PDA

View Full Version : walk-thru and possession day...realtor with u?

Seks
05-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Is your realtor supposed to be or required by protocol to be with you during walk-thru and possession day?

Hallowed_point
05-02-2016, 09:31 AM
I believe so, yes. Kind of strange for them not to be there.

spikerS
05-02-2016, 09:31 AM
I would want them with me, they know better than anyone what to be watching for.

pheoxs
05-02-2016, 09:57 AM
Yes because usually they have the keys and thats how you get in. Whether they stick around or not I guess is up to you / them but usually they are there.

Seks
05-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Since i signed off on conditions and everything a week ago...havent heard a crack from him.

Was at my walkthru just now...by myself meeting with the site supervisor.

Possession tomorrow...doubt i will even hear from him....judging from the shit my mortg broker and myself had to chase ourselves from the builder

Seems like the only thing that was a concern with him was that i signed off and that he gets his commission.

ExtraSlow
05-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a pretty shitty realtor. You should make sure you post a review of your experiences in as many places as possible.

mr2mike
05-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Seks
Since i signed off on conditions and everything a week ago...havent heard a crack from him.

Didn't use Jordan obviously. :cry:

RealJimmyJames
05-02-2016, 12:59 PM
I'd guess this guy used to say that all realtors are the same . . .

jwslam
05-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
I'd guess this guy used to say that all realtors are the same . . .
Not sure why he kept using the guy if there were so many doubts to begin with...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/selling-realtor-making-him-herself-look-good/showthread.php?s=&postid=4468199

Seks
05-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

Not sure why he kept using the guy if there were so many doubts to begin with...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/selling-realtor-making-him-herself-look-good/showthread.php?s=&postid=4468199

Gave him benefit of the doubt.

A previous place i saw few mnths ago...listed 457k. I saw it on 1st day sale sign went up. Made offer 450k aftr seeing it immediately. Seller counter offer 455k. I didnt bite or counter offer.

I dont know why my realtor didnt push for the 450k.

3 wks after i saw it...it was still on mls.

Sometimes i wonder if my realtor was even on my side. I feel like my mortg broker was my realtor all along during the purchase of this place.

bjstare
05-02-2016, 01:37 PM
I dealt with a realtor like that one time. Useless POS. Try calling his brokerage and raise as much shit as you can with whoever you can talk to, maybe that will get you somewhere?

+1 for shoulda used Jordan.

gwill
05-02-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm going to play devils advocate here as I can be pretty tough on realtors at times.

The vast majority of realtors never show up to a new construction walk through and they don't really need to be there. Is it good if they are there? Sure but most never bother. Somehow I'm always surprised when they show up to any walk throughs for houses I've sold. Keep in mind some builders advise buyers to only show up with one other person. They don't like a huge circus showing up for a walk through and will limit the people there in many cases.

New construction works like this. Realtor walks into a show home, Registers their client and they walk away. A couple weeks or a couple months later they get paid huge $$$ for doing next to nothing. Maybe they helped negotiate, maybe they didn't... Maybe they were there to help with he paperwork or maybe they weren't.

A realtor who shows up to a walk through and is there for every meeting earns their money. In some cases the builders can have 4-5 meetings as the house is constructed. Even more so when they show up for colour selections(which rarely never happens). The money is way to easy for them to worry about getting involved....

Out of the last 30-40 realtor deals i have done in new home sales there would be only 3 realtors who I can look back on and say I'd refer them business. Most are too lazy, disinterested, unwilling or unable to help the clients at all. In many cases the realtors are busy deciding what house their clients should buy as opposed to listening and helping their clients.

If you hired the realtor to represent you with a new build you should set out the expectations you have of them. Otherwise once your registered as their client in the show home they will get paid even if they never step back into the show home again.

JordanLotoski
05-03-2016, 12:04 AM
I attend all buyer walk through's on pre-owned properties. If any issues are found, Buyers lawyer is contacted asap to get resolved.

If one of my buyers builds a home, I don't always attend as times in the past I have noticed some site supervisors get annoyed with me being there. I let me buyer and builder conduct there full walk through but am always a phone call away if issues arise

With new builds I do attended design meetings though to help the buyers who need a lending hand putting together a great finished product.