PDA

View Full Version : Silver integra--Saturday night..Anderson road

Maxt
09-30-2002, 08:00 PM
With a car like that, the owner has to be on this board, coming down Anderson on Saturday afternoon/ evening...Big wing, big exhaust, clear lights, probably describes half the integras in Calgary, we were in the RX's..:burnout:
Or the honda guy with the Tv sets in the headrests going back up(westbound) Anderson same night night?
The tv sets were freaky, why have them in the car though? I think that is definetley illegal in the Alberta HTA...Cops don't seem to mind my AST notebook in my car though..
I guess there are alot of car fashions I don't understand, neon is one of them..
Alot of effort going into some cars in town, and some really big bucks, but hotrodding has changed, its not how fast the car is now, its how good it looks, and what it does sitting still, which agains does nothing for me, but whatever floats your boat.. have fun..Maxt

ecstasy_civic
09-30-2002, 11:47 PM
hey max wanna come to race city on fri night? im dying to see your car in person man. the pictures im sure dont do justice. im sure youll see some neon there. :rofl:

Maxt
10-01-2002, 06:32 AM
Yeah I might come out Friday night, depends what time I finish work..My tranny is pretty much lunched and I have no battery disconnect so I probably won't be running on the 1/4..Maxt

Speed_RaSiR
10-03-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
its not how fast the car is now, its how good it looks, and what it does sitting still,

Maybe for Ricers.

rx7_turbo2
10-09-2002, 11:16 PM
Haha I remember those cars Max. The integra did a classic ricer flybye. I think the reason we see lots of those cars is because the intricacies of making a car go fast are lost on lots of these people and it's just easier to bolt on a wing and body kit and make it look fast. That integra got taught a lesson.

DSM Power
10-10-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

Maybe for Ricers.

:rofl: :werd:

Maxt
10-11-2002, 06:57 PM
Yeah I agree, its hard work and alot of cash to make a car really fast, also there isn't a place for anyone to really learn that stuff here either, in the US there are alot of extracurricular courses based on the racing industry for kids,at least when I was in autoshop in highschool, we had a teacher that was wise in the ways of the cubic inch, and brought people in from various shops to speak to the class, I would bet that is not the case now, with all the streetracing devil talk these days, it would be pretty Un-P.C. to bring in a hardcore engine machinist to spread the gospel of speed to the youngin's..I was pretty lucky when I think about it..
The shit kids spend their money on now in the performance shops, and I use the word performance loosely, just makes me cringe, also everyone wants to start with a brand new car, I have alot more respect for old school rides done up, then new cars with just add water kits type shit on them..Max