PDA

View Full Version : Any surveyors on here?

spikerS
06-03-2016, 09:02 PM
My RC club is going to be attempting to set a Guinness Book of World Records record this summer, and one of the stipulations we have been given, is that a properly credentialed surveyor must be willing to verify measurements and such.

This whole process to get approval from Guinness is a super long and drawn out process to get to this point.

If there are any surveyors here that would be willing to donate some time, and help us out, please let me know.

revelations
06-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Sounds like you need an ALS with all the right gear.

Dumbass17
06-03-2016, 10:15 PM
i doubt it has to be als, sounds like any typical surveyor would suffice

revelations
06-03-2016, 10:46 PM
With Guinness, one would assume a professional needs to be called upon.

I'm a lowly surveyor tech by trade and haven't turned a gun in years - so I doubt that Guinness would approve my measurements (was that HD or SD??). :nut:

spikerS
06-03-2016, 11:13 PM
well, what we need is a surveyor to verify that our measurements are correct on the device we are using to measure height.

so basically someone who can verify that out 25 foot mark is indeed 25 feet.

ExtraSlow
06-04-2016, 08:35 AM
I would assume it would need to be a professionally certified measurement, so a stamped drawing. Might be able to get a survey company to "sponsor" the event by providing their services for free?

4runneron36s
06-09-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm an ALS. What exactly is the record you're going for?

spikerS
06-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by 4runneron36s
I'm an ALS. What exactly is the record you're going for?

We are going for the highest jump performed by an RC vehicle. What we are specifically requiring is someone that can put a rubber stamp on a piece of paper, that our height measurements are indeed what we say they are, when we send in our paperwork.

Of course, if a company wanted to sponsor it, we would be happy to hang banners or advertisements as well.

4runneron36s
06-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Cool, I'd be down with helping you out. When do you plan on doing this? Where's the track? PM me if you don't want to clutter up your thread.

spikerS
06-09-2016, 09:55 AM
well, we had planned for July 2nd, but it took so long to hear back from the Guinness people that we have to push the date back a bit so that we have the time to bring everything together logistically.

We still have to line a few things up, and secure a location, and insurance. Speaking of which, I need to call Bill for some advice on that.