PDA

View Full Version : Asshole neighbour door dinged my car, H&R? Vandalism?

Thaco
05-09-2016, 08:15 PM
So i live in a condo my asshole parking neighbor always parks like a jackass, my wife parked well within the lines, straight, and center (if anything she parks on the line on the other side because the next car over has an end lot which is larger than average so we all squeeze over a bit and everybody has lots of room)..
Her car alarm went off, warning shot alarm, so i ran out to see what was going on, i see the guy getting in to his car and leaving, i didn't want to confront him because i thought maybe it was an innocent butt rub or something, but the was definitely NOT the case, after he left i went to investigate and found this...

I am not hugely worried about having the car repaired, its not like its a show car or anything, but i do want to teach this asshole that he cant do this and get away with it, very least i want the police to pay him a visit.

What do i report this as, H&R? Vandalism? other?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57875389/junk/2016-05-09%2020.05.06.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57875389/junk/2016-05-09%2020.05.12.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57875389/junk/2016-05-09%2020.11.22.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57875389/junk/2016-05-09%2020.11.25.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57875389/junk/2016-05-09%2020.11.31.jpg

revelations
05-09-2016, 08:20 PM
If that paint is a good match to your neighbours, you would have a case with the CPS. Call the non-emergency line.

While you didnt see it, you essentially heard the event since the alarm went on as he left his stall.

Thaco
05-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by revelations
If that paint is a good match to your neighbours, you would have a case with the CPS. Call the non-emergency line.

While you didnt see it, you essentially heard the event since the alarm went on as he left his stall. yeah there's no question that he did it, its his assigned stall, it wasn't there 2 hours ago when the wife got home, alarm went off, i ran out while his door was still open and he was loading the car, he was actually still out of the car when i saw him.

Thaco
05-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Called CPS, they're sending someone out to investigate it as a H&R

JohnnyHockey
05-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Holy fuck, how much of a fatass is your neighbour? Like seriously, either that or he did that on purpose with as much force as he can :guns: ....absolutely no respect for other people.

Thaco
05-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
Holy fuck, how much of a fatass is your neighbour? Like seriously, either that or he did that on purpose with as much force as he can :guns: ....absolutely no respect for other people. he's not a fatass, thats the thing, he does have a baby, but still, this was not an accident... he's a 20ish punk with no respect.

relyt92
05-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Jeez, that's a lot more than a ding. That's like full force for sure.

Thaco
05-09-2016, 08:57 PM
based on what i saw when i ran out, him and his spouse on that side of the car, my assumption is, she was carrying the baby in the carseat, she passes it to him to put in the back sear (pontiac G6 coupe, not a fun task) he opens the door puts the baby in the back, has to climb in to strap it in properly, expected her to hold the door, she doesn't wind blows the door on his leg/foot, he throws a pissy fit and donkey kicks the door in to my car.

ExtraSlow
05-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Police non emergency line, and report it to your insurance once you have a case number.

Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

Hallowed_point
05-09-2016, 09:25 PM
My fat fuck neighbor parks the same way next to me. 300+ lbs. glad I'm moving next month. Tempted to park closest on his side so he can't even get into his suv. I park all the way over to give him room and he also dinged me at least once.

JohnnyHockey
05-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Wow donkey kick? Sounds like violent trailer trash. ..I'd go straight to police. You did the right thing no need to even politely confront they'll just blow up on you not worth the stress.

Hallowed_point
05-09-2016, 10:36 PM
agreed. Probably has a warrant. Sounds like total white trash. Wardrobe consisting of: baggy Nike shorts, flat brim, wife beater, dc shoes I bet.

Hallowed_point
05-10-2016, 12:18 AM
Here's how my neighbor parks. Every fucking day. He's just one of those big clueless types. Funny part is that I live above him and am moving out in June. Paybacks a bitch, pizza breath.

Thaco
05-10-2016, 06:13 AM
so the cops came by, basically said i was wasting their time and made me feel like the disrespectful one

They came and got me, went and looked at the car, the rubbed off some of the paint, then went and got the other chick, she comes out firing her mouth "why couldn't you just come talk to me? why'd you have to get them?" blah blah, i basically just said "Why couldn't you come talk to me? its not like you didn't know it happened" then she says her kid, let the car door swing open in the wind, complete lie, but the cops were on her side right from the start, wouldn't let me say 2 words but let her blab on... shes just ranting, "go get 3 quotes and i'll pay the lowest, if you go through insurance i'll be pissed" waa waa, like shes the victim here...

Honestly it wasn't about money, its about respect, these 2 have been disrespectful since they moved in here about 8 months ago, the one time some guy went through and smashed windows and stole stuff from cars, their car was hit, ours weren't, but instead of grabbing a vacuum or something to clean the glass out of his car, he just flinged it all over in to our parking spot, it never got cleaned up until they did the parking lot sweeping... just totally no respect.

They're the kind of trash where now i am worried about my other vehicles and possessions... i have security cameras on my house but i park like half a block away so i cant have security out there.

btimbit
05-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Ugh I fucking hate when cops just take the woman's side. I also hate those girls thst just bitch and moan and don't let the other person get two words in.

If she's serious about paying to get it fixed then fine, but I'd give her a week at most to pay up before going through insurance

Sugarphreak
05-10-2016, 07:09 AM

Seth1968
05-10-2016, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
so the cops came by, basically said i was wasting their time

I came by to say don't bother, but you just found out.

No money to be had?, then meh.

sr20s14zenki
05-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Yep, once again, people trying to get away with shit. It doesnt fucking matter if your kid did it, your dog did it, the wind did it. You damaged somebody elses property. Plain and simple.

This is one of my biggest issues with people these days, this engrained refusal to accept responsibility for ones actions. Own up for fuck sakes.

Sounds like they are what fits in my "trashy people" profile tho, which basically to me means zero fucks given. They are the last to own up for anything, and the first to cry when something hapens to them.

:banghead:

jwslam
05-10-2016, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
This is one of my biggest issues with people these days, this engrained refusal to accept responsibility for ones actions. Own up for fuck sakes.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b8/c1/80/b8c1808d3b0d20b6fdf842ae8325178e.jpg

lilmira
05-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Let insurance deal with it.

rx7boi
05-10-2016, 09:02 AM
so the cops came by, basically said i was wasting their time and made me feel like the disrespectful one

They came and got me, went and looked at the car, the rubbed off some of the paint, then went and got the other chick, she comes out firing her mouth "why couldn't you just come talk to me? why'd you have to get them?" blah blah, i basically just said "Why couldn't you come talk to me? its not like you didn't know it happened" then she says her kid, let the car door swing open in the wind, complete lie, but the cops were on her side right from the start, wouldn't let me say 2 words but let her blab on... shes just ranting, "go get 3 quotes and i'll pay the lowest, if you go through insurance i'll be pissed" waa waa, like shes the victim here...

Honestly it wasn't about money, its about respect, these 2 have been disrespectful since they moved in here about 8 months ago, the one time some guy went through and smashed windows and stole stuff from cars, their car was hit, ours weren't, but instead of grabbing a vacuum or something to clean the glass out of his car, he just flinged it all over in to our parking spot, it never got cleaned up until they did the parking lot sweeping... just totally no respect.

They're the kind of trash where now i am worried about my other vehicles and possessions... i have security cameras on my house but i park like half a block away so i cant have security out there.

Shoulda kept your iPhone with audio recording during this convo lol.

So are you going through insurance?

revelations
05-10-2016, 09:33 AM
You will find that these types of "neighbours" generally dont last too long in one building.

Crazyjoker77
05-10-2016, 09:49 AM

then she says her kid, let the car door swing open in the wind,

There should be more than enough to get her charged with hit and run. She admits she knew that damage was caused. (especially since the car alarm went off) she then proceeds to drive away. without informing you or leaving info...

"why couldn't you just come talk to me? is her admitting that she didn't provide any info. she caused the damage its her responsibility to inform.

With the paint transfer match and you being a witness should be more than enough proof for a simple charge.

If there as big of a POS as your making them out to be I would totally put in a claim against her insurance. Your doing her a favor by accepting cash.

RealJimmyJames
05-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Insurance 100%. Fuck her.

B16EJ8
05-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
Insurance 100%. Fuck her.

:thumbsup: I Agree, with the lack of care and Respect I'd do this.

Canmorite
05-10-2016, 10:14 AM
So disrespectful that she couldn't own up to it. If someone did that to my car and came and told me directly, I'd be willing to work with them to sort out the issue.

They way she's handling it? Let insurance go after her when you're done filing a police report. Some people's children :thumbsdow

01RedDX
05-10-2016, 10:19 AM

Disoblige
05-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
I agree with letting insurance handle it at this point.
:thumbsup:

Kijho
05-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Sounds like such a shady person. Go thru insurance, you'll have more headache and hassle if you get quotes yourself and have to coordinate it with her and get your money directly from her yourself. Let insurance handle that mess.. it's small and simple, won't be a big deal anyways though..

redblack
05-10-2016, 10:54 AM
I don't imagine people like these would have the cash to pay for the repairs, you'll be chasing them for weeks if not months. Go though insurance and be done with it

K3RMiTdot
05-10-2016, 10:57 AM
I'd give her the big fuck you and go through insurance.

D'z Nutz
05-10-2016, 10:57 AM
It never would have occurred to me that this would be considered "hit and run" haha

Sweeeeet.

Rocket1k78
05-10-2016, 11:06 AM
You probably shouldve at least asked them first imo. Yeah they didnt own up right away but by calling the cops right away you just escalated this huge. If they were of normal being than do as you please but the fact theyre trashy would make me worry all the time about future vandalism. And I would wait and see if they pay before you just go through insurance, you will be teaching yourself a hard lesson because i can almost guarantee you they will make it way worse for you. Very tough call for sure.

Thaco
05-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Rocket1k78
You probably shouldve at least asked them first imo. Yeah they didnt own up right away but by calling the cops right away you just escalated this huge. If they were of normal being than do as you please but the fact theyre trashy would make me worry all the time about future vandalism. And I would wait and see if they pay before you just go through insurance, you will be teaching yourself a hard lesson because i can almost guarantee you they will make it way worse for you. Very tough call for sure. She was psycho enough with the cops there, i bet without them 1 of 2 things would have happened:
1) they wouldn't even answer the door
2) she'd have been twice as psycho and not even heard me out

I agree though, i wont be calling insurance unless its a last resort, i still have to live next door to them.

carson blocks
05-10-2016, 11:26 AM
If she would have left a note or found you and owned up to it, yeah give her the chance to pay out of pocket. From everything you've just said, I get the impression she'll fuck you (and not in the good way) if you try to deal with her out of pocket. She'll change her mind as soon as it's repaired or something to weasel out.

Give her the big middle finger for being such a raging c-word and go through insurance. Let her pay out the ass for the next few years (much more than the repair would have cost likely) as the price of being a dirtbag. If she says anything, let her know if she'd have come to you first like a decent human being, you'd have gladly worked with her.

If they're the trash they're made out to be, maybe invest in a front/rear dashcam for next time they fuck up, or if they try to retaliate.

ExtraSlow
05-10-2016, 11:36 AM
If you do want to give them a chance, make sure they pay you IN CASH before you pay for the repair yourself. If they can't do that, insurance.

~Touge/Wangan-
05-10-2016, 11:37 AM
someone once told me that most problems could be solved with a can full of gas and a hand full of matches.

:dunno:

Thaco
05-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
If you do want to give them a chance, make sure they pay you IN CASH before you pay for the repair yourself. If they can't do that, insurance. yeah i likely wouldn't repair it anyway, its an older car that i don't care much about, its more about principle than it is about the money... if they were upfront an honest i'd have let it go, but when shes gonna come out attacking me, its war time.

They've been quite disrespectful since they moved in, they park in the visitor spaces like its their own spot because they are too good to park on the street, which is actually probably closer...
They had the window smashed in their car and the guy just swept all the glass out of his car in to our parking spot and left it there...
they park like complete jackasses, on the line, very crooked, or in other peoples spots...
i'm not one to bitch, but they need to grow up and learn a little respect.

max_boost
05-10-2016, 12:13 PM
Sometimes it's a game of dare and see who is more gangster in order to get shit done. I mean it's not like you can call up the God Father or Akbar to take care of it. It's stupid :nut: :dunno:

Some people just don't give a fuk

I just fixed $1k worth of PDR on my 911. Getting a detailer buddy to remove some dark scratches on my 3M and getting a quote to respray my rear bumper from another scratch. :banghead: :banghead:

J.M.
05-10-2016, 12:14 PM
PUT SOME RESPEK ON IT

I'd go through insurance as mentioned already.. My aunt's car got hit at a stop light and she's given the dude the chance to pay cash for the cheapest quote she got for the damage instead of going through insurance. Instead buddy wants to repair the damage himself and so far its turned into a huge hassle lol..

Kloubek
05-10-2016, 12:19 PM
The problem with going through insurance is that it will piss her off, and she will probably find a way to more covertly cause damage to the vehicle.

It's not about being nice so much as it is to ensure he doesn't give her reason to cause more issues down the road.

Rocket1k78
05-10-2016, 12:21 PM
i still have to live next door to them.

Damn, parking beside them is bad enough but couldn't imagine living beside shitty people like this.
Its easy for everyone to say fuck em and go through insurance but he's the guy that has to live beside them. I get the whole principal thing but you cant teach a trashy person this lesson:thumbsdow.

Rocket1k78
05-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

It's not about being nice so much as it is to ensure he doesn't give her reason to cause more issues down the road.

Yep.

tirebob
05-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
My fat fuck neighbor parks the same way next to me. 300+ lbs. glad I'm moving next month. Tempted to park closest on his side so he can't even get into his suv. I park all the way over to give him room and he also dinged me at least once. Hey now... I am a 300lb guy! lol! Seriously though, I am 300lbs and I can get in and out of tight spots without ever dinging someones elses door. If I am close to another car I just wrap my fingers around the edge of my door before fully opening it so if it is going to come into contact with the vehicle beside me, my fingers stop it from hitting and I have never had an issue. WTF is wrong with people hey???

max_boost
05-10-2016, 12:39 PM
It's okay. just remember who they are, be nice, but get them later on down the road after you move. That's what I did lol after I moved out of the hood, I went back to the hood to do some stuff in the dark. Oh I am so bad. :rofl: :nut:

Sugarphreak
05-10-2016, 12:59 PM

Stuart
05-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
It's okay. just remember who they are, be nice, but get them later on down the road after you move. That's what I did lol after I moved out of the hood, I went back to the hood to do some stuff in the dark. Oh I am so bad. :rofl: :nut:

Valve core removal tools are pretty cheap and are perfect for this type of delayed retribution. No need for permanent damage, but still ruins their day.

acedia
05-11-2016, 09:51 AM
Just go through insurance. She'll still have the option to pay for it herself and not have to pay a deductible. You'll just have the insurance company documenting this so she can't back out after the work is done and refuse to pay for it.

I've done this before. Both parties have insurance involved, she paid the $800 bill, neither of us technically have a claim. Just something insurance companies do and not everyone knows this.

The only time I would ever not go through insurance is if the other party was someone I knew and trusted.

lasimmon
05-11-2016, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by acedia
Just go through insurance. She'll still have the option to pay for it herself and not have to pay a deductible. You'll just have the insurance company documenting this so she can't back out after the work is done and refuse to pay for it.

I've done this before. Both parties have insurance involved, she paid the $800 bill, neither of us technically have a claim. Just something insurance companies do and not everyone knows this.

The only time I would ever not go through insurance is if the other party was someone I knew and trusted.

Agreed.

I pay thousands of dollars for insurance why wouldn't I use them when someone else fucks up?

revelations
05-11-2016, 10:14 AM
OP if insurance, I hope you have full coverage. Otherwise she will make it a huge headache.

msommers
05-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Thaco, what did you end up deciding to do? IMO, insurance seems like the best way to go about this.

With respect to the way the police handled things at your place, maybe it really was a waste of time but you talked to non-emerg first, and they thought it was enough to send someone out - so that's they're problem. Secondly on how they handled things, for some officers, stuff like this is boring and honestly just don't give a flying fuck.

When my Accord got broken into years ago and all my electrician tools were stolen, I went down to the nearest district office. The thieves had gotten in my prying open my passenger window. 2 or 3 really good finger prints were right on the glass! So I went down and showed them and it was painfully obvious he just didn't feel like doing anything.

I'm involved with another investigation regarding an online scam. Again it was obvious this guy just didn't care to be there. I had everything laid out as thoroughly as it is possible yet he didn't want any of it. 2 months later from when they came over, he asks me when my transaction statement was generated.

Bottom line, lots of great cops out there doing really great police work. Also, some really fucking lazy ones that are asked to do "the boring work" and really don't feel like it, so they don't.

Best of luck.

Thaco
05-11-2016, 10:26 AM
thanks, i haven;t done anything yet, will go get quotes this weekend when i have some time and then provide them to her and give her a week, then i'll play the insurance game.

Rocket1k78
05-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by acedia

If both parties were normal people and lived in different areas then this route could work but in thacos situation this would just set himself up for more headache. He lives beside them and parks beside them. I would be willing to bet you any amount that if thaco went straight through insurance without talking to them first there would be way more trouble in the future.

You should get those quotes to fix and give them the chance but at the end of the day the damage was minimal to a car that wasnt in the best shape so maybe just let this go fwiw. Its not a good feeling to walk away when you're wronged but in this situation it might be worth it to avoid future hassle.

Trashy people really dont give a fuck

Thaco
05-11-2016, 10:38 AM

If both parties were normal people and lived in different areas then this route could work but in thacos situation this would just set himself up for more headache. He lives beside them and parks beside them. I would be willing to bet you any amount that if thaco went straight through insurance without talking to them first there would be way more trouble in the future.

You should get those quotes to fix and give them the chance but at the end of the day the damage was minimal to a car that wasnt in the best shape so maybe just let this go fwiw. Its not a good feeling to walk away when you're wronged but in this situation it might be worth it to avoid future hassle.

Trashy people really dont give a fuck that's my thought process, this is more about a lesson in respect and taking responsibility for your actions, than it is about the damage.

bjstare
05-11-2016, 10:43 AM
Get a quote from one place. Tell her it's her option whether she pays it or goes through insurance. Remember who's at fault here.

JohnnyHockey
05-11-2016, 08:04 PM
If you're really worried about having to live next to and see them every day I personally, if I was in this situation, let it go....trash will be trash.

At the end of the day, it's pretty minor and it's not like you're driving MaxBoost's car lol...is it really worth the potential of more headaches down the road? Is it really worth it escalating into something bigger and bigger.

I'd actually use it as a good opportunity to take the high road, just talk to them and say "I know it was an accident and you're probably pretty stressed with your kids, let's just forget about it..."

Sometimes you just have to pick your battles right...at the end of the day, you know they're trash and will probably always be trash. You win no matter what.

zhao
05-11-2016, 08:24 PM
If you're really worried about having to live next to and see them every day I personally, if I was in this situation, let it go....trash will be trash.

At the end of the day, it's pretty minor and it's not like you're driving MaxBoost's car lol...is it really worth the potential of more headaches down the road? Is it really worth it escalating into something bigger and bigger.

I'd actually use it as a good opportunity to take the high road, just talk to them and say "I know it was an accident and you're probably pretty stressed with your kids, let's just forget about it..."

Sometimes you just have to pick your battles right...at the end of the day, you know they're trash and will probably always be trash. You win no matter what.

that teaches them nothing. they will do this again, and figure tehy should get off scott free again. They likely also have been getting off scott free already and i'm betting this isn' the first time they fucked someones car and didn't care.

JohnnyHockey
05-11-2016, 08:30 PM
When you get older and more mature you realize some things just aren't worth it and you start looking at the big picture. Do you also feel a need to "teach a lesson" to every asshole that cuts you off?

revelations
05-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by zhao

that teaches them nothing. they will do this again, and figure tehy should get off scott free again. They likely also have been getting off scott free already and i'm betting this isn' the first time they fucked someones car and didn't care.

You underestimate the learning ability of many. There types of people will never learn - nor is there any desire to do so.

zhao
05-11-2016, 09:32 PM
When you get older and more mature you realize some things just aren't worth it and you start looking at the big picture. Do you also feel a need to "teach a lesson" to every asshole that cuts you off?

When you get a bit older than that you realize giving someone a free pass because you are too lazy to deal with it, or you fear consequences is pretty selfish and weak, and does nothing to benefit anyone, especially yourself. Sometimes a little push back goes a long ways. Sometimes you get your shit keyed.

However, what is almost guaranteed is that if you do nothing, nothing will change and the problem will continue to be a problem.

Plus, if you hit gutter trash with an at fault insurance claim, they may be priced out of owning a car, or living there. Their rates could potentially go up enough to be life altering. People like that usually live paycheck to paycheck spending every cent they have before they have it. 100 or 200 more per month on X is likely not in the budget.

Type_S1
05-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Took the words out of my mouth. Its like in hockey....always take the guys numbers and wait for the perfect moment for revenge.

JohnnyHockey
05-11-2016, 09:56 PM

When you get a bit older than that you realize giving someone a free pass because you are too lazy to deal with it, or you fear consequences is pretty selfish and weak, and does nothing to benefit anyone, especially yourself. Sometimes a little push back goes a long ways. Sometimes you get your shit keyed.

Ohhh haha really....I picture you as that old guy shaking his fist at anything and everything :rofl:

googe
05-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
Get a quote from one place. Tell her it's her option whether she pays it or goes through insurance. Remember who's at fault here.

I agree with this.

Don't piss them off any more than you have to. Don't teach them a lesson. It's hard to let go, but feuding with trash neighbors will just have you headed for more time/expense/hassle.

colsankey
05-12-2016, 09:55 AM
You think taking it to insurance won't start a feud with the neighbours?

lilmira
05-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Insurance or no insurance, they are not gonna like it. Going with insurance, you'll likely get your money. Not going with insurance, you may not get your money. It will drag on for a while at least. You tell them the cheapest quote is 500, they'll tell you that they'll fix it for you with a can of spray paint, blah, blah blah. If you are really worried, just let it go. Either way, you'll likely get more door dings. The only solution here is to either make them go away or you go away from them. You won't teach them any lesson.

Rocket1k78
05-12-2016, 10:32 AM

However, what is almost guaranteed is that if you do nothing, nothing will change and the problem will continue to be a problem.

Plus, if you hit gutter trash with an at fault insurance claim, they may be priced out of owning a car, or living there. Their rates could potentially go up enough to be life altering. People like that usually live paycheck to paycheck spending every cent they have before they have it. 100 or 200 more per month on X is likely not in the budget.

You know what, i change my take on this. Thaco should go and stand up for himself and go straight to insurance and file a claim. Its worth the risk if his cars get vandalised and they cause drama(because theyre literally next door to him), these trashy people could possibly be the .00001% that might get it and change their ways. It would be a pretty warm and fuzzy feeling to know you changed them thaco and protected future people from them

If for some reason insurance decided not to let them pay out of pocket for the $100 repair bill just imagine the carnage like zhao said. They would lose their car and home, no car or home means no friends because you wouldnt be able to drive to meet them and you wouldnt have a home for them to come too. They would probably have to move out of the city too because this would go viral and cause them too much stress

Thaco
05-12-2016, 01:55 PM
got my quote from Dilwari... $650... but its no big deal, anybody can just throw that cash out the window right?... at least that was the cops attitude anyway

Disoblige
05-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Exactly. Take it to insurance. Why even take the chance to chase that person down to collect? Can't wait to see what she says about the $650 :rolleyes:

Different scenario, but there was this guy who wouldn't return my $200 deposit over a car sale that he ditched on. Kept dragging his feet over paying me back and even to this day only paid back half. I was hesitant to file a police report but the district office recommended me to after I called them to inquire. Filed a online police report and surprisingly the police was really cool about it and is chasing him for it. Over fucking $200! Point of the matter is, when it's usually up to you, the other party typically will be flakes. Gotta get insurance or police involved to actually get them serious.

D'z Nutz
05-12-2016, 02:08 PM
Does your place face the parking spot? Just tell them you're now pointing a camera at the car from the house in case they want to try anything in the future, even if you don't. Or tell them you have a dash cam within the view of the side and rear windows. They sound ghetto enough to believe it haha

JohnnyHockey
05-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Well it sounds like you've already decided to go to battle with them. Good luck man. I hope it doesn't cause you any more stress than you need.

btimbit
05-12-2016, 02:17 PM
got my quote from Dilwari... $650... but its no big deal, anybody can just throw that cash out the window right?... at least that was the cops attitude anyway

What's the dumbcunt have to say about that price?

I fully expect "Oh I'm not paying that, I have a cousin that can do it for $150"

Rocket1k78
05-12-2016, 02:20 PM

Ouch, i thought it was just a paint scuff that could be buffed out. Makes that call even tougher now, at anything less than $200 id say drop it but thats a lot to just let slide. Good luck!

Thaco
05-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Does your place face the parking spot? Just tell them you're now pointing a camera at the car from the house in case they want to try anything in the future, even if you don't. Or tell them you have a dash cam within the view of the side and rear windows. They sound ghetto enough to believe it haha it doesn't i cant see the lot at all from my house, but i did create a wifi SSID called "parking lot security camera" cant hurt, lol

Thaco
05-12-2016, 02:37 PM
Well it sounds like you've already decided to go to battle with them. Good luck man. I hope it doesn't cause you any more stress than you need. i'm not sure what gave you that impression? i've said several times i am not going to battle... i am going to give them the quote and tell them i don't want their money, all i wanted was acknowledgement and an apology. Just got the quote to show them its not as minor as they think.

actually thats my intent, but if she goes off the deep end then fuck her, i'll just walk away and call her insurance company.

Thaco
05-12-2016, 02:38 PM

Ouch, i thought it was just a paint scuff that could be buffed out. Makes that call even tougher now, at anything less than $200 id say drop it but thats a lot to just let slide. Good luck! honestly it could probably be PDr'd for a couple hundred, guy at the body shop even said that, i told him i know, i dont want a cheap fix... likely wont get it fixed at all, just need a number to make the broad pee a little.

Thaco
05-13-2016, 09:32 PM
so i took the high road, and it went better than expected.

Went over and gave them the quote, and then told them, it wasnt about the money, it was about the principle....

They were very receptive, very apologetic, seemed genuine, and even went out and bought a nice flower and a $100 GC for us as an apology/thanks.

I'm satisfied, i think they learned from it, and i get a nice meal, and i don't have to stress about my cars or property being fucked up.... at least not by them.

btimbit
05-13-2016, 09:35 PM
That's not a bad outcome. If it truly was an older car and who cares about some minor body damage, then well played

J.M.
05-13-2016, 11:54 PM
Looks like this situation turned out better than I expected :nut:

03ozwhip
05-14-2016, 05:50 AM

Went over and gave them the quote, and then told them, it wasnt about the money, it was about the principle....

They were very receptive, very apologetic, seemed genuine, and even went out and bought a nice flower and a $100 GC for us as an apology/thanks.

I'm satisfied, i think they learned from it, and i get a nice meal, and i don't have to stress about my cars or property being fucked up.... at least not by them.
Until you go to use that card and it's got $3 left on it lol then when you bring THAT up, oops we gave you a flower and a gift card too bad, son! Lol

Thaco
05-14-2016, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Until you go to use that card and it's got $3 left on it lol then when you bring THAT up, oops we gave you a flower and a gift card too bad, son! Lol i still have plenty of time to open an insurance claim :)

Rocket1k78
05-14-2016, 11:29 AM

:thumbsup: you have to admit that was the absolute best case scenario and you got it. Could you imagine if you went dick mode and went straight through insurance.

carson blocks
05-14-2016, 02:01 PM

:thumbsup: you have to admit that was the absolute best case scenario and you got it. Could you imagine if you went dick mode and went straight through insurance.

Getting flowers and a $100 GC to get out of paying for a $650 repair is the absolute best case scenario? I could be reading it wrong, but it didn't sound like OP is getting the car fixed on top of that.

btimbit
05-14-2016, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by carson blocks

Getting flowers and a $100 GC to get out of paying for a $650 repair is the absolute best case scenario? I could be reading it wrong, but it didn't sound like OP is getting the car fixed on top of that.

Didn't sound like he wanted to ever get it fixed, was just appalled by the lack of respect

Thaco
05-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

Didn't sound like he wanted to ever get it fixed, was just appalled by the lack of respect +1

Rocket1k78
05-16-2016, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by carson blocks

Its about RESPEK:D Thaco already said he wasnt too worried about the repair since it was an older car. From the start it sounded like he just wanted some acknowledgement from them that they caused damage and it looks like he got it so for him that was the best case. Now y'all finished or y'all done

rx7boi
05-16-2016, 10:17 AM
Of course it went better than expected.

You saved them $550 bucks lol.

Thaco
05-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by rx7boi
Of course it went better than expected.

You saved them $550 bucks lol. not really, it could have been PDR'd for a couple hundred at worst. I see it as an investment because if they stayed pissed, i'm sure they'd have cost me a lot more than the $650 and i wouldn't have been so lucky as to catch them next time. and they may have caused damage to something i actually cared about.

Hallowed_point
05-16-2016, 11:36 AM

Well done :clap:

Wrinkly
05-16-2016, 04:07 PM
or.....just maybe they saw this thread and didn't want to incur the wrath of beyond ;)