PDA

View Full Version : Free to good home: 84" 4K TV (Parts)

SportTwin
04-19-2016, 08:38 AM
Yeah, you read that right, I have most of the parts for a 84" 4K TV (SMART SBID-8084i) that I was going to assemble and I found that I just don't have time to do the project. The project was to put it together and build it into the wall of my home theater.

Bring a friend and a truck because this thing is big. I'll post some pics tonight of the parts. There is a scuff on the screen, but I don't think its a big deal to polish out. There's a printout of the basic interconnects to go with it so you can assemble everything on your own. I will not be helping; unfortunately I didn't have time to do it myself, so I'm not going to have time to do it for anyone else.

This definitely isn't lego, but if you're technical and want a project with a potentially big payout at the end , this is probably a good bet, and the price is right. I haven't looked around, but I suspect that with part numbers you will be able to find all of the parts on ebay. Oh, I almost forgot this is originally a SMART board so if you go all the way through with it, it'll be a touch screen too, so theoretically you could play angry birds on it :)

This is for pickup only. I'm located in Cochrane, and do not have a truck to move or deliver this. If I don't have any takers in a week, I'll see about recycling it.

PM me if you are interested.

Yes, it's really free, I just don't want to warehouse it any more.

jltabot
04-19-2016, 09:32 AM
PM'd

Asian_defender
04-19-2016, 09:39 AM
second in line!

SportTwin
04-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Wow, lots of interest! I guess I won't need to update those photos after all.

Three people currently in line for this one, I'll update the posting if it's still available.

thanks everybody.

topsecret
04-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Ill take it if theres a chance all these ppl flake (not likely)

SportTwin
04-19-2016, 07:18 PM
Thanks everybody for all of the interest. The tv is now gone.

jltabot
08-27-2016, 12:01 PM
bump

Life got in the way and I haven't been able to do much with this project. Spoke to my contact at Smart and was told that this is an older model for which parts are getting harder to find. If you're more resourceful than I am and have the time, it's yours.

I will give you everything I received, yes it's still free.

Cheers.

TV is now located in Saddleridge.

eglove
08-27-2016, 12:37 PM
Is there a list of whats needed to complete it? or is that research that I would have to do?

jltabot
08-27-2016, 03:39 PM
there is a list, but it still appears to be incomplete so further research is needed.

SportTwin
08-30-2016, 08:31 AM
I have one more part for this unit that I found while cleaning up my lab - the OPS 'dock' (if I can call it that - its a metal chassis with the OPS connection header). If you want to install an OPS module with a computer for built in smartboard operation this is what you need. I completely forgot I even had it.

Anyways, whoever picks up the parts can PM me to arrange a time if they want to pick up this part up. And before anyone asks, no I don't have a complete list of parts other than a connection diagram provided with the original parts.

jltabot
11-04-2016, 02:29 PM
gone!

Zero102
11-29-2016, 07:46 AM
Pics of what is included? What do you think would be the cost to finish building it?
I've done a lot of monitor repair and computer building along with basic electronics work (PCB design and assembly) - would I have a hope of getting it together?