PDA

View Full Version : Need a small cargo trailer for a day.

frozenrice
05-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Anybody know any secret/unknown places that rent cargo trailers? Something has come up and I need to rent (or borrow) a 4/5ft x 8ft cargo trailer for this weekend. I only need it for a day but being such short notice, I'm not having any luck with U-haul and I'm just waiting to hear back from one or two places. Need it on the cheap too.

spike98
05-16-2016, 02:20 PM
Have you looked on kijiji? Some guys rent them out when they arent using them.

Are you looking for enclosed or will a utility trailer do?

frozenrice
05-16-2016, 02:28 PM
I did look on there but not much selection (i.e. too big for towing capacity), its out of town or minimum rental days required. A flat deck would do in a pinch but looking at the forecast this weekend, an enclosed one would be safest bet.

ianmcc
05-16-2016, 02:31 PM
Home Depot?

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/tool-and-vehicle-rental/truck-and-vehicle-rental-faq.html

btimbit
05-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Had one from Greenwood Rentals last weekend

KPHMPH
05-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Home Depot, Rona, etc does rentals.

frozenrice
05-16-2016, 07:45 PM
I'm going to cross my fingers and try and scoop one up at Home Depot. Greenway was one of the places I was waiting to hear back from. Guy was very professional, but because they aren't open on weekends they wanted to charge me a weekend rate even though I only need it for one day. Because it's a long weekend he said I could have it for the extra day, but not only do I not want to pay for more days than I don't need, I don't have a place to park it for the days I'm not going to use it.

90_Shelby
05-16-2016, 10:04 PM
I have one but it might be too small for you, 3' x 5' box. Plywood etc would fit by strapping to the box rail.

btimbit
05-16-2016, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I'm going to cross my fingers and try and scoop one up at Home Depot. Greenway was one of the places I was waiting to hear back from. Guy was very professional, but because they aren't open on weekends they wanted to charge me a weekend rate even though I only need it for one day. Because it's a long weekend he said I could have it for the extra day, but not only do I not want to pay for more days than I don't need, I don't have a place to park it for the days I'm not going to use it.

Ah, yeah I had the same issue last week. Took it for the whole weekend but would have preferred just the one day.

Maybe Airdrie trailer? They're open a full day Saturday vs just a half day like Greenwood. They are closed Sunday though, and their rental rates aren't posted on their site so I have no clue how competitive they are. Never used them myself but heard good things.

raceman6135
05-16-2016, 11:00 PM
I've never used these guys, but had them bookmarked from (I think) a different Beyond thread:

http://www.j2rentals.ca

frozenrice
05-16-2016, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

Ah, yeah I had the same issue last week. Took it for the whole weekend but would have preferred just the one day.

Maybe Airdrie trailer? They're open a full day Saturday vs just a half day like Greenwood. They are closed Sunday though, and their rental rates aren't posted on their site so I have no clue how competitive they are. Never used them myself but heard good things.

l got a quote from them too but :eek: . $165/day plus $20/day insurance.

blindsight
05-16-2016, 11:55 PM

frozenrice
05-16-2016, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by raceman6135
I've never used these guys, but had them bookmarked from (I think) a different Beyond thread:

http://www.j2rentals.ca

Good find. Smallest enclosed one they have needs a brake controller though.

frozenrice
05-17-2016, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by blindsight
Would a landscape trailer work? I have one that's the right size but anything would need to be strapped down and covered with a tarp.

In a pinch it would work but I'm aiming for an enclosed one mainly to avoid the whole tarping and strapping thing :)

blindsight
05-17-2016, 12:09 AM

frozenrice
05-17-2016, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by blindsight

Send me a PM if you need it, good luck otherwise.

I appreciate it. Thanks!