PDA

View Full Version : Where to get trees? Looking for Swedish Columnar Aspens.

ExtremeSi
04-19-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm looking at getting 2 or 3 Swedish Columnar Aspen trees. Where is the best place to go in or around the city? I've heard some places also offer 1 or 2 year warranties which could be nice.

OU812
04-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Costco.....they sell out very quick but are super cheap. I think 39.

Go to Costco and ask when they are coming in and show up then.

88CRX
04-19-2016, 02:03 PM
Beaver Dam Nursery just south of the City. Cost depends on size of pot you buy. Don't bother buying too big cause they grow so damn fast (2-3' per year or more).

Asian_defender
04-19-2016, 02:11 PM
I use Calgaryplants.com
less than 20 bucks to have it delivered to your door

Shane@GoldRush
04-19-2016, 02:11 PM
We sell and install trees. What size were you looking for? We still aren't planting for a couple of weeks though.

ExtremeSi
04-19-2016, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by OU812
Costco.....they sell out very quick but are super cheap. I think 39.

Go to Costco and ask when they are coming in and show up then.
Great. I may end up going there when I'm ready. I love Costco.

Originally posted by 88CRX
Beaver Dam Nursery just south of the City. Cost depends on size of pot you buy. Don't bother buying too big cause they grow so damn fast (2-3' per year or more).
That's what I was thinking. Good to know.

Originally posted by Asian_defender
I use Calgaryplants.com
less than 20 bucks to have it delivered to your door
I like the idea of delivery, but I don't like the idea of not choosing my own tree.

Originally posted by Shane@GoldRush
We sell and install trees. What size were you looking for? We still aren't planting for a couple of weeks though.
Not sure what size exactly. Maybe 8'? Maybe more. Depends on the cost. Why aren't you planting yet? Is it still too early? I am very new when it comes to trees.

OU812
04-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi

Great. I may end up going there when I'm ready. I love Costco.

Just get them and keep them in the pots for a couple of weeks. If you wait till long they will be gone till next year. Thats the suck of Costco they only carry for a short interval.

nj2Type-S
04-19-2016, 03:40 PM

i'd be highly interested if there would be a group buy on beyond! i'm looking at 4-5 aspens.

lilmira
04-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Interested in getting a few as well. Don't really care much about shapes and sizes, they will be all different in a few years anyway.

nytrydr89
04-19-2016, 03:56 PM

i am interested in having 6-8 of these planted the taller the better in my backyard rough cost? pm me

asp integra
04-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Theres a really nice garden place just west of town off 17th ave on lower spring bank road, great spot and they have a lot to choose from

'93 SR-V
04-19-2016, 10:21 PM
Pidgeon tree farms south of the city by Dewinton was far cheaper than the nurseries when we bought our aspens. The only thing is that you have to call ahead to come view (I don't think retail is s big part of what they do).

94CoRd
04-25-2016, 01:43 PM

What type of trees do you have available, Shane?