my Kei car :D I pass by your Mini all the time, I live close by.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-16-2016, 01:09 PM
I may try Country Tire. They supposedly have a Hunter Elite which uses a much more compact target system. This is for my Kei car :D I pass by your Mini all the time, I live close by.

Just moved, so you won't see it anymore. Now it lives indoors, and is much happier. Let me know how it is. I just picked up some camber and toe plates for it.

loweg
03-16-2016, 01:53 PM
What kei car and let me know where you go to get it done might take my best for one too

Cooked Rice
03-16-2016, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by loweg
What kei car and let me know where you go to get it done might take my best for one too

HA22S Suzuki Alto Works ;)

loweg
03-16-2016, 06:38 PM
Oh i totally talked to you about rims on Kijiji....

Should buy my works man. At least look into it... Only .5 inch difference between front and rear

ercchry
03-16-2016, 07:09 PM

Should buy my works man. At least look into it... Only .5 inch difference between front and rear

Specs?

loweg
03-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Thread hijack!
Sorry

14x7 +20
14x7.5 zero offset rear

Work cr01r

ercchry
03-16-2016, 07:20 PM
4x114? Or 100? I'd prefer 15s but those would fit sooo good on the Datsun

loweg
03-16-2016, 07:32 PM
4x100

ercchry
03-16-2016, 07:37 PM
Damn... The hunt continues

Cooked Rice
03-16-2016, 07:41 PM

Someone else, I've never inquired about rims on kijiji before.