PDA

View Full Version : Good deal for Windows Phone fans.

KrisYYC
04-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Anybody who likes Windows Phone or know somebody that does Microsoft is having a good BOGO deal until May 1st or when supplies run out. Buy an unlocked Lumia 950XL and get a Lumia 950 free.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950-XL--Unlocked/productID.326606200?icid=Home_EN_Spotlight_4_Lumia950XL_BOGO_042516

Zhariak
04-25-2016, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by KrisYYC
Anybody who likes Windows Phone or know somebody that does Microsoft is having a good BOGO deal until May 1st or when supplies run out. Buy an unlocked Lumia 950XL and get a Lumia 950 free.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950-XL--Unlocked/productID.326606200?icid=Home_EN_Spotlight_4_Lumia950XL_BOGO_042516

I saw this earlier this morning.

Awesome deal... I have the 950 XL and absolutely love it...

For the tech lovers, buy a 950 XL for your daytime driver, and get a free 950 to load up Insider Fast track (and use as a backup) phone :)

ipeefreely
04-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Great deal but probably not good news that they are giving them away.... :(

My wife and I really like our 1020s! :love:

I hope Windows phones are still around when they need to be replaced! :cry:

flipstah
04-25-2016, 08:59 PM
I miss the look of the Windows Phone OS. :(

Work is forcing me to use iPhone due to apps not available on the WP platform.

Xtrema
04-25-2016, 09:39 PM
Can these be rooted to run Marshmallow?

Specs are solid. If they run Android, I'm sold.

googe
04-25-2016, 11:21 PM
I can't imagine using a phone with no apps. Doesn't matter how good the UI or hardware is.

Hero_X
04-25-2016, 11:24 PM
How is windows 10 on phones? I've tried earlier versions of Windows phone and really didn't like them. Mostly due to the lack of apps.

KrisYYC
04-26-2016, 01:58 AM
If you're a big app user on Android or iOS you probably won't like Windows Phone.

I'm not a heavy app user. All the apps I use are available on Windows Phone, even RBC. I just like the OS better and especially the Pureview cameras (still have a Lumia 1020 I use on occasion).

I ordered this BOGO deal even though I already have a Lumia 950. I might sell the 950XL to a friend for a deal. We'll see.

SKR
04-26-2016, 08:09 AM
Thanks for posting this. I've been going back and forth on either the 950 or 950XL, or just fixing the screen on my old Samsung Ativ S. I could get 4 days on a charge on that old fucker.

flipstah
04-26-2016, 11:39 AM
I wasn't a heavy app user either:

- Facebook
- WhatsApp
- Spotify
- Office
- Instagram

WP has the essentials.

Xtrema
04-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Hero_X
How is windows 10 on phones? I've tried earlier versions of Windows phone and really didn't like them. Mostly due to the lack of apps.

App situation is the same. If you just text, call and browse websites, you'll be fine with Windows phones.

Zhariak
04-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
I wasn't a heavy app user either:

- Facebook
- WhatsApp
- Spotify
- Office
- Instagram

WP has the essentials.

Love my 950 XL... The OS, and the phone itself is so slick. Can't get enough of the camera's on these things either. Loved my 1020, and no complaints with the 950 XL.

Only beef I have, no snapchat, and it would be nice if the Facebook app was actually updated as fast as the iOS and Android equivalents.

Also, I wish Rogers would hurry up and deploy VoLTE and Wifi Calling to devices other than their flagship iPhone/Android phone.

KrisYYC
04-27-2016, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak

Love my 950 XL... The OS, and the phone itself is so slick. Can't get enough of the camera's on these things either. Loved my 1020, and no complaints with the 950 XL.

Only beef I have, no snapchat, and it would be nice if the Facebook app was actually updated as fast as the iOS and Android equivalents.

Also, I wish Rogers would hurry up and deploy VoLTE and Wifi Calling to devices other than their flagship iPhone/Android phone.

How do you find the physical size of the XL? Battery life?

I've been using a 950 since early December and love it, so I decided to get this BOGO deal as I was considering buying a second 950 as a back up anyway. I was going to sell the XL to a friend but his girlfriend caught wind of the BOGO deal too and surprised him with an XL for his birthday.

I can't decide if I should sell it on kijiji or try it out. It's sitting here still sealed in box and it's so tempting to open it :D

Zhariak
04-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by KrisYYC

How do you find the physical size of the XL? Battery life?

I've been using a 950 since early December and love it, so I decided to get this BOGO deal as I was considering buying a second 950 as a back up anyway. I was going to sell the XL to a friend but his girlfriend caught wind of the BOGO deal too and surprised him with an XL for his birthday.

I can't decide if I should sell it on kijiji or try it out. It's sitting here still sealed in box and it's so tempting to open it :D

I was a bit concerned about the size at first, but once I got it, had no problem. Fits fine in all my jean/suit pockets, can't feel it any different than my old 1020.

Battery life was shit for the first 3 days, then BAM, it now lasts forever. I typically plug it in before bed, and unplug it when I wake up.

Occasionally, if you're browsing IG for a couple hours, you'll need to plug it in again.

I've been able to get 2 days on a single charge when traveling (using it for calls, texts, pic uploads to fb, and e-mail). Keep in mind I can't remember if the 2 days used all the battery, or how much was left over. All I know is I forgot to get a charger, and thankfully didn't need one.

Other than that, I can't comment on the battery life since I haven't had any real complaints, it does what I need, and it's been ready when I need to use it.

Not sure how similar the camera is from the 950 to the XL, but this thing takes amazing shots! :)

Random question, is the offer only available online? Or is it avail in the store as well?

KrisYYC
04-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak

I was a bit concerned about the size at first, but once I got it, had no problem. Fits fine in all my jean/suit pockets, can't feel it any different than my old 1020.

Battery life was shit for the first 3 days, then BAM, it now lasts forever. I typically plug it in before bed, and unplug it when I wake up.

Occasionally, if you're browsing IG for a couple hours, you'll need to plug it in again.

I've been able to get 2 days on a single charge when traveling (using it for calls, texts, pic uploads to fb, and e-mail). Keep in mind I can't remember if the 2 days used all the battery, or how much was left over. All I know is I forgot to get a charger, and thankfully didn't need one.

Other than that, I can't comment on the battery life since I haven't had any real complaints, it does what I need, and it's been ready when I need to use it.

Not sure how similar the camera is from the 950 to the XL, but this thing takes amazing shots! :)

Random question, is the offer only available online? Or is it avail in the store as well?

Good to hear. The battery life on my 950 has been pretty good. The camera's are identical hardware so should perform the same.

It is available in store as well. I bought mine online as I didn't have time to hit up the store and was worried about inventory, but my friend's GF bought theirs at the MS store in Chinook.

SKR
04-28-2016, 06:19 PM
These fucking phone companies. It's not enough to just buy the phone, they have to make sure they fuck with you a little bit too. I don't have a nano sim card so I'll have to get one of those, and the charger plug is different than any of my Nokia or Samsung phones so I'll have to get a new car charger. Can't just turn it on and go because that would be too easy.

SKR
05-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Fucking phone nerds. Just have to fuck with things. When I went from my Samsung Ativ S to my Lumia 1020, all my texts transferred over perfect. Now they don't though, and I haven't got any fucking idea why. I have backup on the 1020 set to on, but all I can transfer to the 950XL is contacts. I can set it to backup texts, but can't find a plain way to import texts. There's a lot of handy shit in those old texts.

What a day. I had to go to a Sasktel store to get a nano sim card for this fucking thing, and Sasktel told me to go fuck myself because I'm using too much data in Alberta. So I had to get off my unlimited data plan and change it to 1GB/month, or no data at all. So I went to Telus and transferred my number over to them. I get texts on my new phone, but I think only from Telus customers. I can make phone calls on the new phone, but I receive phone calls on the old phone. So far I've just been called by Sasktel people, I haven't got a call from a Telus person yet. I'd probably get a Telus phone call on the new phone. (To recap, Telus --> me comes to the new phone. Sasktel --> me comes to the old phone. Who the fuck knows why.)

And all day I was looking forward to the effortless transition from one phone to the other, just like last time. But fuck me I guess because some nerd had to go and put his twist on it.

KrisYYC
06-21-2016, 04:49 AM
*Thread bump*

Looks like this BOGO deal is back on. I'm surprised they haven't just lowered the prices of each phone as they've been out for almost 7 months now.

Anyway, if anybody is interested:

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950-XL--Unlocked/productID.326606200?tduid=(157911fbbbd43406b5b267ce443884ed)(235204)(2804596)()()