PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your supplements?

Teknix
04-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Hey peeps,

I've been buying my supplements from bodybuilding.com for a couple years now. I've only really compared prices with GNC and Popeyes. GNC is usually much more expensive and Popeyes usually a little more. Anyone have better websites and/or store fronts in cgy?

I usually buy:
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protien
C4 Pre Workout
BPI Sports Amino Acids or Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy
(Have creatine but think I'll stop using after this bottle)

R!zz0
04-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Costco or Planet Organic

ArjayAquino
04-11-2016, 09:36 AM
I used to buy from bodybuilding but the stupid exchange rate makes me not want to buy from there. So I go to samson's supplements. They do a big sale on the first tuesday of every month and the prices are actually pretty good. I've been buying Ultimate Nutrition Iso Sensation which goes for $85 on svn supplement (https://www.svncanada.com/product/1041/ultimate-nutrition-iso-sensation-93-5lb) but is $70 there.

jwslam
04-11-2016, 09:39 AM
2.2kg/5lb tub of Optimum

84.99 at BB
89.99 @ Canada Supplements

Site I use:
84.99 @ Vitamart.ca, buy 2 get $10 off. Also ships stupid fast because I think it's Edmonton. There's also ridiculous amounts of coupons that happen once a while if you are subscribed to their email. Think there's also a first time subscriber discount. There's also plenty of freebies (i think I have 4 of their shakers lol)

V6-BoI
04-11-2016, 09:46 AM
I used to go to Popeyes several years back. I bought my last round of supplements from Supplement King in Beacon Hill.

austic
04-11-2016, 09:49 AM
I normally weight till bodybuilding.com has a sale and buy 3-4 at a time to make it worth it. then just reorder at the next sale. tends to work out well.

Protein I just grab the combat powder at Costco and wait till the $10 coupon comes out. again every 3-4 months and buy a bunch at a time.

andyg16
04-11-2016, 10:16 AM
I always go to Samsons monthly sales and grab what I need, if I forget or run out of something before their sale then I check bodybuilding.
Also, can't go wrong with Combat Powder from Costco if you're running low on protein.. although I still prefer iso-sensation and try to stock up when Samsons has their sale.

adam c
04-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by andyg16
I always go to Samsons monthly sales and grab what I need, if I forget or run out of something before their sale then I check bodybuilding.
Also, can't go wrong with Combat Powder from Costco if you're running low on protein.. although I still prefer iso-sensation and try to stock up when Samsons has their sale.

Muscle Pharm is junk protein powder... look it up

I use a combination of bb.com, Popeyes and a new place I discovered called Reflex Supplements, they carry some items that I haven't found other places here

schocker
04-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Costco - Protein, fish oil, vitamins
BB.com - Pre-workout, multis

outsider
04-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Samson's for their monthly sale, or supplementsource.ca

sheik_yerbouti
04-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Amazon, but I only bother with creatine, and whey. For pre-workout I just pop a caffine tablet, which I also buy off amazon.

The_1
04-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Www.supplementsource.ca
They have 20% off your order during some long weekends

Kjonus
04-12-2016, 10:58 AM
I find svncanada.com has good prices if you wait for the sales and deals that you get emailed to you. Otherwise their regular prices can be a little pricey.

JordanEG6
04-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Onnit.com for althetic/cognitive performance. Not alot there for bulking/body building, but great for vitamins and supplements. And their hemp protein is delicious.

A little pricey at times, but they're stuff is very high quality IMO.

Teknix
05-03-2016, 09:20 AM
I plan on going to Samson's today for their "First Tuesday of the Month Sale".

I don't get off work until 6 PM so probably be there around 6:30-6:45. When do they close? And if they're open is the good stuff usually gone by the evening? Or do they have a shit ton of stock?

LadyLuck
05-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by adam c

Muscle Pharm is junk protein powder... look it up

I use a combination of bb.com, Popeyes and a new place I discovered called Reflex Supplements, they carry some items that I haven't found other places here

+1 for Reflex Supplements, owner is a cool guy and their prices are pretty fair.

Neil4Speed
05-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Teknix
I plan on going to Samson's today for their "First Tuesday of the Month Sale".

I don't get off work until 6 PM so probably be there around 6:30-6:45. When do they close? And if they're open is the good stuff usually gone by the evening? Or do they have a shit ton of stock?

I don't find this sale to be all that its hyped up to be. Its maybe comparative from a local seller, but not compared to online alternatives.

I'm about the same in that I wait for a sale from Costco/Bodybuilding.com, but lately my protein go to has been Canadian Protein. I'm convinced. Great pricing, and excellent flavorings.

http://www.canadianprotein.com/grass-fed-new-zealand-whey-protein-5lbs.html

HiSpec
06-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I don't find this sale to be all that its hyped up to be. Its maybe comparative from a local seller, but not compared to online alternatives.

I'm about the same in that I wait for a sale from Costco/Bodybuilding.com, but lately my protein go to has been Canadian Protein. I'm convinced. Great pricing, and excellent flavorings.

http://www.canadianprotein.com/grass-fed-new-zealand-whey-protein-5lbs.html

Is that protein reduced lactose? Their description doesn't mention about the lactose content.

duaner
08-31-2016, 07:00 PM
I usually go to fitshop.ca as they have 20% off sales now and then, typically around big holidays, like this weekend. The prices can be cheaper than most anything local, some things are cheaper than bodybuilding.com.

But based on this thread, my go-to protein is now going to be Canadian Protein. Ordered three protein samples and some other supplements. The proteins were great tasting--original chocolate, cappuccino, and chocolate milkshake--and mixed really well. At $80 for 11 lbs of whey concentrate (24g protein per 30g serving), I'm sold. :thumbsup:

adidas
09-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Next time you are Samson's, look at the expiration date of the product you plan on purchasing. More then likely it has expired or will expire in the next month. On a few occasions I found that they would try an wipe the date clean. I know that this was the case for ON Whey, can't comment about any of their other products.

flipstah
02-07-2017, 11:16 AM
So I'm running low on whey protein, and looking to replenish.

However, I've been reading on the different types of proteins and "Micellar Casein" stuck out and intrigued me.

Based on when I consume these shakes, primarily after a workout session, and first thing in the morning, slow-release proteins might be beneficial.

Thoughts?

shakalaka
02-07-2017, 11:25 AM
I use protein for the same purposes as you and I still like to stick to whey. I picked up couple boxes of Allmax whey from supplementscanada.com. Decent pricing and they sent me a whole bunch of Popeye's gear. That's a new workout t-shirt for me. Lol

bulaian
02-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by austic
I normally weight till bodybuilding.com has a sale and buy 3-4 at a time to make it worth it. then just reorder at the next sale. tends to work out well.

Protein I just grab the combat powder at Costco and wait till the $10 coupon comes out. again every 3-4 months and buy a bunch at a time.

BCAAs from Bodybuilding.com when they have Buy1Get1 half off

Combat Powder from Costco when they have $10
Vitamins, fish oil and bars from Costco

muffzz
02-13-2017, 01:10 PM
IMO Bodybuilding has the best prices when you buy in bulk. There are also several coupons to use ($5-10 off, 5%-10% off) and the shipping is fast too (under a week).

I've recently been going to supplement king as they always have deals going on and have a wide variety of supplements.

I was taking the Muscle pharm combat protein from Costco because of how cheap it was but have grown sick of the flavor. ON and Syntha 6 are the best tasting IMO.

Hallowed_point
02-13-2017, 01:39 PM
GNC is decent with the card. But I don't take any advice from their "experts." I would say Popeyes staff are generally more knowledgeable. More steroid users it seems :devil:

2Legit2Quit
02-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Pretty good deal on protein here:

https://ca.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10852500.html

Get two 5.5 lb bags of protein for $65 with code IWP55

Add a quantity of 2 to your basket, apply the code and you'll see the reduction.

$80 total with shipping. Good deal for 11 lbs of protein

I think if you spend over $120 you get free shipping....debating on whether I buy 22 lbs :nut:

edit - I bought 22 lbs haha, $129 shipped and I got a free chocolate advent calendar...woo...