PDA

View Full Version : ZAGG booths..do u trust them?

Seks
03-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Seen a few in the local malls. Do you trust them with your phone?

shakalaka
03-16-2016, 09:47 PM
Not sure what you mean by trust them, not like you leave your phone with them overnight or anything. They usually do their thing while you wait. I have taken several phones to them without any issues.

beyond_ban
03-16-2016, 11:12 PM
I always use zagg since once your screen protector starts to peel, it is just $5 for a replacement. Plus, the protector itself is good quality and sticks well.

blairtruck
03-17-2016, 06:02 AM
i used to always use the plastic zagg. then moved on to the glass screen protector and wont go back.

nobb
03-17-2016, 06:20 AM
+1 on the tempered glass. It's almost completely scratch proof and has saved my screen from an impact that would have likely cracked it.

Kg810
03-17-2016, 07:12 AM
Forget Zagg or paying anyone at a booth to apply a screen protector on your phone.

Go on eBay, search for the cheapest glass screen protector for your device and do it yourself.

Glass screen protectors are super easy to apply. You can literally find them for $1 with free shipping. You can probably buy $40 of them for the price you would pay for a Zagg branded eBay protector.

n1zm0
03-17-2016, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by nobb
+1 on the tempered glass. It's almost completely scratch proof and has saved my screen from an impact that would have likely cracked it.

:werd: Put mine on before trip to Asia 2 years ago, lasted through that and EU with no issues, no more rubber/silicone ones needed.

lilmira
03-17-2016, 08:17 AM
I used those booths before. There is nothing to worry about other than the price.

:thumbsup: I bought tech armor glass from amazon for my phone and my surface p4. Better protection, better clarity and better feel than plastic film.

drtoohotty1
03-17-2016, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by nobb

+2 so much easier to apply yourself and holds up so much better I will never go back

EK 2.0
03-17-2016, 08:32 AM
Yes...

Used them multiple times and always had a great experience as well and the one time I needed aftercare they took care of the issue with no gripes even though it was kinda my fault haha...

shakalaka
03-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Although, I will suggest this;

Check out Geek Squad at any Best Buy, chances are they can custom cut the protector to fit your phone's screen. The best part is that they change it for completely free for the lifetime.

When I got my Blackberry Priv, it had just come out so no other places carried the protector. Geek Squad hooked me up and after about a month when it was lifting from a side, they replaced it for free. The only thing is, I am not sure if they put them on the body of the phone as well or not.

J.M.
03-17-2016, 09:03 AM
Get a tempered screen protector instead as everyone else mentioned. Way cheaper and much better.

Mitsu3000gt
03-17-2016, 09:18 AM
Tempered glass is the only way to go, super easy to install too. I've also never had one come off my phone before I replaced the actual phone. I like to have the screen still feel like a screen, and the only way to do that is tempered glass. I have also had my screen saved by one before, I smacked an old phone by accident super hard with the end of a seat belt and the tempered glass saved the screen for sure. You can usually buy 2-packs of good ones for around $10 on Amazon so if you screw up who cares.

Only downside to the tempered glass ones is with phones like the Samsung Edge products, it can't curve around the very edges.

Seks
03-17-2016, 10:53 AM
Looking for a tempered glass one for an s7 edge. I don't have the phone yet but I figured a tempered glass that only goes over the top and not the edge would be sufficient.

Looked on amazon.ca ... a variety of tempered glass and prices vary

Mitsu3000gt
03-17-2016, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Seks
Looking for a tempered glass one for an s7 edge. I don't have the phone yet but I figured a tempered glass that only goes over the top and not the edge would be sufficient.

The phone is too new, you won't see good support for screen protectors for a little while. Buy whatever you want for now and then swap it for a good tempered glass one when they become available. I like Inskin protectors, been using them on 3 S6's, N5, and 6P with no issues. Look at ones for the S6/S6 edge to get an idea of what it will be like. A lot of phone cases come with a half decent protector as well, so you can maybe use that one until you get a proper one if you are getting a case.

Strider
03-17-2016, 11:39 AM
+1 for tempered glass.

The only downside is that the edges will chip if you're rough with your phone and it's otherwise naked (no case)

www.xtremeguard.com - search online for coupons, there's codes for 93% off all the time.

Kg810
03-17-2016, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Seks

Found this in 1 minute on eBay.

$2.12 each with free shipping

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-S7-Edge-Full-Cover-Tempered-Glass-Curved-Screen-Protector-Lot-/182057421874?var=&hash=item2a6377cc32:m:mzDhoj5fVTI2j7Z3ROnmRYw

J.M.
03-17-2016, 12:50 PM
I found that the Zagg/Ghost Armor protectors do fuck all to protect the edges of your phone anyways. All I've got is a tempered screen protector and no case.

relyt92
03-17-2016, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Strider
+1 for tempered glass.

The only downside is that the edges will chip if you're rough with your phone and it's otherwise naked (no case)

www.xtremeguard.com - search online for coupons, there's codes for 93% off all the time. :werd: I use these ones on my S5 and the girlfriends S6.

WhippWhapp
03-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Glass the only way to go, as mentioned above!

Mitsu3000gt
03-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Never had edges chip on my glass screen protectors, the good ones have rounded off edges to help prevent this (and feel better). I'm pretty nice to my phones though.

mdeleon
03-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Kristall Liquid Screen Protector? http://kristallglobal.com

I have a S6 Edge, have looked into the tempered glass available for them but all reviews have some sort of issues whether it be fitment or sensitivity issues. So figured maybe this could be an alternative if it actually works as advertised. One other point of pros of tempered glass over regular screen protectors is you don't lose any clarity from the screen with tempered, though slight, there is a difference. I just recently had to replace my current screen protector with a new one and I noticed the difference.

CRIFRYhiKUA

atF92f3qQ3Q