PDA

View Full Version : Superstore Click & Collect (anyone tried it?)

TomcoPDR
05-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Anyone tried using Superstore's click & collect service?

I'm just mostly curious at quality of produce.

msommers
05-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Ours has been great so far!

TomcoPDR
05-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Ours has been great so far!

Pretty painless process? So you just click, pay, and drive to the front door to pickup?

Might give that a shot

msommers
05-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Personally think it's amazing. For the modest cost, it's added so much convenience and avoided the store. Substitutions are handled really well also.

blairtruck
05-01-2016, 05:09 PM
ya my wife just sits on the couch saturday night. does up her order and picks it up on the way to do her costco shopping.
and there is a promotion. Use it twice and get a 20$ gift card my wife showed me cause today was her second time doing it. Saves her an hour on a busy sunday.

They have special stall at the front of the building and you phone a number on the stall sign and tell them which stall you are in.

captain134
05-01-2016, 06:08 PM
When I try to do it, there are no locations for Calgary. Red Deer is the closest.

TomcoPDR
05-01-2016, 06:36 PM
^ me too. lol, maybe it's not available in Calgary yet. Heard it from a friend else where in Cdn... Oops.

RealJimmyJames
05-01-2016, 07:35 PM
This sounds amazing. I like presidents choice products, hate the fucking store.

ricosuave
05-01-2016, 08:26 PM
It's starting May 10th in Calgary...

RealJimmyJames
05-01-2016, 09:10 PM
http://media0.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

Brent.ff
05-01-2016, 09:59 PM
They actually selecting good fruit and veg? Superstore has the most bruised shit out there, so hopefully someone's actually selecting good stuff...

TomcoPDR
05-01-2016, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Brent.ff
They actually selecting good fruit and veg? Superstore has the most bruised shit out there, so hopefully someone's actually selecting good stuff...

Yesssss, that's kinda what I was inquiring if anyone's had experience with this service. And wonder how dairy/meat products work. (say you selected 3pm pickup, will ur order be fridged till then, or just picked out and sit in a corner at the delivery doors :barf: )

ZenOps
05-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Now all they have to do is put it on an autonomous electric vehicle, and deliver it to my house for $2 more.

Dare to dream.

dj_rice
05-02-2016, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Brent.ff

Even when I go myself, its still hard to select stuff as its mostly shit so I imagine if your ordering it online, some $15/hr employee won't really care about quality and just pick whatever.

dirtsniffer
05-02-2016, 06:41 AM
I typically only buy pantry items and dog food at superstore. I am excited to try this.

Sugarphreak
05-02-2016, 07:23 AM

ZenOps
05-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Meh, I've been using Walmart grocery for shelf stable foods and detergents for over a year now.

I mean, if you already know the exact brand of ketchup you want its not going to be any different than going to the store to pickup.

So that means all you need to pickup are fresh and frozen items yourself (the stuff you actually should be picking for yourself) Although I will take a risk on someone else doing the picking for some items.

And it arrives right on my doorstep, grocery delivery ftw.

Kobe
05-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Now all they have to do is put it on an autonomous electric vehicle, and deliver it to my house for $2 more.

Dare to dream.

When I was living in Budapest Tesco would diliever/bring it upstairs to you..

It costed around $4.

It was great since the large tesco was pretty far away and you would have to take a taxi there anyways...

chkolny541
05-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Im having a hard time figuring out is there an extra fee for using this service? and if so, how much? (I'm assuming there is...)

Brent.ff
05-11-2016, 11:17 AM
think it's $3

RealJimmyJames
05-11-2016, 12:07 PM
I would spend $3 to avoid lining up in superstore any day. Fuck that place.

SOAB
05-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Too bad Costco didn't have this service for $3. I hate going into Costco. the line-ups are ridiculous.

Thaco
05-11-2016, 12:26 PM
the have the parking stalls at deerfoot meadows.. not sure if its live there though

Brent.ff
05-31-2016, 11:07 AM
Anyone try this yet? Still curious to see how the veg selection was. Might give it a go as my fridge is damn empty

Amysicle
06-01-2016, 06:49 PM

Brent.ff
06-01-2016, 09:51 PM
didnt do an order today as i just went shopping after soccer and was having the same issue in that i selected a timeslot and it wouldn't accept it. Watched one of their guys selecting veg for the online order, was pretty thorough and wasn't just grabbing the first thing. Saw him go through like 7 heads of broccoli before he grabbed one..

I'll give it a go on my next big order

Arnold
06-02-2016, 12:21 PM
I've done this twice now. Both for big orders including a variety of produce and meats.

Pretty easy and convenient process imo. All of the produce and meat I got both times were fresh, not bruised or anything to that effect.

blairtruck
06-02-2016, 03:48 PM
wife still uses it every weekend. She loves it. at least 6 times used now in Edmonton and different stores also.

Sugarphreak
06-21-2016, 08:37 PM

blairtruck
10-16-2016, 01:48 PM
wife still uses this every week. Today was the first hiccup. she order some 10L rubbermaid totes.
the order she placed was for 2 totes. when she got home she realized they charged her for 4 totes. So overcharged by $30. see how the return goes.

Thaco
10-16-2016, 01:59 PM
yeah my wife uses it regularly too, other than a few out of stock items, the only issue we had was she got some bad apples (no pun, legit) but it was pretty simple, she called them and they refunded her, didn't even have to take it back, we able to salvage a few of the apples.

NoSup4U
10-16-2016, 02:13 PM
How are the items "packed" when you arrive? (bags, boxes, etc)

speedog
10-16-2016, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
Too bad Costco didn't have this service for $3. I hate going into Costco. the line-ups are ridiculous.

Just think for a moment how many other Costco members would be thinking the same as you, now the craziness would extend outside even more than it already is.

blairtruck
10-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by NoSup4U
How are the items "packed" when you arrive? (bags, boxes, etc) just bags and lightly packed. we have the costco bags. that she puts everything in when they deliver it.

Sal0
10-16-2016, 05:18 PM
The wife put in an order, and I picked it up. Just before I got home they called to tell me that I picked up the wrong order. Needless to say, that was the first and last time I used their service.

Also a lot of items were out of stock. I specifically remember having to choose organic banana's as a substitute item. How does a grocery store run out of regular bananas?

suntan
10-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Yes, we have no bananas!

craigcd
10-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Sal0
The wife put in an order, and I picked it up. Just before I got home they called to tell me that I picked up the wrong order. Needless to say, that was the first and last time I used their service.

Also a lot of items were out of stock. I specifically remember having to choose organic banana's as a substitute item. How does a grocery store run out of regular bananas?

Same experience on our end. They were out of almost all the fruit and veg we selected and what we did get was terrible. Never again.

I either shop first thing in the morning on weekdays for the best selection and no "traffic" or drive to the Super Store in Airdrie (from Panorama Hills) it is worth the drive......

jwslam
10-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Sal0
Do organic bananas have the same scale as regular bananas?

Thaco
10-17-2016, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by NoSup4U
How are the items "packed" when you arrive? (bags, boxes, etc) depends on how you request it, by default they use plastic bags (free) if you have reusable bags you can note that on the order and they will come out to your car, grab your bags, go back in and bag the stuff and then bring it out to you.

Neil4Speed
10-17-2016, 08:42 AM
I find it really surprising that superstore is implementing this. Obviously they would have done their due diligance but as its a labor intensive process and margins on grocery is typically very smell, plus subtracting out any "ooo, double stuffed oreos, I'm hungry, yeah lets get that" purchases, I'm surprised that its profitable.

s_havinga
10-17-2016, 09:01 AM
My wife uses it for the big groceries so probably twice a month. She loves it and will never go back. $3 for the convenience of not having to take 3 kids into the grocery store, yes please. We do get some produce with that order and haven't had any problems with it but generally we have a few quick trips to the store in between orders for produce.

SOAB
10-17-2016, 09:04 AM
we use this on average 3-4 times a month. the only time I have to step foot into the store is if we run out of something for a specific meal. love it and will continue to use this.

Manhattan
10-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by SOAB

This is done on purpose because they want to minimize your number of visits to the store. The idea is for you to pick up as much as you can on each visit to limit the store traffic so they can save on service/labor/parking costs.

Tried the superstore click n collect a few weeks back and wouldn't use it again mostly because the website is great. Took me much longer to find items online. I'd rather walk through the store. I actually find lineups to be shorter on weekends because every till is open. Harder to find decent parking tho.

ExtraSlow
10-17-2016, 09:22 AM
Have used the click-and-collect and I like it. Will use again.

msommers
10-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Costco needs an express line - 6 items or less.

timdog
10-17-2016, 11:15 AM
click and collect has been overall pretty great for us. with 2 young kids at home it makes life much easier. i would however say that their website needs some work. sometimes its super slow, or other times i get to the 'check out' and there's an error. 80% of the time it's been great though and a huge life saver

suntan
10-17-2016, 11:26 AM
boxed.com is sorta like an online-only Costco. No fresh stuff though.

RealJimmyJames
11-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Tried to place an order at 9:00 AM for afternoon pickup. It won't allow pickup for any times today, forces me to choose tomorrow or later. That is really unhelpful. #triggered

Thaco
11-21-2016, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
Tried to place an order at 9:00 AM for afternoon pickup. It won't allow pickup for any times today, forces me to choose tomorrow or later. That is really unhelpful. #triggered you can rarely get same day, especially in the busy time slots, not really a surprise...

RealJimmyJames
11-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Oh, I haven't used it often, and last time it was available for any time slot at least three hours out. This makes it much less useful for me.

ToroSushi
11-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Love click and collect, super convenient when you have kids napping in the back seats. Though last time I ordered some blackberries, I had to take them back for a refund that night because there was mold in them. If you have time when picking up the groceries, check the quality right away to save a trip. Also, if you get eggs, make sure they are all good. But in general, I love this click and collect service. It saves me plenty of time and money because if I physically shop there, I will for sure get more stuff than necessary. ;)

Thaco
11-22-2016, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ToroSushi
Love click and collect, super convenient when you have kids napping in the back seats. Though last time I ordered some blackberries, I had to take them back for a refund that night because there was mold in them. If you have time when picking up the groceries, check the quality right away to save a trip. Also, if you get eggs, make sure they are all good. But in general, I love this click and collect service. It saves me plenty of time and money because if I physically shop there, I will for sure get more stuff than necessary. ;) next time just call them, i dont know if my wife called the store or the actual click and collect but we had some bad apples (legit) and she called them and they gave her a refund over the phone.

I like this service because i F'n hate grocery shopping, the store setup and product locations are just not intuitive to me (flashback to wandering the store for 45 minutes looking for ice cream cones, which one would assume would be near the ice cream... nah lets put them on the other end of the store) So my wife can order, i can swing by on my way home from work, 5 minutes and a full grocery trip is done.

ExtraSlow
12-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Today they substituted my case of KD that was on sale for $7.98 for thirteen (??!?) individual packages for $20.85.
I chose not to accept that substitution.

ExtraSlow
01-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Frustrated today. 2/4 stalls were blocked by people who were obviously not using the service, so there was a lineup of cars waiting for the spots. I just called from a spot way down the isle, but my order still took twenty minutes to come out. That's weak. I think they need more staff for busy times. Seemed like one poor guy was the only one doing the running, and theres no way one person can keep up to four full stalls.

heavyD
02-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Frustrated today. 2/4 stalls were blocked by people who were obviously not using the service, so there was a lineup of cars waiting for the spots. I just called from a spot way down the isle, but my order still took twenty minutes to come out. That's weak. I think they need more staff for busy times. Seemed like one poor guy was the only one doing the running, and theres no way one person can keep up to four full stalls.

Not sure what location you are using but on Country Hills location I have seen people park in these spots as well that are not using the service. Super annoying.

kenny
02-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Wonder if Superstore will now expand this to include home delivery now that Save-on-Foods is doing home delivery and in-store pickup (their version of click and collect).

ExtraSlow
02-22-2017, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Not sure what location you are using but on Country Hills location I have seen people park in these spots as well that are not using the service. Super annoying. I was at huntington.

dirtsniffer
02-22-2017, 02:50 PM
had some worker hog the deli counter on a saturday morning for 15 minutes filling orders for this shit.

figure out a better system.

ToroSushi
02-22-2017, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
next time just call them, i dont know if my wife called the store or the actual click and collect but we had some bad apples (legit) and she called them and they gave her a refund over the phone.

I like this service because i F'n hate grocery shopping, the store setup and product locations are just not intuitive to me (flashback to wandering the store for 45 minutes looking for ice cream cones, which one would assume would be near the ice cream... nah lets put them on the other end of the store) So my wife can order, i can swing by on my way home from work, 5 minutes and a full grocery trip is done.

Wow, they were able to give her a refund over the phone? So they didn't make her bring the apples back?

blairtruck
02-22-2017, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by ToroSushi

Wow, they were able to give her a refund over the phone? So they didn't make her bring the apples back?
my wife has also gotten refunds over the phone.

ToroSushi
02-22-2017, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck

my wife has also gotten refunds over the phone.

Oh...I know what to do next time! Thanks!