PDA

View Full Version : Private Clinic for knee

Maxt
03-27-2016, 01:47 PM
My knee has always been bad, but an accident around New years has kind of finished it off to the point its constant pain/throbbing.
I got a referral to the Alberta Hip and knee clinic, the consultation appointment is 8 months away, and the treatment apparently 5 months after that. Needless to say with the work I do, that timeline is not going to work for me.
I tried to get a referral to the sports medicine guy in Canmore, but he will only take referrals from a sports therapist for a sports injury.
I have engaged a private clinic in Vancouver who promised me a diagnosis and treatment procedure based on my recent Xrays and MRI had along with the notes from my family practitioner. The clinic's response is a week overdue and they aren't returning phone calls.
Has anyone ever gone down to Montana or somewhere else close stateside for this kind of treatment? Looking for any fast recommendations at this point. Heavy work season is coming up and I need to get this knee repaired. Cost isn't an issue at this point.

vengie
03-27-2016, 01:57 PM
My uncle just had is total knee replacement down in Montana over Christmas, from diagnosis to surgery was no more than 2 months. Apparently the doctor is very well renowned and has done several proffesional athletes.

Uncle will be golfing in two weeks which is amazing considering it was his leading knee that was done.

Minimalist
03-27-2016, 05:07 PM
My ever-so-fit relative had both wonky ski knees looked after here:

http://www.elitesportperformance.com/site/the_knee_clinic

Rowdy
03-28-2016, 02:09 PM
If it is sports related, and you see them with 4 weeks of the injury the can help a great deal.

http://www.sportmed.ucalgary.ca/akic

I tore my acl, lived 5 years with it wrecked. Then while playing soccer with a brace on, my knee let go and then was locked up because of a meniscus (sp?) tear. One of my friends who is a doctor gave me the info and they saw me asap and helped speed up my surgery. I was in within 6 months instead of 16.

So you might need to get out and play ;)

Maxt
03-28-2016, 10:59 PM
I couldn't get a referral for Elite sports, its not sports related, unless falling off a mezzanine , and smashing your knee on the way down is considered a sport now.
Got tired of chasing the Vancouver clinic, Montana clinic phoned me back and I'll be seeing them this week.

flipstah
03-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Have you tried Panther Sports? They just hired a new physician that works from the knee clinic in Banff (Dr. McIsaac).

When I tore my MCL and PCL, I got an immediate consult and thankfully, I didn't need surgery. Just a brace.