PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Wall?

nzwasp
04-15-2016, 08:30 AM
I just accepted a new job that requires me to work from home, and I would like to make my fixed office part of my basement where I currently have a computer and desk setup near the electrical panel. Being unfinished its the only place near enough to the router and all the power ports. Only problem is that the furnace, water tank is also right next to that part of the basement. Has anyone built a temporary wall in their unfinished basement for this same purpose?

I guess I'm also thinking that it wont just be noisy down there its going to be fucking cold due to the air conditioning in the summer.

My coworker suggested I just put up a horizontal pole and drape my sleeping bags over it to block some of the noise, I guess I will need to test this theory. I was thinking some temporary framing and plywood or something would be more effective.

mix123
04-15-2016, 08:34 AM
Dude...extension cords...long LAN cable. Don't try and setup an office right beside your furnace and water heater...

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Listen to mix. Why the hell would you make your office the busiest corner of your undeveloped basement?

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54889070.jpg

GQBalla
04-15-2016, 09:11 AM
not sure if Serious

nzwasp
04-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Guess Im going be buying a cheap switch and a 50 ft cable.