View Full Version : 991 Gt3 Rs

schocker
04-01-2016, 01:39 PM
In on schocker spotted thread :poosie:
http://i.imgur.com/tzpMHtW.jpg
Will get better pics if it is there when I leave. :D

rage2
04-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Nice spot. My current favorite car that I'd like to own.

schocker
04-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I didn't even know any had arrived here yet. My dream car is still even just a GT3. Feel like boxing it in with car2go so it stays for a bit longer :rofl:

beyond_ban
04-01-2016, 01:48 PM
I want one soooo badly (dreams) haha, their resale value right now is through the roof. Is there more than one in town? I've seen this same car in lava orange two other times, both in the south around Canyon Meadows on Macleod.

Also, anyone see the RS that got dumped into the canal in Amsterdam? So sad.

http://www.nltimes.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Waterlogged-Porsche-GT3-RS-full-1024x575.jpg

schocker
04-01-2016, 01:52 PM
I think even the GT3 had a huge bump in resale too. All these low volume models are definitely worth buying to use for a bit then flip for more money R, GT3, GT3RS etc.

^^At least the engine is in the back :rofl:

killramos
04-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
I want one soooo badly (dreams) haha, their resale value right now is through the roof. Is there more than one in town? I've seen this same car in lava orange two other times, both in the south around Canyon Meadows on Macleod.

Also, anyone see the RS that got dumped into the canal in Amsterdam? So sad.

http://www.nltimes.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Waterlogged-Porsche-GT3-RS-full-1024x575.jpg

Funny story behind that one. Apparently the brake calipers weren't installed, offsite for custom painting. and someone tried to move it to a better location without knowing

Who the hell puts the wheels back on a car with no brakes :rofl:
Must have needed the jack for something.

beyond_ban
04-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by schocker
I think even the GT3 had a huge bump in resale too. All these low volume models are definitely worth buying to use for a bit then flip for more money R, GT3, GT3RS etc.

^^At least the engine is in the back :rofl:

Now to find a way to sneak onto an allocation list...

Originally posted by killramos

Funny story behind that one. Apparently the brake calipers weren't installed, offsite for custom painting. and someone tried to move it to a better location without knowing

Who the hell puts the wheels back on a car with no brakes :rofl:
Must have needed the jack for something.

I never heard the story behind, just figured the employee was stoned :rofl:

So bad to not put brakes back on, especially when dealing with a car of that caliber. Now that i think of it, highly likely drugs were involved after all.

BavarianBeast
04-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Me too.

Out of all the high-end exotics I've had the chance to drive, the GT3 has been my absolute favorite. Not to mention they can actually hold their value and often end up appreciating.

you&me
04-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

His office is in that area, so you should see it more frequently, especially with the weather getting better.

Buster
04-01-2016, 03:22 PM
I've seen that one up on the west side a few times.

black300
04-01-2016, 03:27 PM
ZR always posts pictures of that Red GT3.

What are these worth anyways?

Man, I want that!

shakalaka
04-01-2016, 03:35 PM
I know I am fairly ignorant when it comes to Porsche's but what the hell is so special about this car that a regular 911 turbo doesn't have? Mind you, those aren't exactly cheap either. To me, they all look the same lol.

I usually only learn about brands until I own one of them, so if I ever get a Porsche I will look into it. Haha.

schocker
04-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I know I am fairly ignorant when it comes to Porsche's but what the hell is so special about this car that a regular 911 turbo doesn't have? Mind you, those aren't exactly cheap either. To me, they all look the same lol.

I usually only learn about brands until I own one of them, so if I ever get a Porsche I will look into it. Haha.
No turbos to start :)
4.0 L flat 6 w/ 500 hp naturally aspirated
Half cage in the rear
RWD
Lots of aero
Low Production etc etc.
This is essentially the most hardcore 911 you can buy.

http://www.porsche.com/canada/en/models/911/911-gt3-rs/featuresandspecs/

Darkane
04-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Love that car. I think there is 3 in town in the blaze orange colour.

I've seen 1 up close, met the owners nephew of the other one and I'm buddies with the GM that sold the third one (Not through a porsche dealer).

I'm special? :dunno: :nut:

max_boost
04-01-2016, 04:17 PM
I have seen that car around. Very nice.

A2VR6
04-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Beautiful car... the one I saw up close had pilot alpins on it :nut:

J.M.
04-01-2016, 07:03 PM
:thumbsup: