PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti showing off at a local BMW meet (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

16hypen3sp
04-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Gives new meaning to the term "splitting lanes"

Footage caught on QEII near Red Deer.

https://www.facebook.com/1067TheDrive/videos/10154064278162970/?pnref=story

Sugarphreak
04-11-2016, 10:54 PM

JustinMCS
04-12-2016, 12:13 AM
That happened during our bmw meet to sylvan on Sunday. Guy knew some guys in the group and he decided to show off. Cops came and he's in trouble with a few tickets apparently. Admins banned the bmw drivers he was friends with. Crazy day

16hypen3sp
04-12-2016, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
That happened during our bmw meet to sylvan on Sunday. Guy knew some guys in the group and he decided to show off. Cops came and he's in trouble with a few tickets apparently. Admins banned the bmw drivers he was friends with. Crazy day

BMW Enthusiasts Alberta?

dj_rice
04-12-2016, 06:06 AM

On the Facebook group, Alberta Import, Euro, Performance Car Club I believe they found out which member was driving the Infiniti. I'm not gonna post up his Facebook but he works at a Calgary Nissan dealership in Sales. That probably won't be lasting long. A moment of showing off will last him lifetime

*Looks like it made it onto the CTV news now*

16hypen3sp
04-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Since it is all over numerous news sites on Facebook, the whole debate has really, REALLY shifted to the drivers in the left lane. Especially that blue BMW in front of the cam car that is pacing the vehicle to the right.

The blue beemer driver had this to say...

“I’ve never been lane split before,” she said Tuesday. “What if at that moment I decided to change lanes?

Isn't this kind of a dumb thing to say? If you decided to change lanes, then you would have hit the vehicle you were pacing at that moment...

http://globalnews.ca/news/2633496/watch-dangerous-driver-caught-on-dash-cam-along-albertas-qeii-highway/

dj_rice
04-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
Since it is all over numerous news sites on Facebook, the whole debate has really, REALLY shifted to the drivers in the left lane. Especially that blue BMW in front of the cam car that is pacing the vehicle to the right.

The blue beemer driver had this to say...

Isn't this kind of a dumb thing to say? If you decided to change lanes, then you would have hit the vehicle you were pacing at that moment...

http://globalnews.ca/news/2633496/watch-dangerous-driver-caught-on-dash-cam-along-albertas-qeii-highway/

There is a full video on Youtube that shows the before and a little bit after. The Infiniti eventually went on to cut a semi off driving on the shoulder to do it as well. The white BMW and blue BMW are a married couple.

vVCt8M5sAY8

But yeah as stated this shit is going crazy viral, all over radio and websites everywhere. Driver of Infiniti, prepare your anus.

adam c
04-12-2016, 09:52 PM
You can see cars in front of the blue bmw, if anything the white bmw was pacing the blue one

Anyways I hope the book gets thrown at this asshat and they are publicly shamed

16hypen3sp
04-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by adam c
You can see cars in front of the blue bmw, if anything the white bmw was pacing the blue one

Anyways I hope the book gets thrown at this asshat and they are publicly shamed

Yes, I know. I was just eluding to the fact that there was pacing involved. Something that happens on QEII far too often. And her comment about changing lanes was a little "out there."

shakalaka
04-12-2016, 10:39 PM
I hate people that drive on the left lane without moving over or taking over the car beside them. I don't think the car in left lane is wrong at all, he is in the slow lane. It's the left lane person's responsibility to either take over and move or slow down and get behind. One of my biggest peeves driving on QE2 that I see all the time.

And oh I absolutely hate the pricks that come up in the left lane and won't go ahead of you or fall back enough to allow you to change lanes if there is a slower car in front of you in the right lane. Then you either break your cruise and fall way back or gun it to get in front. Maybe I am short tempered when it comes to this stuff but wow I hate some of these assholes on the highways.

Of course doesn't excuse what the Infiniti guy did though. He's getting screwed cause of this.

Kloubek
04-12-2016, 10:57 PM
ok, that looks almost identical to my car. Swear to god it wasn't me.

Asshat.

ercchry
04-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Blue bmw runs ride hype fyi... Her posts on fb bother me

relyt92
04-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Daaang that was risky.

Originally posted by Kloubek
ok, that looks almost identical to my car. Swear to god it wasn't me.

Asshat. Was thinking there was someone on here who recently picked up one of the same colour lol. Not a whole lot of M's out there either.

Kloubek
04-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Nope. But I don't often travel north, and mine is pretty custom now. Looks noticeably different than in my sig. Waiting for one more mod before I take pics and revise.

You're right though. Since I've bought my car, I have yet to see another on the road in my colour. Its not a common car to begin with...

avishal26
04-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Not very often you will see an Infiniti driver that stands out as a douchebag while passing 2 BMWs :rofl:

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-13-2016, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
The white BMW and blue BMW are a married couple.

I'm fairly sure they're not married.

jaysas_63
04-13-2016, 09:56 AM
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?clipId=848178&binId=1.1201914&playlistPageNum=1

Guy is in a rush:rofl:

roopi
04-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Saw this on the news yesterday. The guy is an idiot.

Here is the full length video:

vVCt8M5sAY8

Kloubek
04-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Repost from the bad driver car cam thread.

#wuznme

EK 2.0
04-13-2016, 10:03 AM
#RIDEHYPE....

Sure he wasn't a part of their group....:rolleyes:

killramos
04-13-2016, 10:04 AM
There was an asshole in a Lexus (250 lol) pulling that shit last year when I went to the meet in RD.

I'm just not convinced anymore that there can be any kind of gathering of car enthusiasts without some bullshit going on.

Somehow they manage it in Europe or in the States with cars and coffee etc. but wtf is wrong with us up here?

:dunno:

NoPulp
04-13-2016, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by killramos

I'm just not convinced anymore that there can be any kind of gathering of car enthusiasts without some bullshit going on.

Somehow they manage it in Europe or in the States with cars and coffee etc. but wtf is wrong with us up here?

Agreed.
There was a group down here and for a couple months it was working really good. Then it just all fell apart... people stunting in parking lots and driving stupid in cruises... then people fighting on facebook... :banghead:

Why can't we have nice things?
Cars and coffee or cruises aren't complicated. Now I'm stuck going to fat old men in lawn chairs shows...

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-13-2016, 10:19 AM
There was an asshole in a Lexus (250 lol) pulling that shit last year when I went to the meet in RD.

I mean, we didn't have a mustang plow down a group of bystanders?

Mibz
04-13-2016, 10:23 AM
Nor did any Cops pepper spray motorcyclists. We're not unique in having retards ruin car meets.

you&me
04-13-2016, 10:24 AM
This just goes to confirm that the only thing douchy-er than a bunch of left-lane hogging BMWs are Infiniti drivers.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, people.

JustinMCS
04-13-2016, 10:25 AM
Nope. But I don't often travel north, and mine is pretty custom now. Looks noticeably different than in my sig. Waiting for one more mod before I take pics and revise.

You're right though. Since I've bought my car, I have yet to see another on the road in my colour. Its not a common car to begin with...

Is yours an M56X? This one was. 420HP beast, very uncommon. Usually only see the M37.

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

BMW Enthusiasts Alberta?

Yes, BMW Enthusiasts AB. Some BMWs were lumped in with people calling in but the calls were about the Infiniti. Lots of misinformation.

Originally posted by ercchry
Blue bmw runs ride hype fyi... Her posts on fb bother me

What about them bother you? That's interesting to say....

JustinMCS
04-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
#RIDEHYPE....

Sure he wasn't a part of their group....:rolleyes:

He came with some friends in a Red E46 M3. No one knew them and the admins banned the guy in the E46 M3. No one else was driving like that.

killramos
04-13-2016, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

As funny as the recent mustang viral sensation ( at least it has been recent for me ) is that is the exception rather than the rule.

I think its a culture difference up here for some reason. Like everyone has something to prove.

When I drive down in Phoenix there are 10 times as many cool, VERY fast cars driving around. None of them speeding, racing, reving up and down residential roads. The drivers arent just pensioners either. Cars and coffee is awesome to go to and no bullshit.

Here? I can barely drive within Edmonton city limits without leaving a 3 car buffer all around me because I know someone is going to try and go WOT and cut me off because they see 3 color stripes on my bootlid. Doesn't matter what car they are driving or how slow I am going. I don't have that problem so much in Calgary but perhaps its just that I don't hang out in the wrong places, because the local clubz manage to make the news often enough for some stupid stunt. Not to mention every semblance of a meet manages to get banned.

I 100% agree with the old man in lawnchairs meets. Maybe i should buy a Camaro.

Hallowed_point
04-13-2016, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by NoPulp
Why can't we have nice things?
Cars and coffee or cruises aren't complicated. Now I'm stuck going to fat old men in lawn chairs shows... Oh you must mean Corvette meets. Quick, let me pull out my sandwich board with factory specs to impress you young man.

Aleks
04-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by you&me
This just goes to confirm that the only thing douchy-er than a bunch of left-lane hogging BMWs are Infiniti drivers.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, people.

I was going to say from 20s in that vid to 45-50s it's clear there is lot of space for cars to move over to the right. Doesn't excuse the Infiniti move at all, but why camp on the left side like that?

88CRX
04-13-2016, 10:33 AM

http://i.imgur.com/LZdKrXe.jpg

JustinMCS
04-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

I was going to say from 20s in that vid to 45-50s it's clear there is lot of space for cars to move over to the right. Doesn't excuse the Infiniti move at all, but why camp on the left side like that?

I was there. It was a Sunday at noon. Left lane was slow going - lots of cars in front. They were definitely not lane hogging the left lane.

n1zm0
04-13-2016, 10:35 AM
That happened during our bmw meet to sylvan on Sunday.

That explains why there were so many modded beamers I followed from deerfoot to Macleod on Sunday.

Evo prec
04-13-2016, 10:38 AM
A brown guy named Kunal drives this same car and drives like an idiot everywhere, even has a sticker in the same spot on the bottom left side of the trunk and a chrome license plate frame that says VIP Elite on it, could be him :dunno:

Skyline_Addict
04-13-2016, 10:52 AM
oh, brother.

Hallowed_point
04-13-2016, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
I was going to say from 20s in that vid to 45-50s it's clear there is lot of space for cars to move over to the right. Doesn't excuse the Infiniti move at all, but why camp on the left side like that? I find it ironic how angry people get when you pass them like they're standing still. Get out of the left lane. It doesn't matter if some sask plate farmer is ahead of you. :banghead:

snowcat
04-13-2016, 11:03 AM

On the internet everything bothers everyone.

NoPulp
04-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Oh you must mean Corvette meets. Quick, let me pull out my sandwich board with factory specs to impress you young man.
:rofl:

Mustang meets aren't much better though. The higher the HP number from the veeee eight, the fatter the tires, the more "legitness". If that doesn't impress people, then you simply peel out of the parking lot and plow the crowd. :thumbsup: The official rules state 10 points a person, if its not caught on camera then no points will be awarded.

btimbit
04-13-2016, 11:12 AM

I was there. It was a Sunday at noon. Left lane was slow going - lots of cars in front. They were definitely not lane hogging the left lane.

Yeah, it was my first thought too, but if you look in the video you can see there's other vehicles in front of the BMW's. They're not hogging it

shakalaka
04-13-2016, 11:20 AM
What time was this cruise headed on QE2? I must have missed it somehow. I left Calgary around 12 noon towards Edmonton and only saw one silver BMW with a lone occupant in a 3 series (think it was the slowest model) driving like a complete lunatic and thinking he's in a super car, swerving left and right. I was in my car and I guess I could have 'showed' him but I wanted to prove the stereotypes about BMW's wrong. I cruised the whole way at 110-120, a new record for me.:D

88CRX
04-13-2016, 11:20 AM
And this is why large meets/cruises never work. Everyone bounces around passing their friends, snapping pics, cruising side by side in the left lane. They dont' want to get split up from the cruise buddies. People get fed up and do stupid shit when they get blocked in on the highway. Not to mention that highway is terrible for left lane hoggers at the best of times, adding a bunch of cars all 'driving together' does not help one bit.

With that said, Infiniti driver is a tool bag for pulling that stunt.

btimbit
04-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
And this is why large meets/cruises never work. Everyone bounces around passing their friends, snapping pics, cruising side by side in the left lane. They dont' want to get split up from the cruise buddies. People get fed up and do stupid shit when they get blocked in on the highway. Not to mention that highway is terrible for left lane hoggers at the best of times, adding a bunch of cars all 'driving together' does not help one bit.

Ugh, and why take a cruise on the QEII? That's the most boring, infuriating, stretch of road around here

Kloubek
04-13-2016, 11:34 AM

Is yours an M56X? This one was. 420HP beast, very uncommon. Usually only see the M37.

Nope. Mine's just the 37x. The 56x looks identical - are you basing your thoughts on the power it seems to have, or can you actually see the badge on the back? (Looked too fuzzy/grainy to me, but I watched the vid late at night)

btimbit
04-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Any idea what tickets he got Justin?

ercchry
04-13-2016, 11:38 AM

Clickbaiting other groups to visit her page mostly... Why? You two dating? :love:

Swank
04-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I wanted to prove the stereotypes about BMW's wrong. It would be easier to turn water into wine :angel:

sputnik
04-13-2016, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Swank
It would be easier to turn water into wine :angel:

Just add grapes and yeast... its not that hard.

Hallowed_point
04-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Totally. I'd say the worst offenders are the wannabe hells angels types on their HD's who try to hog the left lane on the highways. Good thing most of them have no top end.

Skyline_Addict
04-13-2016, 12:22 PM
Why did her face have to be imposed onto the news program? Seems like this is being used as an opportunity to self promote lol.

Hallowed_point
04-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
Why did her face have to be imposed onto the program? Seems like this is being used as an opportunity to self promote lol. naturally. Everyone wants their 31 seconds of e-fame.

Hallowed_point
04-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Swank
It would be easier to turn water into wine :angel: I believe that I saw our resident realtor in a BMW pull a highly dangerous u turn in his BMW around the Lincoln park area a few months ago. Didn't stop for a stop sign either.

Redlined_8000
04-13-2016, 12:30 PM
This whole thing was blown out of proportion by the blue BMW. I think she just likes the attention. Anyway that said the infiniti guy is a retarded douchebag. Pretty stupid move.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I believe that I saw our resident realtor in a BMW pull a highly dangerous u turn in his BMW around the Lincoln park area a few months ago. Didn't stop for a stop sign either.

You should put up a 5 minute youtube video, with a minute of text on screen.

Boosted_TL
04-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Similar thing happened on Saturday on a cruise with some of the same vehicles to Bragg Creek. Silver Lexus IS250 passing with another group (E39 M5 which was gorgeous and an SRT8) The E39 and SRT did nothing wrong but the IS wanted to keep up and literally forced the oncoming vehicle to slam on their brakes and move into THEIR shoulder lane to avoid collision.

If I wasn't with my wife and daughter I would have wrang his fucking neck at the ice cream joint in Bragg Creek. ZERO time or patience for fucks like this. That's how you ruin peoples lives with idiotic split second decisions like that.

You are probably on here and you know who you are :thumbsdow

Sentry
04-13-2016, 12:53 PM
I know which one I was. ☺

max_boost
04-13-2016, 01:39 PM
Glad no one got hurt lol but that's awesome, way to stir some shit up :nut:

Hallowed_point
04-13-2016, 01:40 PM

You should put up a 5 minute youtube video, with a minute of text on screen. nah..not necessary. Just wanted to throw some gas on the BMW driver stereotype.

Dalking
04-13-2016, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
This whole thing was blown out of proportion by the blue BMW. I think she just likes the attention. Anyway that said the infiniti guy is a retarded douchebag. Pretty stupid move. :werd: Well, she is famous now right?

max_boost
04-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Dalking
:werd: Well, she is famous now right? mission accomplished :D

Dalking
04-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
mission accomplished :D The 15 minutes will come and go.

phreezee
04-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Stay right, except to pass. That's all I have to say about this. :burnout:

JustinMCS
04-13-2016, 02:46 PM

Nope. Mine's just the 37x. The 56x looks identical - are you basing your thoughts on the power it seems to have, or can you actually see the badge on the back? (Looked too fuzzy/grainy to me, but I watched the vid late at night)

I was there when this happened. It had the M56X badge on the rear.

Originally posted by btimbit
Any idea what tickets he got Justin?

On the day this happened, he apparently left with a dangerous driving. News reports say that he has charges pending, so either they are talking about the dangerous driving or insinuating there are more coming. They say the police didn't see the video until after, but it was shown to the two cops at Sylvan. :dunno:

Originally posted by ercchry

Clickbaiting other groups to visit her page mostly... Why? You two dating? :love:

LOL nope. She seems nice, so I don't get your comments about her posts :)

JustinMCS
04-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
What time was this cruise headed on QE2? I must have missed it somehow. I left Calgary around 12 noon towards Edmonton and only saw one silver BMW with a lone occupant in a 3 series (think it was the slowest model) driving like a complete lunatic and thinking he's in a super car, swerving left and right. I was in my car and I guess I could have 'showed' him but I wanted to prove the stereotypes about BMW's wrong. I cruised the whole way at 110-120, a new record for me.:D

Departed Cross Iron Mills at 10:30 -> Arrived at Sylvan at 12:00 Noon.

So that 3er definitely wasn't with us lol - or he was late to the meet and tried to catch up :nut:

btimbit
04-13-2016, 02:57 PM

On the day this happened, he apparently left with a dangerous driving. News reports say that he has charges pending, so either they are talking about the dangerous driving or insinuating there are more coming. They say the police didn't see the video until after, but it was shown to the two cops at Sylvan. :dunno:

Wow, that's a pretty serious one. Dangerous Driving is a criminal charge I think, so maybe that's what they meant by pending.

shakalaka
04-13-2016, 03:11 PM

Departed Cross Iron Mills at 10:30 -> Arrived at Sylvan at 12:00 Noon.

So that 3er definitely wasn't with us lol - or he was late to the meet and tried to catch up :nut:

Ah that's too bad. I missed it then. Would have been fun randomly running into so many BMW's. Everyone would have thought I was with the cruise lol. Although at the same time, idiots like the Infiniti driver ruin it for everyone.

mzdspd
04-13-2016, 03:11 PM
I don't know how you can charge dangerous driving (criminal) if the police didnt witness and charge on the spot.

I heard it was careless driving and unsafe lane change (global news).

btimbit
04-13-2016, 03:16 PM
That would make a lot more sense. Dangerous driving is usually used when there's a fatality I think

rx7boi
04-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Too bad blue BMW driver didn't keep her GTR. She coulda shown him a thing or two. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

civic_stylez
04-13-2016, 03:30 PM
eo1Gj7dFQrs

J.M.
04-13-2016, 04:51 PM
^ :rofl:

aaronck
04-15-2016, 11:53 AM
Charged (and probably fired)

https://twitter.com/NewsTalk770/status/721009720862056448

Skyline_Addict
04-15-2016, 11:57 AM
ughhh. he works where I serviced my GT-R recently. hope it wasn't taken for a joy ride by him.

XylathaneGTR
04-15-2016, 12:07 PM
That would make a lot more sense. Dangerous driving is usually used when there's a fatality I think
yes, it's a criminal charge and no, it is not used exclusively when there is a fatality...but you really gotta fuck up to face the charge.

btimbit
04-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

yes, it's a criminal charge and no, it is not used exclusively when there is a fatality...but you really gotta fuck up to face the charge.

Looks like that was what he got too. Can't say I'm upset to see that.

Sugarphreak
04-15-2016, 01:41 PM

killramos
04-15-2016, 01:43 PM
^ Kid bought a new 400 HP infiniti while working for a car dealer. How poor could he be?

He 100% deserves the criminal charge. Fuck 'em.

btimbit
04-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Yeah you would think that'd be fairly easy for a lawyer to drop to just a careless driving, but I hope that doesn't happen, fuck him

01RedDX
04-15-2016, 01:52 PM

killramos
04-15-2016, 01:52 PM
If what he did doesn't constitute dangerous driving then i don't know what does.

Its not like he was chatting with some buddies, looked at his phone slipped on the pedal and accidentally split those two cars. That would be careless.

What he did was intentional and very dangerous. If he had knicked one of the two cars with how busy that road was I guarantee at least 5 cars in the ditch. Maybe more. Wasn't there a semi right behind them? Easily could have been a death.

Cocky prick got lucky imo.

Also remember this is all over the media. Government won't want egg on their face if this guy gets off with a slap on the wrist when they have grounds for a sucker punch to the gut.

Hallowed_point
04-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
That's a nice pic of InRich. Ha! He's not that old is he? Where's the tool belt if so? :D

mzdspd
04-15-2016, 02:56 PM
I don't think this will stick. Unless he admitted he was driving, all they have is his car on a video. That is their evidence and the witnesses (if they go to court).

How can you charge someone criminally when you have no proof they were driving. I think it'll be a fine and that is it. Just like photo radar, they cannot prove who was driving so you get a ticket.

Hallowed_point
04-15-2016, 03:07 PM
If what he did doesn't constitute dangerous driving then i don't know what does.

Its not like he was chatting with some buddies, looked at his phone slipped on the pedal and accidentally split those two cars. That would be careless.

What he did was intentional and very dangerous. If he had knicked one of the two cars with how busy that road was I guarantee at least 5 cars in the ditch. Maybe more. Wasn't there a semi right behind them? Easily could have been a death.

Cocky prick got lucky imo.

Also remember this is all over the media. Government won't want egg on their face if this guy gets off with a slap on the wrist when they have grounds for a sucker punch to the gut. Totally agreed. It's amazing that no one panicked and swerved to the center. This was extremely close to a multiple collision with fatalities imo.

revelations
04-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by mzdspd
I don't think this will stick. Unless he admitted he was driving, all they have is his car on a video. That is their evidence and the witnesses (if they go to court).

How can you charge someone criminally when you have no proof they were driving. I think it'll be a fine and that is it. Just like photo radar, they cannot prove who was driving so you get a ticket.

There was a big meetup in Sylvan and the RCMP were phoned in because of this nubtron. Im guessing with enough witnesses stating that the offender was behind the wheel, hes SOL.

mzdspd
04-15-2016, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by revelations

There was a big meetup in Sylvan and the RCMP were phoned in because of this nubtron. Im guessing with enough witnesses stating that the offender was behind the wheel, hes SOL.

Yeah but wouldn't the witness' have to show up to the court date? (correct me if I am wrong here)

mzdspd
04-15-2016, 03:21 PM
I am interested to here how this turns out.. Because the dash cam footage and the witnesses are the evidence.
So if the witnesses do not show, can he be charged criminally? Or will it be downgraded to a traffic violation..

Interesting to see.

NoPulp
04-15-2016, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by revelations

There was a big meetup in Sylvan and the RCMP were phoned in
I thought I read someone say the RCMP were near by and heard the argument or something when the group stopped?

I could totally be wrong about that though.

sillysod
04-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Evo prec
A brown guy named Kunal drives this same car and drives like an idiot everywhere, even has a sticker in the same spot on the bottom left side of the trunk and a chrome license plate frame that says VIP Elite on it, could be him :dunno:

"JUST IN: @RCMPAlberta charge Kunal Anand, 20, w/ dangerous operation of a motor vehicle following incident on QEII."

btimbit
04-15-2016, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp

I thought I read someone say the RCMP were near by and heard the argument or something when the group stopped?

I could totally be wrong about that though.

I heard the RCMP was called by the group and they met them at the scheduled meeting point

NoPulp
04-15-2016, 03:55 PM

I heard the RCMP was called by the group and they met them at the scheduled meeting point
Maybe that's what it was. I remember thinking it was weird how RCMP just happened to be near by.

BavarianBeast
04-15-2016, 04:18 PM
RCMP came by as Kumar was about to be dragged and beaten out of his car :rofl:

dj_rice
04-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by sillysod

"JUST IN: @RCMPAlberta charge Kunal Anand, 20, w/ dangerous operation of a motor vehicle following incident on QEII."

LOL so it was him. Guess he won't be working at Sunridge Nissan anymore.

avishal26
04-15-2016, 06:26 PM
I think a criminal charge is probably a bit excessive in this case... I have seen much worse on the car-cam bad drivers thread. A hefty fine and maybe a suspension is in order though for sure ...

I think this is way more dangerous...

Originally posted by flipstah
I know we laugh at silly drivers, but this is just dangerous.

On an errand run with my parents and this shit pops up on my dash,

nlOszsF4mm0

Blue Lexus IS
*maybe* BSF-9982

Pedestrians, oncoming traffic, etc....

ShermanEF9
04-15-2016, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by avishal26
I think a criminal charge is probably a bit excessive in this case... I have seen much worse on the car-cam bad drivers thread. A hefty fine and maybe a suspension is in order though for sure ...

I think this is way more dangerous...

Pedestrians, oncoming traffic, etc....

it doesn't matter if this is MORE dangerous. what he did was completely retarded and fully deserves criminal charges.

revelations
04-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by mzdspd
I am interested to here how this turns out.. Because the dash cam footage and the witnesses are the evidence.
So if the witnesses do not show, can he be charged criminally? Or will it be downgraded to a traffic violation..

Interesting to see.

Mr. ANAND has every right to question the witnesses if this goes to trial but a witness statement is all that's usually needed. The witnesses will be subpoenaed if they need to attend court. Been there done that.

Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle is not normally a charge that's thrown on someone (unless they are involved in a police chase for eg.) but clearly Mr. ANAND has a huge history of motor vehicle offenses or b) pissed off the RCMP pretty good with his story and actions, post incident. Im sure the meet group also had a lot to say to the RCMP.

Apparently, according to witnesses, Mr. ANAND thought that what he did was "cool" and was surprised at the reaction he got. His chat with the RCMP was probably equally as ignorant.

revelations
04-15-2016, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Evo prec

There is the answer regarding his previous driving history.

Sugarphreak
04-15-2016, 09:13 PM

JohnnyHockey
04-15-2016, 09:23 PM
^ the cheapest Infiniti right now is the Q50 starting at $37,500?! :dunno:

The one in the video looks like an previous gen M35 or M56...not that expensive a car that a 20 year old living at home could afford with a steady entry level job...

Sugarphreak
04-15-2016, 09:25 PM

JohnnyHockey
04-15-2016, 09:26 PM
Just did the financing on their website, WOW, didn't know Infiniti did 84 months, good to know for future reference, the base RWD Q50 comes in at $218 biweekly taxes included! :thumbsup:.....this guy's stunt could've just brought Infiniti a few new customers :rofl:

Sugarphreak
04-15-2016, 09:28 PM