PDA

View Full Version : Summer work oppertunities?

Super_Geo
03-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Does anyone have ideas of where to look for summer work in Calgary for undergraduate university students?

Aside from the obvoius (McDick's, Superstore, Revy, Gap, etc etc)... something that's seasonal, would be great if it had something to do with engineering, but I'm thinking it's probably too late to hope for that.

If it matters, I'm finishing my 2nd year of engineering physics. Maybe one of you guys knows someone who knows someone who.... ? Any and all advice is greatly apprechiated. Thanks.

Kid Koala
03-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Super Geo

I'm just finishing my second year of computer engineering at UofC and I've found a company that's got me really excited to go and work this summer. If you're looking for a great job, just gimme a shout. My email is [email protected].

Kid Koala

davidI
03-24-2004, 02:28 PM
The City of Calgary usually has a lot of jobs. Go look around on their website and maybe you'll find the list - I don't have the link off hand.

There are a few guys on here that run landscaping gigs as well. I do golf course construction and I'll tell ya that the hours are long (70-80 hours/week), the work is hard but money adds up with overtime.

mo_money2supe
04-01-2004, 03:45 AM
Why not check out the University careers/human resources pages?

www.ucalgary.ca/careers
www.ucalgary.ca/HR/career/

Both of which have a number of good jobs, especially seasonal ones. You'll need your UC IT account info; the webpage allows you to apply for jobs whilst on their database.

Hey, btw Super_Geo, are you in Geomatics Engineering? 2nd year?