PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a bolt

G-ZUS
04-15-2016, 12:54 PM
Where can I get a 18x18, grade 8 bolt? BMW Dealer wants $8 for 1 :nut: Autovalue/Partsource don't have. It's for my upper strut to hub.

My car has the one on the right, need the one on the left to give me a little camber adjustment

gretz
04-15-2016, 01:11 PM
Calgary Fasteners would be my first choice

Fastenall, triad fasteners, bolt supply house work as well

BerserkerCatSplat
04-15-2016, 10:38 PM
I think Triad sadly went out of business a few years ago. Calgary Fasteners is probably your best bet, but you will run into a minimum purchase limit of ~$5.

Darell_n
04-16-2016, 12:31 AM
Blackfoot Industrial Supply. Can't remember the gal's name there but she is great to deal with for metric oddities. (your bolt is not one)

Redlined_8000
04-16-2016, 12:59 AM
Go buy it at BMW for $8? Unless you need like 10 of them, but its just camber adjustment so I guess you only need 2 or 4 max.

M.alex
04-16-2016, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
Go buy it at BMW for $8? Unless you need like 10 of them, but its just camber adjustment so I guess you only need 2 or 4 max.

This. is your time really worth less than $20?

Also, you'll probably need to buy a longer bolt and cut it - I don't think bolts that short in length will have the shank length as the original (i.e., the new bolt will be all thread, and you don't want something like a rod end or bushing to be sitting on the threads)

roll_over
04-16-2016, 11:33 AM
Ask them if they can do any better then that on the price some times they will

btimbit
04-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

This. is your time really worth less than $20?

Also, you'll probably need to buy a longer bolt and cut it - I don't think bolts that short in length will have the shank length as the original (i.e., the new bolt will be all thread, and you don't want something like a rod end or bushing to be sitting on the threads)

This. If it's not urgent then try online, I don't think this is something worth running around town for

G-ZUS
04-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Definately not going to run around town for it lol. Ill try calgary fasteners - looks like it's right beside my work. if they dont have it then i will order online. I actually need 2 of the bolts and nuts for them. 16 bucks for 2 bolts, 4 bucks a nut and 4 washers at $3/each. :nut:

Bmw is on the other side of town, has to bring it in so they want pre-payment which im not going to make 2 trips across town for some bolts and nuts lol.