PDA

View Full Version : Sell it or Keep it? 2002 Honda Accord

kdizzles
05-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Hi Guys,

I seek the advice of Beyond as you are all pretty honest and educated with your opinion.

I am leaving for a work trip overseas for about a year and thought about selling my car. It's a 2002 Honda Accord with 270k on it. It drives fine and only has small things that need to be repaired or replaced (brakes, tires, oil change). I have it listed for about $1 600.

My other option is to keep it. I don't know what will happen in a year, I might be back or I might stay over there if the job is good. My concern is if I keep it parked for a year, that I will come back to a vehicle with more problems and head aches. I know that I will have to replace the tires, brakes and do some general maintenance with it.

So with that being said, what is my better option? Should I just rid myself of the car and burden and collect the cash (not much) and then buy another car when I return at some point,

OR

Keep the car in case things don't work out, take a risk in that coming back knowing there will be things that need to be fixed (I figure put aside $500 - 1000 for maintenance and repairs).

What do you guys think?! Please help I'm leaving in two weeks.

Thanks,

Dizzles

shakalaka
05-01-2016, 04:02 PM
I would sell it to avoid the headache and worry about storing the thing. Of course it's contingent on the fact that you can sell it in 2 weeks. It's just a suggestion, you have to do what you think is best for you. I don't think it'll have many issues if it's sitting for just a year but then again you never know.

kdizzles
05-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I would sell it to avoid the headache and worry about storing the thing. Of course it's contingent on the fact that you can sell it in 2 weeks. It's just a suggestion, you have to do what you think is best for you. I don't think it'll have many issues if it's sitting for just a year but then again you never know.

Thanks shakalaka for your advice, much appreciated.

Anybody else have any idea or opinion?

kdizzles
05-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Also, I have dropped the price considerably and it is priced to sell. I do have one potential buyer right now that will look at it this week so we will see what happens.

InRich
05-01-2016, 04:29 PM
sell it to me for 600

kdizzles
05-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by InRich
sell it to me for 600

No sorry, at that price I think I would rather just keep it. I can wiggle a bit from my original price but not too much.

J.M.
05-01-2016, 04:44 PM
:rofl:

revelations
05-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Dont worry, Richard would turn it into a super car .... :burnout:

InRich
05-01-2016, 05:29 PM
^ lower it with some nice koni yellows and H&R springs, put a nice remus exhaust on it, lightly tint the windows, HID headlights, and some nice 17 inch wheels :burnout:

mmm that brings me back :drool:

ok ok 700!?!?!? take it or leave it today!

jwslam
05-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by InRich
^ lower it with some nice koni yellows and H&R springs, put a nice remus exhaust on it, lightly tint the windows, HID headlights, and some nice 17 inch wheels :burnout:
Givin' it wings too
BTW 17's are too small

01RedDX
05-02-2016, 07:40 AM

kdizzles
05-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys, im gonna try my darnest to sell this thing!