PDA

View Full Version : Recomend me an Arborist to deal with bug/tree issues

88CRX
04-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Have had some issues with trees in my yard the last couple years and I'd like to resolve the issues this year.

1 - Leaf miner eating up and destroying my Birch tree leaves (looks like its dying every year).

2- Aphid infestation in my columnar aspens which then turns into a wasp infestation as they feast on the aphids.

Anyone have any recommendation for a good arborist or any experience with these two issues?

Waldi
04-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Have had some issues with trees in my yard the last couple years and I'd like to resolve the issues this year.

1 - Leaf miner eating up and destroying my Birch tree leaves (looks like its dying every year).

2- Aphid infestation in my columnar aspens which then turns into a wasp infestation as they feast on the aphids.

Anyone have any recommendation for a good arborist or any experience with these two issues?

I can elaborate on leaf miner issue, but for #2 there is an easy solution, buy yourself insecticide soap container that can attach to garden hose and spray it for about week on every other day. In addition, see if there are any ant hills around, and they are active on your aspens, if yes, reverse duck tape and wrap it around the trunk of the tree (sticky side up) to prevent and to care for aphids. I had an arborist providing this solution for my problem tree and tree health improved dramatically.