PDA

View Full Version : launch at track question

szw
09-30-2002, 05:33 PM
Just wondering what the overall 1/4 mile difference will approximately be between the same car

a)launched at whatever you launch at (eg 3krpm)
b)started normally as you would in everyday driving (except a bit more agressively).

Of course it will be different for every car and every driver, but just wondering how big of a difference it makes.

GTS Jeff
09-30-2002, 06:17 PM
Well if you drive an AWD dsm, it makes a huge difference if you launch.

SmelltheRubber
09-30-2002, 08:08 PM
I think its always good to start at a bit higher rpm than normal driving. If you can avoid doing a peelout, then your time should be better than if you did a normal start.

szw
09-30-2002, 09:35 PM
Well thats obvious! I'm just wondering if its a huge difference like 1 or half a second, or if it was some piddly little number but people do it cuz its fun

ninjak84
09-30-2002, 09:38 PM
its a pretty big difference for me
just think of how much time is wasted while your wheels are spinning on the spot. you could be in motion already. i know with my ecsta supras, and RWD drivetrain, a good start can make the difference of about .5 to 1 second easily.

James
09-30-2002, 09:54 PM
The Track is SOOO slick at Race city! takes a little while to get use to it, thats for sure, It does Really depend on the Driver, and the Car, after a couple runs, you'll be able to figure out what should be best for your car. When i went a Couple weeks ago, i got in 8-9 runs, and somehow my 1st run was my Best!.....Im pretty sure i can do better on the Street, than what i did on the Track:dunno: ,

Once it stops Raining, i can actually test out my new G-Tech!:thumbsup: