PDA

View Full Version : Has Telus activated the USB port on the T1200H router yet?

ZMan2k2
05-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Hey guys.

I had an Asus router, the 66N handling all my multicast and IPTV duties, until it died. Now I'm back to the Telus router. It works. It's not the best, but now that I'm back on disability, a new router isn't in the cards right now.

What I want to do, is plug in a HDD formatted to FAT32, which the router seems to recognize in the control panel, and stream my FLAC files to my Marantz receiver. When you plug in a freshly formatted drive, it writes two folders on it "admin" and "share". I've tried putting files in these folders, and for some reason, they are not seen. So, I tried using the menu structure of my Marantz receiver, "Music","All Music" and putting a folder of music in there. I'm wondering if this is even worth it, as I'm not sure Telus has activated the USB port on the last firmware update.

Anyone know, or have experience in trying to set this up?

eblend
05-30-2016, 05:11 PM
I don't have the T1200H, but the actiontech 1000v has the usb port enabled and also has DLNA (very basic)...you plug in the usb and can browse to it via \\192.168.1.254\ or something like that, or with DLNA enabled you can view the content with DLNA capable device.

rage2
05-30-2016, 05:57 PM
I have a few routers kicking around.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=397300

Pick one for free if it works for what you need.

ZMan2k2
05-31-2016, 07:15 PM
Thanks rage2. But I need one that will handle IPTV duties. The Telus router is going bye-bye. I know that Asus routers have IPTV menus and setups built into the firmware of the router, so that's the way I'm going. I hated to do it, but it was on sale, so I picked up a new Asus router. Should be here tomorrow.

As a side note, Telus has unlocked the USB port, but you need a password to access anything on it. That doesn't work for something as simple as streaming FLAC files to my receiver, can't program the receiver to enter the password, not possible. Stupid.