PDA

View Full Version : tuner Bastardations

QuasarCav
03-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Sorry if this is a repost, but god this show was awful:barf: :barf: .
I really wanted to throw up during the first 5 min.

The mazda 323 GTX was a good car to chose, but come on staged fights between the vinyl graphics guy and the suspension guy.
I could have done a better job myself.

Is this the kind of TV that they think car enthusiasts will like??

I could put vinyl graphics and rims and tires on any car, does that mean i could start me own show??

Comments please, if anyone bothered to watch the whole 30 minute long hurtfest

sleeper
03-17-2004, 10:54 AM
I watched the whole 30min show. You think this episode was bad then you should have seen some of the others. Man those guys are a bunch of geeks thats all geeks. But the 323 gtx turned ok other then them and there graffics the love so much the rest of the car was fine. Coolcars tho have driven 1 before.

EK 2.0
03-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah I saw it...it was the first time I actually caught the show, but yeah, like COME ON, the only decent guy on the show was the guy doing the Engine Mods...

The GTX did turn out all right, save for the graphics, I have always felt GTX's should be the ultimate sleepers, but hey...not my show...YET:D

ApexDrift
03-17-2004, 11:55 AM
ricer show

its fast and furious the mini series!

topher91
03-17-2004, 12:47 PM
That show is garbage. I watched them do up a Focus. They had 10gs to spend and all they did was paint the stock rims, drop in a supercharger, slapped on a wings west kit and did minor suspension upgrade and big brakes.

I thought that I could spend 10gs better than they did.

PS: the car didn't look much different from stock, and it was a little faster. I think they knocked off 1 sec with that Vortech SC.

MM99lude
03-17-2004, 01:57 PM
ya i saw those shows too, the focus definatly could have been better, but i felt that the did a good job on that guys 89 240sx, dropping in that SR20DET. other than that car the rest of the shows were crap.

hyperwhite
03-17-2004, 03:21 PM
the 323 was cool. i didn't mind the vinyl on it becaue it was a race car. but ya, i like the engine guy, because he just shuts up and goes to work.

i know where they tape the show so i've been tempted to drive down there and slap em around a little :whipped:

infamous
03-17-2004, 04:12 PM
i've seen the one with the focus, the golf, and the 240....the only one that was even worth watching was the one with the 240....they dropped in a sr20det...and they got a widebody kit...it actually looked pretty :bigpimp: in the end....

hjr
03-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by infamous
i've seen the one with the focus, the golf, and the 240....the only one that was even worth watching was the one with the 240....they dropped in a sr20det...and they got a widebody kit...it actually looked pretty :bigpimp: in the end.... that is what is so stupid about the show. some things are done right (kinda) and other shit is completely bitched out on. the RX8 and the VW GTI were completely owned. the GTI not as much but ya.

hyperwhite
03-17-2004, 06:53 PM
i think the people have to pay for the parts they put on. thats why some have a stupid low budget and some are almost unlimited

sxtasy
03-17-2004, 07:23 PM
when and what channel is this show on?

illeagle
03-17-2004, 07:28 PM
That engine guy should hook my car up... 323 GT

Redlyne_mr2
03-17-2004, 07:45 PM
I dont understand why they invest $2500 in some cars and $10 000 in others. Is it the customer thats pays for it?

MM99lude
03-17-2004, 07:49 PM
if the customer is paying for it then why do it? I mean give you car to guys who think that graphics are "da shit" and then they add some huge wing, some other gay shit and you gotta pay for it? I'd rather do it all myself if its my money anyway!

Redlyne_mr2
03-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by MM99lude
if the customer is paying for it then why do it? I mean give you car to guys who think that graphics are "da shit" and then they add some huge wing, some other gay shit and you gotta pay for it? I'd rather do it all myself if its my money anyway!
Youd be surprised how many stupid people there are out there . Some people don't even know where to go to buy parts,let alone know which parts to buy. Guaranteed most of the guys on that show have never done an oil change themselves

MM99lude
03-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Youd be surprised how many stupid people there are out there . Some people don't even know where to go to buy parts,let alone know which parts to buy. Guaranteed most of the guys on that show have never done an oil change themselves

well that could be true, but think about that episod where they took that guys 240sx, he was an editor for PAS mag. So he MUST know something about cars! so there is a good chance that the customer doesn't have to pay for the mods that go on in the "tuner garage"

Redlyne_mr2
03-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by MM99lude

well that could be true, but think about that episod where they took that guys 240sx, he was an editor for PAS mag. So he MUST know something about cars! so there is a good chance that the customer doesn't have to pay for the mods that go on in the "tuner garage"
yah good call, someone on the board should sacrifice their ride

MM99lude
03-18-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

yah good call, someone on the board should sacrifice their ride

ya then when they get their dragon graphic and washer LED's we can laugh about it!:rofl: