PDA

View Full Version : Printing photo books

ZeroGravity
04-07-2016, 02:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for printing photo books. Not fancy binding, expensive ones. But relatively economical (<$100 for 50 pages?) but good quality printing, etc.

looking at some discounts available for KelbyOne or first time members:

mpix, bayphoto... shipping seems to be quite a bit from US.

RealJimmyJames
04-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Mixbook has worked for us.

msommers
04-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Good quality for 50 pages under $100? I'd love to find that.

Euro838
04-07-2016, 04:08 PM
I have been using Chatbooks. It's USD$8 for 30 pages/photos and then $1 for each additional 10 pages. So it's only USD$11 for 60 pages/photos. If you choose the slow shipping, then it does take a while for you to get it.

ZeroGravity
04-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Good quality for 50 pages under $100? I'd love to find that.

Just using it as a starting number to ask for recommendations / opinions. I suppose $100 could be USD.

mpix - 10"x10" premium panoramic matte book stock starts at 49.99 with 20 pages, and 75 cents per additional page. So 50 pages would be around 75... but shipping looks like is going to be $30.

I'm not sure if they're considered to be good quality or are they equivalent to shops like blacks.ca. My intended use for this is to print few photos from a small family wedding of my in-laws. No pros were hired.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Mitsu3000gt
04-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Artisan State's (now called Zno) "Lay Flat" books are a good value, and you get a discount for a first time customer.

http://www.zno.com/photo-book/layflat.html

C_Dave45
10-15-2016, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Artisan State's (now called Zno) &quot;Lay Flat&quot; books are a good value, and you get a discount for a first time customer.

http://www.zno.com/photo-book/layflat.html

I just ordered one of their photo books. They had a promo on Facebook. One free product, you just pay shipping, $10.

I thought it was worth a try. Sunday night I put one together. Placed the order. It was at the door YESTERDAY!!! :eek:

It was already made and picked up by shipping by Monday morning. All the way from China via DHL.

The quality was amazing! Super impressed. Will definitely order again.

Mitsu3000gt
10-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

I just ordered one of their photo books. They had a promo on Facebook. One free product, you just pay shipping, $10.

I thought it was worth a try. Sunday night I put one together. Placed the order. It was at the door YESTERDAY!!! :eek:

It was already made and picked up by shipping by Monday morning. All the way from China via DHL.

The quality was amazing! Super impressed. Will definitely order again.

Yeah their shipping is crazy fast, especially coming from China haha. No need to pay for their expedited shipping, from what I could tell it all comes the same method anyway.

Glad you're happy with it - the ones I've ordered have all been awesome and have held up really well. The pages are coated too so if you need to wipe off fingerprints you can.

Their current promos that regularly show up in my email pretty much take care of the exchange rate, so it's not bad.

The "flush mount" albums are the nicest, but the USD is a killer. (EDIT: Looks like they dropped their prices by around $80-$100, wow).