PDA

View Full Version : Where to rent a Subaru in Calgary

08altima
04-04-2016, 10:16 AM
I'm thinking about buying a Subaru Impreza or Legacy and am wondering if there are any car rental locations in Calgary that rent them out so that I can get a proper feel for them before I make a decision. Tried calling a few with no luck.

RealJimmyJames
04-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Have never seen these in the rental fleets.

killramos
04-04-2016, 10:21 AM
We rented one from budget a couple years ago?

I think it was a Forester or an XT though.

That.Guy.S30
04-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Sometimes I see impreza or legacy with budget.

08altima
04-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by killramos

Which Budget location did you rent from?

bjstare
04-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by killramos

XT is a Forester trim level, just FYI. haha

HiSpec
04-04-2016, 11:18 AM
I've rented a Legacy from Enterprise. But it was in Vancouver.

NoPulp
04-04-2016, 11:28 AM
I thought I've heard of dealerships lending cars out for a day or two, could maybe just ask the dealership? Maybe, you're trying to avoid the dealership until you're sure about purchasing one though.

silvercivicsir
04-04-2016, 11:49 AM
i have seen Subaru's from Budget driving around Banff.. I assume they got them from the calgary airport

Disoblige
04-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Yep, Budget has Subaru. I've seen Outback's and Legacy's.

Maxx Mazda
04-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Why not ask to use a demo? That's why dealerships have them in the first place. You can take it home overnight and see if it works for you.

realazy
04-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Budget definitely has Subarus. I've seen Imprezas at the downtown Macleod Trail location that I walk by everyday.

08altima
04-04-2016, 02:58 PM
The reason I'm avoiding going the dealership demo route is because I don't want to buy new. I'm thinking to get a 2014. I know the rental companies will have 2015 and 2016's, but it should be close enough.

08altima
04-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Sounds like Budget is the place to call... Hopefully they don't give me the BS that they can't guarantee me a particular vehicle, only the class.

Stealth22
04-13-2016, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by 08altima
Sounds like Budget is the place to call... Hopefully they don't give me the BS that they can't guarantee me a particular vehicle, only the class.
They will give you that BS, because they can't guarantee a specific vehicle, ever. A rental location might have a particular model due back on a certain day...but they can't guarantee that the renter won't crash it on the way in, or return it late, or return it to another location.

Your best bet would be to talk to a manager at the location you plan to rent from. You don't care about getting a Subaru on a particular date, you just need to drive one at some point. So see if they can notify you when they have one on their lot.

killramos
04-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by 08altima

Which Budget location did you rent from?

Downtown, sorry didnt see the thread pop up again until now.

And lol CJ shows how much I know

heavyD
04-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Enterprise Rent a Car in Crowfoot had an Impreza last year when I rented from them. I ended up renting a Mini Cooper S but they also had BMW's as well.

killramos
04-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Enterprise Rent a Car in Crowfoot had an Impreza last year when I rented from them. I ended up renting a Mini Cooper S but they also had BMW's as well.

Enterprise has a ton of BMW's in Calgary due to a deal they made a year or 2 ago where Enterprise bought a ton of BMW's from the local dealer and now Calgary BMW and Gallery don't give out loaners and instead rent you an enterprise BMW for a flat rate.

So if you ever need to get a rental due to insurance or otherwise use them as you are very likely to get a BMW due to the sheer number of them they have.

When my brothers F-150 was T boned a year ago he got an x-drive 5 series from enterprise to drive around for near 3 months while his truck was being fixed and assessed.