PDA

View Full Version : Car parts buying - feedback needed! (EK 2.0 Approved)

Canmorite
04-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to sort through and organize the mess that is used aftermarket and used OEM car parts buying. I’m a huge sports car nut and have bought and sold numerous parts online, but it usually takes me hours of searching on eBay, Kijiji, craigslist, car forums and others to find the part plus all the communication time.

For example: it's likely that there's a used front lip for my E92M3 for sale somewhere but I just can’t locate it. If I do find it, it's usually after hours of searching online, I don't know the buyer, there's very little info available on the item and it's really far away. My friends and I find all find this to be such a pain, so I'm attempting to fix it.

To do this, I’m looking for feedback on how other enthusiasts buy and sell used aftermarket and used OEM parts. Your feedback in the survey will be very helpful in working towards building a solution.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9RJZVZD

If you have any questions or additional feedback, please post below and I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it!

-Sheldon

EK 2.0
04-21-2016, 09:47 PM
Done and done...hope the community here can help you gather the data and ideas you need and are looking for!!...:thumbsup:

HiSpec
04-21-2016, 10:02 PM
Done!

jacky4566
04-21-2016, 10:04 PM
Your link is broken. Got a bold comment in the middle:

<a href="http://https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9RJZVZD" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><b>https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9RJZVZD</b></a>

Good luck guys.

My best suggestion is any proposed system needs lots of categories and filters. IE Summitracing.com.

Payment is never a problem. Usually paypal for their refunds. Bitcoins would be cool but for the love of god dont make it ABOUT bitcoin. Just make it an option with no fuss.

Pictures of the actual thing should be MANDATORY.

Canmorite
04-21-2016, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566
Your link is broken. Got a bold comment in the middle:

Good luck guys.

My best suggestion is any proposed system needs lots of categories and filters. IE Summitracing.com.

Payment is never a problem. Usually paypal for their refunds. Bitcoins would be cool but for the love of god dont make it ABOUT bitcoin. Just make it an option with no fuss.

Crap, thanks for pointing that out! Fixed.

It will not be about bitcoin at all, although that is an interesting and growing payment method. Appreciate the feedback!

Stephen81
04-22-2016, 07:14 AM
Great idea, I'd like if it required sellers to complete specific fields (categories) about the item they're selling so you aren't having to spend additional time corresponding to clarify information that should have been in the original item description.

Canmorite
04-23-2016, 12:34 PM
I've had a bunch of people fill out the survey, so thanks to all you lurkers who took the time! Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Originally posted by jacky4566

Another note is that I would likely be integrating existing payment options-no need to reinvent the wheel with another method of payment. Paypal has a great refund policy and other buyer protections as well.

The filters on Summitracing.com are great and searching is a breeze. I want this functionality to be present for used items but the market is too fragmented currently.

I am looking to incorporate users photos, as well as pulling OEM photos from the manufacturer, as many people may not have access to a great camera, professional lighting, photoshop, etc. Thanks for the feedback!

Originally posted by Stephen81
Great idea, I'd like if it required sellers to complete specific fields (categories) about the item they're selling so you aren't having to spend additional time corresponding to clarify information that should have been in the original item description.

That's another huge pain point, the lack of information in ads is too common and makes searching a real pain. Proper classification will require big detail! Thanks for the feedback on that point.

EK 2.0
04-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

I am looking to incorporate users photos, as well as pulling OEM photos from the manufacturer, as many people may not have access to a great camera, professional lighting, photoshop, etc. Thanks for the feedback!

Potential issue I see that may arise with pulling pictures from the manufacturer is items may not be in the condition advertised because users might be able to hide behind the fact you are using pics of a new item...So, maybe a mix of both user uploaded snaps and a pic of a new one...:dunno:

Canmorite
04-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Potential issue I see that may arise with pulling pictures from the manufacturer is items may not be in the condition advertised because users might be able to hide behind the fact you are using pics of a new item...So, maybe a mix of both user uploaded snaps and a pic of a new one...:dunno:

For sure. It would clearly have to state which is the user photo, versus which is a photo from the manufacturer. Don't want any misrepresentation involved. Would definitely need photos from the seller though.

jacky4566
04-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Western Subaru enforces actually pictures of the item for sale. Nothing less. Works really well to cut down on lazy sellers and scams.