PDA

View Full Version : Pubs or Bars for NCAA?

JordanEG6
03-24-2016, 09:07 AM
Calgary isn't the greatest when it comes to diversity in sports, they literally JUST show Hockey or the Raps (without sound). Are there any pubs or bars in town that show March Madness WITH sound?

I also know the Flames play today, so it'll be tougher than it already is finding a spot to watch. Any suggestions?

Sugarphreak
03-24-2016, 09:30 AM

tenth
03-24-2016, 01:27 PM
I have had success before at getting Beer Revolution to switch a screen over to March Madness, even with the Flames on. You might have trouble getting two on while the Flames are playing tonight.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I once had to leave the Coach and Horse because they refused to switch a single screen to Sunday Night Football while a Flames preseason game was on. Haven't been back since.

I've watched a good chunk of the tournament on phones and tablets with the Shaw Free Range TV app. Even if you don't subscribe to cable, if you can get a friend that has Sportsnet's Shaw login, you could get one or both of them going on a phone/tablet at a bar with wifi. The app is really good. Only downside is it doesn't carry the American channels, so it would have to be the Sportsnet feed and not CBS.

lasimmon
03-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Why not just watch at home? I always choose to watch sports at home instead of at a bar.

Bigger Tv. Cheaper beer. Cheaper food..

flipstah
03-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Any luck?

JordanEG6
03-25-2016, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Any luck?

It played in several bars, none of which had sound. I ended up watching it at home. :nut: