PDA

View Full Version : My old MR2

gregrego
05-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know who owns my old MR2? It changed hands a couple times and ended up in north Calgary, I spotted it 2 years ago on Metis trail looking great.

I attached a picture of what it looked like before i sold it.

It is aquamarine pearl, with black work XD-9 and a twin exhaust, very loud car, immaculate paint.

J.M.
05-02-2016, 10:40 PM
120% sure I saw this up in Coventry 2-3 years ago, younger guy driving it iirc.

Did you sell this to a guy from Camrose?

If so, I think he sold it to a guy up here and then that guy had it up on kijiji at some point.. I was interested in checking it out during that time, but I guess someone bought it before I got the chance to see it.

I haven't seen it up for sale since so I'm assuming it's still here in town.

gregrego
05-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Yes sold it to a guy in spruce grove, was too much car for him, sold it to a guy in camrose who had a supra and another mr2, he sold it to guy in Calgary.

Have been keeping my eye open for a clean LHD chassis for years but haven't found the right one.

mr2mike
05-03-2016, 08:46 AM
*sigh*
Another, "I sold my MR2 and want to get another good one back" statement.

Greg, I've seen the car around Calgary. Not 100% sure but not many Aquamarine ones around. It definitely didn't look as good as when you owned it. About last summer. Needed a polish for sure.

I saw it on Kijiji probably the same time J.M. saw it.

DSM4LIFE
05-03-2016, 09:21 AM
i still have my lhd mr2. couple times ive thought of letting it go. havent been able to give it the attention it needs to finish it off, but seeing you guys miss yours so much makes it hard to let go haha but i guess i do know a couple guys that may take it, if the day comes.

MR2-3SGTE
05-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Sold mine last summer as well.
@mike, when did you sell yours? I thought you were in the middle of building it

JRSC00LUDE
05-03-2016, 04:42 PM
My buddy here has a LHD 93 Turbo that be picked up a couple years ago. Yellow, all original/no mods, low miles, factory paint - everything. Garage kept by the same family his whole life till he bought it. He left if out last night in front of his house and some fucks shot the side up with what looks like a pellet gun. So much for original paint..... the ONE time he forgot it outside. :banghead:

mr2mike
05-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by MR2-3SGTE
Sold mine last summer as well.
@mike, when did you sell yours? I thought you were in the middle of building it

Sorry, not sold. I realize my post was confusing and edited it.
I had thought about it a few times in the past. But some upstanding MR2 citizen talked me out of it.

Nice ones are becoming more and more rare. Although I will say, the MR2 community as a whole is essentially dead. US and Canada. Not much happening and very little by way of posting.

DSM4LIFE
05-04-2016, 02:41 PM
its sad. someone help me get mine back on the road!!! need more mechanical know how haha

EM2FTL
05-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Sorry, not sold. I realize my post was confusing and edited it.
I had thought about it a few times in the past. But some upstanding MR2 citizen talked me out of it.

Nice ones are becoming more and more rare. Although I will say, the MR2 community as a whole is essentially dead. US and Canada. Not much happening and very little by way of posting.

A lot of the forum activity at MR2OC seems to have moved to the FB group.. there is plenty of daily posting on there.

mr2mike
05-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Yea. Don't have a fb account.
Seems to be where everyone has flocked as of past few yrs. FB and Instagrm.

EM2FTL
05-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Yea. Don't have a fb account.
Seems to be where everyone has flocked as of past few yrs. FB and Instagrm.

Car groups and staying in touch with ppl who have moved are the only reason I stay on FB. It sucks because there's no archiving of threads, can't search, nowhere near the utility of a forum. But, it's quick!

thinmyster
05-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Mr2mike found my old car for sale in edmonton

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/available-1991-mr2-turbo-lhd-trades-welcome/1161615783?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

BokCh0y
05-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by DSM4LIFE
i still have my lhd mr2. couple times ive thought of letting it go. havent been able to give it the attention it needs to finish it off, but seeing you guys miss yours so much makes it hard to let go haha but i guess i do know a couple guys that may take it, if the day comes.

Don't sell yours....trust me, I regret selling mine all the time.

Here's my old one:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/Stinky_tofu/Rides/1991ToyotaMR21024x768_zps090189bf.jpg

The guy I sold it to, his kid is on here and I saw it up for sale a while back, but haven't seen it since nor do I remember the kids name. Clem24 messaged me and asked if that was my old one.

If I could remember his handle, I'd like to buy the car back. I fucking miss her...

gregrego
05-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Damn.. OH well..

Yes guys, don't sell your mr2's...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Anyone have any nice AW11s they want to sell me :) ?

01RedDX
05-08-2016, 09:05 PM

Seifer
05-09-2016, 11:38 AM
The problem with the FB pages for mr2s is they are over 90% idiots and only a couple of decent people with know how. I need to finish some projects around the house so I can start playing with my rolling shell project.

gregrego
05-10-2016, 12:06 AM
Is mr2oc dead??

I've spent years wrenching on my mr2, learned lots. If anyone here needs a hand I have a garage and a full set of tools and would love to help.

mr2mike
05-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Not dead but Bill Strong sold it to a forum running company. They've changed it so it's generating ad revenue everywhere. It's a pain. Especially from a phone.

There's a skin to allow for it to look like the old forum.
User CP > Edit Options > Scroll to bottom, change skin to Classic Version.

DSM4LIFE
05-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by gregrego
Is mr2oc dead??

I've spent years wrenching on my mr2, learned lots. If anyone here needs a hand I have a garage and a full set of tools and would love to help.

i would love your help!! got lots of new things to install. s256 turbo water meth aem standalone plus more :-) need to get it back alive. once its running, i plan to respray it as well. redlynemr2 needs some competition

gregrego
05-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Pm me when ever.

gregrego
05-12-2016, 08:53 PM
2 hours of browsing the FS & show N Shine section of MR2OC.. my favorite...

Engine bay... WOW. But it's red :barf:
http://www.mr2oc.com/79-1990-1999-mr2-turbo-cars-sale/632426-tcs-built-91t-truly-one-kind.html

mr2mike
05-13-2016, 08:25 AM
That engine bay is beautiful. So much work involved to weld off unused bolt holes, bondo, sand and move harnesess out of sight. ;)