PDA

View Full Version : Cadillic CT6

KPHMPH
04-24-2016, 08:49 AM
So I had the opportunity to take some training on this car last week and holy moly, this things is incredible.

34 Bose Panaray speaker system for amazing sound! AWD with magnetic ride and 4 wheel steering, this is going to be ridiculous.
This full size car has cut weight down so much it can stop just as fast as a ZO6 and Porsche. I'm excited to get one of these at the dealership to see how it sells!

http://www.caranddriver.com/cadillac/ct6

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016-Cadillac-CT6-Platinum-AWD-119-876x535.jpg

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016-Cadillac-CT6-Platinum-AWD-116-876x535.jpg

03ozwhip
04-24-2016, 09:43 AM
That shifter :barf:

Buster
04-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Do you work at a GM dealer?

I might be looking to upgrade my current V to the new one sometime. Although no wagon, so I'm a bit torn.

dirtsniffer
04-24-2016, 10:58 AM
Know what the worst thing about Cadillac that no new model can fix? Having to deal with low brow gm sales and service. Premium brands require a premium dealer experience.

speedog
04-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Know what the worst thing about Cadillac that no new model can fix? Having to deal with low brow gm sales and service. Premium brands require a premium dealer experience.

Now you've peaked my curiosity, what exactly does one expect in a premium dealer experience?

Please provide straight up answers about what you expect (maybe even deserve?) and not diss other brands that don't provide what you're expecting.

Buster
04-24-2016, 11:14 AM

Overall, you are right. More on the sales side, than the service side. Although you have to find the right people to deal with the in the service department. But the sales experience is in a weird 70's timewarp.

I'm no fan of the Germans when it comes to the service side, either. BMW, Mercedes, whatever.

Best service I've had at any dealership was James at GSL...but he's gone now.

Still, I would rather Caddy had standalone dealerships. I'm snobby and don't like having to share a garage with a Cruz.

dirtsniffer
04-24-2016, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by speedog

Now you've peaked my curiosity, what exactly does one expect in a premium dealer experience?

Please provide straight up answers about what you expect (maybe even deserve?) and not diss other brands that don't provide what you're expecting.

Why would I need to explain it to you? Companies like, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and now Hyundai are clear examples of how consumers have this preference.

Zhariak
04-24-2016, 12:24 PM
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

dirtsniffer
04-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Cause you had a great experience with GM service with a 100k SUV? I don't get your post.

Zhariak
04-24-2016, 12:54 PM

Cause you had a great experience with GM service with a 100k SUV? I don't get your post.

Just posted the first emotion that came to mind...

I still stay updated and regularly read all the CadillacForums on the new gen vehicles, just pure facepalm....

01RedDX
04-24-2016, 01:02 PM

KPHMPH
04-24-2016, 01:52 PM
I work at GM yeah.

I'm going to have to agree with the service issue with GM as well.

Cadillac is going in a new direction where they are forcing GM dealers to segregate caddilic away from the other brands to force better service. The biggest issue I had when owning my caddy was the same guy was working on a Cruze as my SUV. At the end of the day you guys will see a huge shift in where caddilic is going with their product and service.

01RedDX
04-24-2016, 01:58 PM

JustinMCS
04-24-2016, 02:03 PM

x2 so true. same with lincoln/ford

jutes
04-24-2016, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Looks like a throttle grip from a fighter jet. :rofl:

corsvette
04-24-2016, 02:12 PM
My in laws just ordered a CT6 platinum last week. They already have a 16 Escalade ESV. I can't wait to drive the CT6, sure liked it at the auto show.

I do agree they really need to do something about the dealers. Jack Carters seem about the best for Caddy service and sales. They could definitely learn from Lexus, from all I've heard the service there in fantastic. It'll be interesting if Hyundai/Infiniti will go with stand alone dealers, ultimately I think that's what the new luxury brands should do, Cadillac included.

All in all I've heard the most nightmare lemon/service stories from BMW. I think half the time the technicians have no idea how to fix some of these complicated systems in new cars.

Buster
04-24-2016, 02:16 PM
Lexus service is fantastic, but the product is not. Pound for pound, Cadillac is delivering some of the best cars on the road. And Lexus is delivering Toyotas with leather packages.

Personally, I'd rather put my money towards the car, than towards a latte machine,

GM had an enormous dealer network, so it would have been hard to justify building out a new one. Toyota never had this problem when they launched Lexus.

01RedDX
04-24-2016, 02:29 PM

FixedGear
04-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

That interior in general. :barf: looks 25 years old.

ercchry
04-24-2016, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Buster
Lexus service is fantastic, but the product is not. Pound for pound, Cadillac is delivering some of the best cars on the road. And Lexus is delivering Toyotas with leather packages.

Personally, I'd rather put my money towards the car, than towards a latte machine,

GM had an enormous dealer network, so it would have been hard to justify building out a new one. Toyota never had this problem when they launched Lexus.

:rofl:

Yeah, okay

Xtrema
04-24-2016, 05:03 PM
Engineering? Cadillac delivers.

Attention to details? Improved but they are not as good as Germans. The fact that the Cue screen has rainbow glare when you where sun glasses is annoying. Cheap fish price grade plastic overhead console is also very off putting in a luxury brand, especially for something with $50K starting price.

Dealership, experience, they need to separate it from Chevy and other brands. Nothing say cheap when you walk in and has radio DJs broadcasting from the dealership.

Worse of all, GM lease residual has been horrible. The ATS deal a week or so back was great but you are looking at 30% or less after 48 months, and I thought 40+% of Audi was bad.

That said, I'm impressed with CT6 from a technical perspective and the fact that they can have such a large sedan for under 3900lbs.

speedog
04-24-2016, 07:38 PM

I would bet that there's still a few Pontiac/GMC dealership buildings still lying around that could be had for a song and a bit. Just north of Heritage on Macleod, another further south on Macleod in the Midnapore area, the old Jack Carter place on Macleod and Glenmore.

Mitsu3000gt
04-24-2016, 08:43 PM
The CT6 at the car show was not very impressive considering the $100K price tag on that particular model. The media screens in it were atrocious as well. It wouldn't even be on my radar if I had $100k to spend, but I get that it appeals to a different crowd. No V8 option either.

My dad is shopping for a retirement present though, and I'll be driving an ATS-V and CTS-V this week to see if they live up to any of the hype. Funny we were in the Lexus dealership on the weekend too and I felt like I went back in time to the 70's :rofl: The decor, yellow lighting, salespeople, service, etc. Not bad necessarily, just not my style haha.

Buster
04-25-2016, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Not a fair assessment, Cadillac is delivering Chevys with leather packages too, if you want to get technical. All manufacturers share chassis platforms across brands.

Which Toyota is like the RC-F or the GS-F or the LC? Even the ES is no longer a badge-engineered Camry and is closer to the Avalon mechanically.

You can't seriously compare initial quality, fit/finish and long-term reliability either. Lexus wins that hands down.

I'm glad the ES is getting an update, because that car was the most cynical piece of badge engineering on the road.

I'm not sure if there is a distinction with the new modular "platforms" like the new VAG products (MBQ?). But yes Cadillac is also going back in that direction. Maybe it's a good thing as the new platforms are all good enough to use for luxury cars.

The Escalade, obviously, is badge engineered (and possibly a worse offender than the ES). The equinox/CT5.

GM's new Alpha platform seems to underpin a number of cars.

:dunno:

Buster
04-25-2016, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Engineering? Cadillac delivers.

Attention to details? Improved but they are not as good as Germans. The fact that the Cue screen has rainbow glare when you where sun glasses is annoying. Cheap fish price grade plastic overhead console is also very off putting in a luxury brand, especially for something with $50K starting price.

Dealership, experience, they need to separate it from Chevy and other brands. Nothing say cheap when you walk in and has radio DJs broadcasting from the dealership.

Worse of all, GM lease residual has been horrible. The ATS deal a week or so back was great but you are looking at 30% or less after 48 months, and I thought 40+% of Audi was bad.

That said, I'm impressed with CT6 from a technical perspective and the fact that they can have such a large sedan for under 3900lbs.

Yup, you're right on all of that. Still, I've never been happy with my BMWs. My 535 wagon had some hilarious, and lethal design flaws that would not be acceptable on a 1980's hyundai. One of the reasons I sold it was the crazy flaw in the sunroof drain system which would cause the trunk area where the spare tire was to flood if the car is left out in the rain. That's also where the too-smart-by-half german engineers put all of the cars computers. They did not honor warranty on this problem because it was an "environmental" problem. I think the tab is $12k when this happens. Not to mention the ridiculous high pressure fuel pump issue that generation of BMWs had. Or the time-bomb electric water pump which left me on the side of the road 2 hours into the country.

On the upside, the BMW had zero flex in any body panel, and I never once heard a squeak.

BAB Inc
04-25-2016, 03:01 PM

your an idiot! you really believe your caddy is built on its own? Its shares more chev malibu part numbers then anything else. At lease with lexus they accept the fact its a camry underneath and thats what salesmen use as a selling feature if anything.

just for comparison purpose look at it this way
escalade is a tahoe
LX 570 is a landcruiser

you wanna drive a landcruiser or tahoe?

Buster
04-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by BAB Inc

your an idiot!

Calm down there, skippy.