PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic-Friendly Car Storage In Vancouver Area?

sum_weirdo
06-05-2016, 12:29 PM
My better half got a new job in Vancouver this week, and so we're moving there (or around there) from Calgary in a few months. And I'm also getting around to fulfilling an age-old dream: To own a 60s muscle car.

I haven't decided yet if I'm buying an old junker for cheap, or buying a previously restored beast that's ready to race out of the box. But either way I'll need some kind of garage-like space to work on it in.

At this point in time the proverbial house with a garage seems unlikely, with Vancouver being as expensive as it is. And even some of the storage facilities I've checked out in Vancouver are advertising rents of $400/month. That's apt to be more expensive than the car payment, and that's if they even allowed car tinkering onsite. Which so far they don't :rolleyes:

Is there anywhere in the greater Vancouver area that won't take my testicles for collateral, and actually allow some moderate car work? I don't mind if it's a bit far away. Thanks.

03ozwhip
06-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Rent a private garage.

nismodrifter
06-06-2016, 11:00 AM
If you find a place, let me know, we just moved out here as well, I haven't brought my summer car over yet as still hunting for a safe + affordable place to park it.