PDA

View Full Version : G Shock battery replacement?

civic_stylez
05-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Ive heard the horror stories about G shocks leaking after replacing a battery but I have a dead watch and im not super keen on mailing it to Markham, Ont to their only "authorized" service facility. Has anyone had it done locally (Calgary) or done it themselves with relative success? I have other ones I can used for Scuba so as long as this one is water resistant, ill be happy.

Much appreciated!

dirtsniffer
05-05-2016, 02:12 PM
I had mine done at the bay, no issues

EK 2.0
05-05-2016, 03:24 PM
I have done a few of my collection myself...

Casio recommends you change the gasket when you change out the battery...and on the three of mine that I have done 2-3 years later are still just as fine as when I took them out of the little tins haha...

civic_stylez
05-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
I have done a few of my collection myself...

Casio recommends you change the gasket when you change out the battery...and on the three of mine that I have done 2-3 years later are still just as fine as when I took them out of the little tins haha...

Thx Arif, did you buy the gaskets locally?

EK 2.0
05-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez

Thx Arif, did you buy the gaskets locally?

No I had to buy them online....they came from California if I recall James...

01RedDX
05-10-2016, 02:06 PM

civic_stylez
05-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Make sure to hold the module down while changing the battery, otherwise it's a huge pain in the ass to line it back up properly inside the bezel so that it's straight, the buttons line up, etc. The good thing is, even with the old sealing ring, mine's still completely waterproof and you can buy a pile of batteries for a couple of bucks from China.

Good tip thank you!!! I will give this a whirl soon.