PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new BBQ (~$700)

nagooro
06-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Looking to pick up a new BBQ (natural gas) this week. Due to my price range of around $700, I was initially looking at the Broil King Signet and Baron series, however after doing some more research the Weber Spirit E310 seems like it might be a good choice as well.

Any recommendations or advice is appreciated!

dj_rice
06-08-2016, 06:22 AM
I have the Broil King Signet 20 myself. Been researching and waiting for 2 years to pick one up. Finally seen it go on sale at lowest price so picked it up. Made in Canada. Can't go wrong.

But the E310 is a great unit as well. I do believe it was highly recommended on RFD

98teg
06-12-2016, 02:58 AM
I have a broil king signed 70. Had it for 6 years no issues

ExtraSlow
06-12-2016, 09:18 AM
I keep thinking I'm going to replace the old Fiesta I've had since 2004. That thing is a trooper, but it's ready for a second burner replacement, and also the "sear bars" need replacing. I think spending $100 on this bad boy is foolish, so this thread is well timed.

nagooro
06-12-2016, 10:58 PM
How much of a PITA is it to season the cast iron grills and keep them in good shape?

I am now torn between getting a ~$700 broil king (cast iron) or spending a few hundred more and getting a Weber Genesis (stainless steel). I am thinking of it as a very long term investment and leaning towards the Weber.

FixedGear
06-12-2016, 11:16 PM
I've never had issues with my cast iron broil king

SkiBum5.0
06-13-2016, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by nagooro
How much of a PITA is it to season the cast iron grills and keep them in good shape?

I am now torn between getting a ~$700 broil king (cast iron) or spending a few hundred more and getting a Weber Genesis (stainless steel). I am thinking of it as a very long term investment and leaning towards the Weber.

Seasoning cast iron grills is simple -

Seasoning Grill (https://www.lodgemfg.com/use-and-care/seasoned-cast-iron-use-and-care.asp)

Just re-do that process when food starts to "stick" to the grill.

sputnik
06-13-2016, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by nagooro

I have a cast Broil King and I season the grills regularly with shortening (2-3 times per year).

Also if you aren't using the grill over the winter make sure you cover the grills with shortening before you put it away until spring.

ExtraSlow
06-13-2016, 08:41 AM
I have never really worried about seasoning my cast iron grille. I rub it with oil once a year, or less, and it's in decent shape after a dozen years.

BokCh0y
06-13-2016, 08:47 AM
I have a cast iron weber, have had it for 3 years now I think. Works great, by far the best BBQ I've ever had, the investment was worth it. Had the charm flow previously, what a piece of shit. Got 4 years out of it and the burner and grills went, parts totaled were the same as a new BBQ.

For my cast iron, all I do is run oil on it at the start and end of the BBQ season.

nagooro
06-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. Ending up getting a Weber Genesis EP-310 (stainless steel) from Barbecues Galore.