PDA

View Full Version : Canada Post and their poor delivery service

nzwasp
03-15-2016, 04:49 PM
My mail person is a fucking disgrace. I went to check the mail last night and I received this parcel from my brother.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B75K90YseTXPX3FlRDFSNG9wZzg/view?usp=sharing

And it was shoved into my tiny little mailbox within the community mailbox. Does this happen to anyone else on here?

The other thing that happened was that the mail key for the big mail slot broke basically at the stub and they didnt both making a new key they just let everyone use the stub key which isn't a problem it just shows how fucking lazy they are.

I thought of putting this on reddit/r/calgary but its full of trolls.

speedog
03-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by nzwasp
My mail person is a fucking disgrace. I went to check the mail last night and I received this parcel from my brother.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B75K90YseTXPX3FlRDFSNG9wZzg/view?usp=sharing

And it was shoved into my tiny little mailbox within the community mailbox. Does this happen to anyone else on here?

The other thing that happened was that the mail key for the big mail slot broke basically at the stub and they didnt both making a new key they just let everyone use the stub key which isn't a problem it just shows how fucking lazy they are.

I thought of putting this on reddit/r/calgary but its full of trolls.

I am not a troll.

dj_rice
03-15-2016, 04:55 PM
Strange. For packages like that, they usually throw it on my porch from Canadapost, Purolator and UPS.

But sometimes they do put in the community box, no big deal to me. In the community box though, they have the large slots and the small slots and they put it in accordingly, maybe someone had their shit in the large slot still and not picked up so only other choice was to put it in the small slot.

firebane
03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
First ... lets not forget if this is a community box its not so much Canada Post but the fuck tards they hire to deliver the mail.

T-Dubbs
03-15-2016, 05:05 PM
We tipped our mailman $25 in a xmas card, and have had amazing service since.

The_Rural_Juror
03-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Nice of them to leave you a banana. I never get gifts from Canada Post.

C_Dave45
03-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
Nice of them to leave you a banana. I never get gifts from Canada Post.
Fuckin' GOLD! :rofl:

90_Shelby
03-15-2016, 06:14 PM
What was in the package? Was it damaged?

btimbit
03-15-2016, 06:15 PM
So what's the problem with them putting it in the mail box? I must have missed something

rage2
03-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
So what's the problem with them putting it in the mail box? I must have missed something
The cold weather turns it brown.

Star1995
03-15-2016, 06:29 PM
The package started in Vancouver around noon and was delivered less than 48 hours later, I`d say that`s pretty good for CP, last time I had something delivered via CP it took nine days from Toronto. The banana looks like it was delivered with no damage...

USED1
03-15-2016, 06:58 PM
Boo fucking hoo! You sure your not the bored housewife, this seriously deserves its own thread.

nzwasp
03-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Didn't expect troll answers. The banana was for scale. So when I finally figure out how to tell canada post the lady that delivers the mail from her van is an idiot I can show them the size of the parcel.

I wondered what happened when the big slot was full. I'm guessing they are supposed to leave you a slip but our Lady must be too lazy to fill it out.

It was a present for my daughter and was scratched.

01RedDX
03-15-2016, 07:08 PM

Minimalist
03-15-2016, 07:35 PM
Didn't expect troll answers. The banana was for scale.

Was that an asian banana, not all bananas are the same size. Just to get clear on the scale of things.

rage2
03-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Didn't expect troll answers. The banana was for scale. So when I finally figure out how to tell canada post the lady that delivers the mail from her van is an idiot I can show them the size of the parcel.

I wondered what happened when the big slot was full. I'm guessing they are supposed to leave you a slip but our Lady must be too lazy to fill it out.

So is that a big, medium or small banana? :rofl:

Seriously tho, when I get stuff in that packaging they stuff it in just like in your case. If it's in a box, it goes in the big slot and key in my mailbox. Really if I was fragile, it shouldn't have shipped in that expresspost envelope thingy.

btimbit
03-15-2016, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by rage2

The cold weather turns it brown.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I would have put that in the opening post. That sucks. I'd blame whoever shipped/packaged it more than Canada Post though.

ExtraSlow
03-15-2016, 08:05 PM
Didn't expect troll answers. really?

The_Rural_Juror
03-15-2016, 11:28 PM
Wouldn't there be a puncture if it was scratched?

JustinMCS
03-16-2016, 12:40 AM
Am I missing something? Package looks fine to me?!

lsc2g
03-16-2016, 06:22 AM
yea i'm not sure what the issue is here.

my wife buys stuff online and then it goes to the boxes mostly (like clothes packages) and i get the key on my small box and open up door 1-3 and get my stuff put the key back into the mail slot.

:dunno:

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-16-2016, 07:15 AM

The community mailboxes are usually filled by contractors. They don't give a shit, and Canada Post won't do anything about it.

If it was fragile, he should've put it into a rigid box. The only time I've received packages like that, they were clothes or something soft and malleable.

At my old place, I was lucky to even get the package to my mailbox. 90% of the time, my item didn't even leave the post office, and they only used the cards, so I'd always get my package a day later than I expected.

jwslam
03-16-2016, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
The community mailboxes are usually filled by contractors. They don't give a shit, and Canada Post won't do anything about it.
This. But I got a package around xmas in box A so I left a box of cookies and a $20. He actually remembered and thanked me a month later when he caught me shovelling

I was looking at him as some random guy in an unbranded truck wondering wtf :nut: before I realized what he was doing and who he was.

re:stub key. They actually can bill out Canada Post something like $25 or $50 just to change that lock and it's like a 5 minute process. Not sure why they wouldn't do it.

NoPulp
03-16-2016, 08:20 AM
Why would you get Canada Post to deliver such a small brown banana?

Also,
"If it fits, I sits".

n1zm0
03-16-2016, 08:38 AM
The banana was for scale.

I thought beyond had a fair bit of redditors, apparently not as much as I thought?

edit: on my Ring doorbell cam I have a clear view of the community mailbox, I once watched a CP worker attempt to shove a clearly oversized box into the slot then gave up and took it back in his Ford panel van, I assume the worse when CP handles packages.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
The community mailboxes are usually filled by contractors.

I don't think I've ever seen a non-CP employee open ours?

btimbit
03-16-2016, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

I thought beyond had a fair bit of redditors, apparently not as much as I thought?

I try my best not too. I find the layout to be awful

roopi
03-16-2016, 09:30 AM
I suggest using UPS/Fedex next time. It's been a while since someone has complained about the fees associated with using them.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-16-2016, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

edit: on my Ring doorbell cam I have a clear view of the community mailbox, I once watched a CP worker attempt to shove a clearly oversized box into the slot then gave up and took it back in his Ford panel van, I assume the worse when CP handles packages.

I don't think I've ever seen a non-CP employee open ours?

Usually, not always. Typically a route stays with a specific person until something happens to change that. If you have a CP employee doing it, fantastic, but if it's someone wearing some CP branded clothes and they're driving an unmarked mini-van/truck/SUV, they're a contractor.

Christian@IE
03-16-2016, 09:59 AM
OP account hijacked by Mar.

Mitsu3000gt
03-16-2016, 10:04 AM
At least they deliver your packages. I'm in a condo building and instead of buzzing my unit they just leave the notice and make me go pick it up 2 days later. They are the absolute worst.

I NEVER have issues with UPS/FedEx and I order a ton of stuff year-round. They even let me buzz them in and they drop stuff off by my door when I'm not home.

btimbit
03-16-2016, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by roopi
I suggest using UPS/Fedex next time. It's been a while since someone has complained about the fees associated with using them.

Fedex Express and the banana might still be ripe by the time it arrives

rage2
03-16-2016, 10:10 AM
I ship everything to my office. CP comes right to the door. Our 50 y/o CP mail carrier lady has a thing for me so she handles my package with care. :rofl:

bjstare
03-16-2016, 10:13 AM
+1 for shipping to office.

Also :rofl: at not expecting troll anwers. Is OP new here or something?

nzwasp
03-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
+1 for shipping to office.

Also :rofl: at not expecting troll anwers. Is OP new here or something?

No not new however I imagine if posting on reddit I would of been downvoted to -20 or something because its a very negative community.

Anyway I forgot about a similar time with purolator.

My wife decided it would be fun to order a package of live lobsters from Eastern Canada and so for whatever reason purolator had to be the ones to ship it. We stayed home the entire day to wait for them, purolator decided they couldn't find our house, because our house number is on a giant rock on our front yard (this was on a friday) and then took them back to some depot, we spent alot of time on the phone with them and then ended up picking up $300 worth of dead lobsters on monday morning.

That was probably my worst mail delivery story. Apparently even though you put your contact number on the package - purolator drivers aren't allowed to use their phone to contact you if they have problems delivering.

88CRX
03-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Person delivering our mail is a contractor, totally shit show of packages in the back of a van and I'm quite confident that they don't deliver mail every day. When I'm waiting for shit to arrive I'll check the mail every day and I never have mail on back to back days.... Tuesday the mailbox will be jammed pack then Wednesday it'll be empty and then Thursday full of shit again. :dunno:

shakalaka
03-16-2016, 10:28 AM
I actually like Canada Post, they are relatively decent. It's the UPS that I hate with a passion. Ridiculous taxes on freaking everything.

Mitsu3000gt
03-16-2016, 10:39 AM
Everything comes to my office too however I walk to/from work so depending on what it is, if it's too big it has to go to home instead :(

Xtrema
03-16-2016, 10:47 AM
Only contractor deliver my mail. Usually no issue except the sorting can be off and I get mail sometimes from the same house number but different street.

I still prefer CP/USPS over Fedex/UPS since I don't have to drive all way to airport to pick them up if I miss them at the door.

Mitsu3000gt
03-16-2016, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Only contractor deliver my mail. Usually no issue except the sorting can be off and I get mail sometimes from the same house number but different street.

I still prefer CP/USPS over Fedex/UPS since I don't have to drive all way to airport to pick them up if I miss them at the door.

UPS and Purolator send them to the nearest outlet, not sure about FedEx.

If the parcel is massive, the outlet can refuse them though, and then they go back to the airport between each of the 3 delivery attempts (you can also call and change the delivery address to someone who will be home).

dj_rice
03-16-2016, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

This. But I got a package around xmas in box A so I left a box of cookies and a $20. He actually remembered and thanked me a month later when he caught me shovelling

Do you just leave the cookies and such in your own mailbox slot with a note?Or how....

ExtraSlow
03-16-2016, 11:15 AM

No not new however I imagine if posting on reddit I would of been downvoted to -20 or something because its a very negative community. I downvote your face, punk.

On a realted note, does anyone know how to complian about the behaviour of a specific mail carrier? Pretty sure he is a Canada Post Employee, as he drives a CP car, and wears the CP uniform. Fucker litters all over my street several times a week.

jwslam
03-16-2016, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Do you just leave the cookies and such in your own mailbox slot with a note?Or how....
Community Box. I happened to get a package that week, so there was a key in my box to open the big box A. Left the cookies (those chocolate variety packs that are common everywhere), shut the door, and dropped the key in the mail slot. Yes I left a note as well, but I'm fairly certain they would figure out that that's not what they put in there the day before :dunno:

The_Rural_Juror
03-16-2016, 11:48 AM
I went to check my mail this morning and ended up getting a gift this morning from my mailman. He must be a beyonder.

http://i.imgur.com/t1j99Hn.jpg

It looked so delicious that I almost ate it on the spot. But before I did that, I wanted to test the OP's theory. So I stuck my banana in the mail slot and measured away. My conclusion is that the slot is wide enough for about 1.25 bananas. OP's package looks bigger, but his banana is also much more curved so this is not the best comparison.

Sorry to disappoint guys.

TomcoPDR
03-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Christian@IE

Haha. Yeah didn't Mar had a thread about cp contractor issues too

nzwasp
03-16-2016, 12:14 PM
I went to check my mail this morning and ended up getting a gift this morning from my mailman. He must be a beyonder.

http://i.imgur.com/t1j99Hn.jpg?2

It looked so delicious that I almost ate it on the spot. But before I did that, I wanted to test the OP's theory. So I stuck my banana in the mail slot and measured away. My conclusion is that the slot is wide enough for about 1.25 bananas. OP's package looks bigger, but his banana is also much more curved so this is not the best comparison.

Sorry to disappoint guys.

That slot is way bigger than my slot. I think my mail slot is only 5 or 6 inches across. No way a banana would fit side ways.

Originally posted by Christian@IE

Well we could be, we almost drive the same car - he drives a velostar I drive a kia forte turbo, I always thought Mar was asian though - don't really have evidence for that. Im not asian, well unless you count that im australasian.

The_Rural_Juror
03-16-2016, 12:20 PM

That slot is way bigger than my slot. I think my mail slot is only 5 or 6 inches across. No way a banana would fit side ways.

Are you calling my mail slot loose?

jwslam
03-16-2016, 12:27 PM
I would agree with nzmarp that your slot seems to take much larger bananas than the average slot

ExtraSlow
03-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Maybe it's just "experienced"? I think they can stretch with use and abuse. :dunno:

suntan
03-16-2016, 01:21 PM
I sent some forms and a cheque to my insurance provider, someone opened the envelope and took the contents before it got there.

Disoblige
03-16-2016, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

I would have put that in the opening post.
This. He would have had a lot less people calling him a whiner if he said the product was damaged in OP.

Makes me question if it was even damaged in the first place now :P

nzwasp
03-16-2016, 01:30 PM

I will take a photo of my slot tonight

btimbit
03-16-2016, 01:33 PM

I will take a photo of my slot tonight

Get her permission first, don't want you getting in trouble

suntan
03-16-2016, 01:54 PM
Take some pics of the slot with a banana in it!

nzwasp
03-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by suntan
Take some pics of the slot with a banana in it!

Yeah already planned, can't compare slots without bananas in slots. Im not sure what size his banana is. I guess mine might be a medium.

Sugarphreak
03-16-2016, 02:27 PM

suntan
03-16-2016, 02:42 PM
Is there a back slot?

btimbit
03-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by suntan
Is there a back slot?

Only on your birthday

PurolatorHelp
03-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Hello,

I’m very sorry to hear about this situation that you encountered. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

If you require me to follow up with this and forward the details to management, can you please e-mail the Purolator tracking number to [email protected]?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Julie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail : [email protected]
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

No not new however I imagine if posting on reddit I would of been downvoted to -20 or something because its a very negative community.

Anyway I forgot about a similar time with purolator.

My wife decided it would be fun to order a package of live lobsters from Eastern Canada and so for whatever reason purolator had to be the ones to ship it. We stayed home the entire day to wait for them, purolator decided they couldn't find our house, because our house number is on a giant rock on our front yard (this was on a friday) and then took them back to some depot, we spent alot of time on the phone with them and then ended up picking up $300 worth of dead lobsters on monday morning.

That was probably my worst mail delivery story. Apparently even though you put your contact number on the package - purolator drivers aren't allowed to use their phone to contact you if they have problems delivering.

HomespunLobster
03-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Should have taken a picture, but I had a box delivered that they put in my slot, but once the rest of the full door was closed I couldn't get my parcel. Had to leave a note letting them know I couldn't get it out of the slot.

If it's a package to the door, they walk up, leave the door handle "your package can be picked up tomorrow after 1 pm" ring the doorbell then walk away. I can see the front door from where I was sitting on my couch and by the time I opened up the door he was at the street walking back to his car.

nzwasp
03-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by PurolatorHelp
Hello,

I’m very sorry to hear about this situation that you encountered. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

If you require me to follow up with this and forward the details to management, can you please e-mail the Purolator tracking number to [email protected]?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Julie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail : [email protected]
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

IF.... Nice customer service there.

This happened in 2013. And there weren't many apologies back then.

The_Rural_Juror
03-16-2016, 05:51 PM
So I thought that I would return the favour with the mailperson and leave him/her a gift in return. Unfortunately I am out of bananas, so I grabbed the last piece of produce that I had in my fridge.

http://i.imgur.com/y3FkVYN.jpg

I shoved as hard as I can but my bulb was just too girthy. Will have to return another day.

P.S. My mailbox is not a floozy.

nzwasp
03-16-2016, 06:14 PM
Is this one of the new slots. I got my slot in 2012 and thought they would all look the same. I'm going to go shove my banana in there soon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C3evevVSElTuE3c5jpjSWV2XeVpgfCDJBg/view?usp=docslist_api

J.M.
03-16-2016, 08:20 PM
Looks like you got one of the older slots

suntan
03-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Slots gonna slot.

stefan15
03-16-2016, 08:38 PM
I once had my mail lady straight up tell me "I don't deliver on Fridays. Just don't feel like it." Didn't know what to say.

dj_rice
03-16-2016, 10:14 PM
http://media.zuza.com/b/7/b705c8b5-376f-42de-99a1-e8dba2af39b0/N-CanadaPostCommunityMailboxes___Gallery.jpg

Thats the one I have. Two bigger boxes on the bottom left.

The_Rural_Juror
03-16-2016, 10:28 PM
Is this one of the new slots. I got my slot in 2012 and thought they would all look the same. I'm going to go shove my banana in there soon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C3evevVSElTuE3c5jpjSWV2XeVpgfCDJBg/view?usp=docslist_api

Yeah. It is a new slot. I have experienced both new and old slots. Both have their pros and cons. The new slots are tighter but are more flexible because each mail unit would have more bigger boxes. The old slots can fit many onions but have less impressive boxes.

btimbit
03-16-2016, 10:57 PM
New one is more of a slot than a box, or so it seems. Lets discuss the pros and cons of boxes v slots

What a riveting discussion this has turned into

ZenOps
03-18-2016, 08:33 AM
Square boxes means they fold everything magazine sized.

Flat boxes usually are too thin for most peoples fat arms, and the mailperson always throws the mail to the absolute back of the box. Why is it that normal people need a "sticky hand", or a pair of chopsticks to get their mail...

bjstare
03-18-2016, 11:06 AM
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w401/davemers/ThisThreadDelivers_zpsf875b5aa.jpg

nzwasp
03-18-2016, 12:00 PM
I went a few communities over to try and find some of these shiny new boxes but all the newer communities (1 year old) only had the square ones. Im guessing its the super boxes they roll out to the old communities?

Strider
03-18-2016, 12:13 PM
I went a few communities over to try and find some of these shiny new boxes but all the newer communities (1 year old) only had the square ones. Im guessing its the super boxes they roll out to the old communities?

If I'm not mistaken
Old: http://looniepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/cp-mailbox-300x300.jpg

New:http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.2062550.1413840124!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

The new boxes are the ones they rolled out recently in inner city neighborhoods. I've seen them in Tuxedo.

codetrap
03-18-2016, 12:19 PM

jwslam
03-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
I'd be more impressed if she came, handling your package, when she didn't have a thing for you. :P
FTFY

Bladeh
03-24-2016, 06:06 PM
So off I go to Canada Post with my prepaid package to go to the states (I did a ship item on ebay through Canada Post/Pay Pal) She says this is UPS, no this is Canada Post I says, so she scans the USPS tracking number and tells me its not in the system and to send via UPS :banghead:

She can't tell the difference between UPS and USPS WTF!, so now I'm going to have to go back with my receipt that I printed off saying you have successfully created a Canada Post shipping label.

btimbit
03-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Bladeh
So off I go to Canada Post with my prepaid package to go to the states (I did a ship item on ebay through Canada Post/Pay Pal) She says this is UPS, no this is Canada Post I says, so she scans the USPS tracking number and tells me its not in the system and to send via UPS :banghead:

She can't tell the difference between UPS and USPS WTF!, so now I'm going to have to go back with my receipt that I printed off saying you have successfully created a Canada Post shipping label.

Weird, the label should still say Canada Post on it. Won't say USPS until they slap a sticker on it at the border.