PDA

View Full Version : Same avatar popping up for me for several users?

asp integra
06-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Not sure what is happening when i look on beyond, but my avatar just changed to a guy snorkelling giving a thumbs up (without me changing my avatar) Then looking around the forums all other users are showing up with the same avatar with the exception of a few members. Any idea whats going on?

rage2
06-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Clear your browser cache.

01RedDX
06-06-2016, 12:50 PM

SKR
06-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
When I click on a user's profile button, I get "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view." When I click on a user's search button I get a jumble of old posts from different users. This only happens in Chrome and clearing the cache does not resolve it.

Same for me. I can't see most people's avatars either, but some I can. I'm using Chrome also and clearing the cache hasn't helped.

Edit: It works with Opera and Edge, just not Chrome.

dj_rice
06-06-2016, 10:04 PM
I had the same issue awhile back. Everyone was Star Wars avatars lol. I couldn't figure out the fix after clearing cache. It was with Mozilla Firefox. Ended up switching to Chrome and no issues since.

Thaco
06-16-2016, 02:23 PM
yeah mine shows this chick for 90% of people, not that i mind.....

SKR
06-16-2016, 10:34 PM
I might change my avatar to that. She seems like a nice lady.

rage2
06-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Clear your cache. That seems to be fixing all the weird caching issues with Chrome.

SKR
06-17-2016, 08:37 AM
I must not know how to do it right. I go into history, and clear browsing data, and check off clear cache. That doesn't do anything.

I wish software people would just have an "unfuck" button for dumb people like me. If something isn't working right, just click Unfuck and that'll fix it right up.

NoPulp
06-20-2016, 01:24 PM
There should also be a "fuck up" button that the mods can press to discourage people of their choosing from posting.:rofl:

But yeah, thats basically how I cleared my cache and it worked for me.

Thaco
06-20-2016, 01:42 PM
i knew it was a caching problem, funny thing is i tried IE and it came up the same... cleared my cache and it was fine, wasnt complaining, just contributing to the thread, thought it was amusing.. at first i only noticed it because my avatar had changed, i thought rage2 was fucking with me again.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-21-2016, 08:55 AM
Cleared the cache on my phone and it fixed mine. Chrome on IPhone 6S+.

rage2
06-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Try logging out and logging back in to see if it fixes the problem. I've identified the problem, something to do with our caching provider, but I've temporarily made a code change that may address this.

Wrinkly
11-16-2016, 12:59 PM
I'm getting the same issues with profiles. Cleared cache, logged out and in again, still the same!

rage2 - you are apparently not a registered user LOL

Also getting "junk" search results - wrong user etc.

And.....showing a different pic in my market place ad depending whether I access via desktop or iphone :dunno: tried changing it (on desktop) but it's still the same (previous pic)?!

dirtsniffer
11-17-2016, 09:34 AM
shizzz going crazy for me again

dirtsniffer
12-06-2016, 10:14 AM
clearing cache is not fixing the issue.

Seth1968
12-06-2016, 10:22 AM
If you're using Chrome, try resetting it. If it doesn't work, you'll at least have removed some probable crap that's in there:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

rage2
12-06-2016, 11:05 AM
This is a cookie related issue. If you're having problems in Chrome, you can help me try and debug this problem.

1. Navigate to the thread where you're having problems (pretty much any thread).

2. Press F12. This opens up the session thingy. click on Network.

3. Click refresh or hit F5.

4. On the right side, you'll see the entire transaction. Scroll to the top to find the URL (either showthread.php or actual thread name). Click on it.

5. Click on Headers (should already be clicked) and look under Request Headers. Expand it if it hasn't been expanded.

6. Copy out the whole Cookie section in Request headers and PM it over to me.

That should give me enough information to try and isolate which bad cookie is fucking you over.

kenny
12-06-2016, 04:50 PM
I had a disappearing avatar issue and I fixed it by going to the forums.beyond.ca cookies and nuking the userid cookie.

I haven't encountered this same avatar for every user issue though but it may be related.